Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 07:38 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,361,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
My daughter called today from Va.- all excited A friend from work had their motorcycle stolen-he was going to a movie and some one pushed him off and drove off in his motorcycle.

Today she went to the supermarket across the street from where she has an apt and leaving saw her friends bike.
Called her friend, cops came.Bike sitting in the lot over a week, according to the supermarket employees. Friend got his bike back.
She was so excited to do a good deed.
When she first called me I was so nervous if the person saw her/car-retribution!
Thank goodness there were no problems-I was a nervous wreck being 12 hours away.

Huzzahs! For DKVA's daughter!!

Old 11-24-2009, 07:59 PM

Talking My Day

I'm always the first one there in the morning. Walk into the dark reception area and can see my office door is closed. "Oh cool," I thought, "They bug-bombed."

Walked closer. Still in the dark. There's paper signs all over my door, all saying some version of Happy Birthday. I start laughing. It's not until later in the month and I'd had other things to think about.

Open door. There are more paper signs all over the walls. With aliens. And spaceships. There were about 20 balloons floating around the room with aliens drawn on them. Someone had even made a spaceship out of paper plates covered with foil with aliens inside of it.

They had taken everything off the top of my desk, wrapped it with tin foil, and put my stuff back on top of the foil.

I was still laughing when the next person came in around 7.

They made me lunch! All low carb - lots of veggies and chicken and beef. (But my boss had made cranberry orange muffins. I had one. Or two. Or three )

I work with some great people!

And now I'm off work until next Wednesday.
Wheeeeeeeeee

Old 11-24-2009, 08:07 PM

15,893 posts, read 18,213,222 times
Happy Birthday early!

You've got an entire week off. It doesn't get much better than that.

Have fun. Enjoy.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:00 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,892,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
I'm always the first one there in the morning. Walk into the dark reception area and can see my office door is closed. "Oh cool," I thought, "They bug-bombed."

Walked closer. Still in the dark. There's paper signs all over my door, all saying some version of Happy Birthday. I start laughing. It's not until later in the month and I'd had other things to think about.

Open door. There are more paper signs all over the walls. With aliens. And spaceships. There were about 20 balloons floating around the room with aliens drawn on them. Someone had even made a spaceship out of paper plates covered with foil with aliens inside of it.

They had taken everything off the top of my desk, wrapped it with tin foil, and put my stuff back on top of the foil.

They made me lunch! All low carb - lots of veggies and chicken and beef. (But my boss had made cranberry orange muffins. I had one. Or two. Or three )

Wheeeeeeeeee

Oh my gosh!! That's a great surprise!! What wonderful fun people you work with.
Hope you had an awesome birthday!!

Old 11-25-2009, 01:33 PM

883 posts, read 516,573 times
I would like to wish everyone here a very Happy Thanksgiving day with your friends and Family.

I have not been here lately because my computer got Hacked into
But is fixed now Thank God

Old 11-25-2009, 01:47 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,892,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DulceJ View Post
I would like to wish everyone here a very Happy Thanksgiving day with your friends and Family.

I have not been here lately because my computer got Hacked into
But is fixed now Thank God
Me toooo!!! I'm so busy right now but wanted to take time to wish everyone a SAFE, food filled holiday. Make sure you hug the ones you love and tell them you love them everyday....

Old 11-25-2009, 02:24 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,115,887 times
Quote:

Wheeeeeeeeee
how fun!!! Happy early Birthday!!
Happy T day to everyone.
We're cheating by eating out then home for desserts

Old 11-25-2009, 03:49 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,875,005 times
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM THE FREEBIE GANG GANDALARA!!!!

Old 11-25-2009, 04:06 PM

Wheeee ... Thanks! I'll be celebrating all weekend long :-)

Old 11-25-2009, 05:52 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,294,243 times
Quote:

Wheeeeeeeeee
What an awesome group you work with!

Happy Birthday

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff