Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 09:41 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times

Advertisements

I called them when they didn't arrive, and was kept on hold for nine minutes. Then I used Live Chat, and was told they would be there by 9pm. Well, I had to go to work, and when I came home, there was no note on the door.

Maybe an informative email will do some good......

Old 09-05-2009, 10:38 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,427,067 times
I think I'd write a snail-mail letter to their main office. Addressed to the president, with a cc to customer service.

You have all the dates of promises and details right here in this thread to make your points.

If I wrote the letter, I'd try to use the words "disappointed", "let down", "waste of my time", "bad advertising", "failed", "disillusioned", and "failed" as much as possible.

I can almost guarantee you'll get an answer.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:46 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
I had such a different experience, my food came when they said it would. The food was amazing. I ordered the Turkey Pot pies and they were so much better then the ones in the grocery store, 4 to a box for 9.98. The man brought them to my door, I didn't have to pay a delivery fee. This next order even if I do have to pay a delivery fee, it will only be $1.00.

He came back the next week with a catalog with coupons in it so if I want I can order again. For those on Food Stamps, you can purchase food from Schwanns with your Food Stamp Card.

I plan on ordering some more food as soon as I can find the catalog. I also found out that you can do a search for coupon codes, that you put into the order and it will take money off the order. For example, I got $1 off for ordering two ice cream things plus an additional $5 off from the code that gives you that amount off for buying $25 or more.

They have these ice cream desserts that has a brownie with ice cream, they sell them at Walmart however I checked the cost versus weight and the one from Schwanns are a better deal. They are cool because its a small amount for each serving. If I made brownies, an entire batch, I would eat the entire thing. I am like that. These small servings are just enough to satisfy my craving for something sweet.

I also did a similar comparison of the Pot Pies, weight and price wise, they are a better deal then what you get at Walmart.

I am sure the service you get varies based on the driver you get and the area you are in, however I had great luck with them and am going to give them another chance. I especially like it that I can find coupon codes online to get money off my order. There is also a deal where if you refer customers you can get money off your order.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:07 AM

I just sent Schwans an email regarding my meatballs. But I send the email on top of their confirmation emails that they sent me about my order. I informed them that they had until the end of the to contact me, and resolve the problem, or I was going to write a letter to corporate and enclose a copy of the email.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:09 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I just sent Schwans an email regarding my meatballs. But I send the email on top of their confirmation emails that they sent me about my order. I informed them that they had until the end of the to contact me, and resolve the problem, or I was going to write a letter to corporate and enclose a copy of the email.
I sure hope they compensate you for all your troubles.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:37 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,601,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Glad you posted johnrex....we can always use a helpful man around!!!!
I don't know so much about helpful, but I have plenty of opinions and my wife does complain I am always hanging around.... underfoot I think she calls it.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:39 AM

2,002 posts, read 4,582,765 times
Uh, I just read the thread. Let's see if my ice cream and cookies arrive and if they are good

Thanks for sharing, OP.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:38 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
I sent a friend of mine the link to the free 10 of food and she said they didn't take it, or it wouldn't work. Something along those lines.

I suppose the stuff I got was good, everyone but me ate it

Old 09-11-2009, 05:45 PM

The meatball fiasco continues.....I received an email from Schwans today. It says as follows:

Dear Sue,

We have escalated your concern to a higher level of management to expedite and receive your service concern. Someone should be contacting you to provide resolution and to further assist you.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

So......I'll wait a week before sending a snail mail letter to corporate.

I'll keep everyone posted on this.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:32 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Maybe you should send them a link to this thread so they realize how many people are reading how Schwans resolves this for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff