Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2010, 09:36 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,892,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Quick post....I got a virus on my home computer and cant access the internet until I either get it fixed or buy a new computer. I'm on the office computer right now but cant really stay long enough to post regularly. As soon as I find out how much it will cost to clean up my computer, I'll decide whether it's worthwhile spending the $$$ on this old computer or if I should just buy a new one. See you soon!
!! Hurry back!

Old 04-01-2010, 10:28 AM

15,893 posts, read 18,213,222 times
Quote:
Quick post....I got a virus on my home computer and cant access the internet until I either get it fixed or buy a new computer. I'm on the office computer right now but cant really stay long enough to post regularly. As soon as I find out how much it will cost to clean up my computer, I'll decide whether it's worthwhile spending the $$$ on this old computer or if I should just buy a new one. See you soon!
My computer kicked the bucket over the weekend and after a couple of days I was able to sneak into it through some back door that I found. I had no idea what I was doing but it worked. However, there is no sound. I ordered a new one from Dell and it will be here tomorrow. Yippee!

When it comes I will have 3 old computers in the garage. It's time to donate them. They take up a lot of room and someone else would be able to use them.

I hope the cost is low for cleaning out the virus in your machine. If it's not then have fun getting a new one.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:20 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,488,863 times
Quote:
Good luck with it all! Been there and done that a few times over the years.....always a pain!

Old 04-01-2010, 02:38 PM

Someone hit my mail box with their car last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was sitting in the house and hubby was out back when all of a sudden we heard this LOUD craaaacccckkkkkkk. I thought a tree had cracked in half it was so loud. We both came running out at the same time asking wth was that??!! Then I noticed the mail box was gone. We have ( had ) a large fence post cemented into the ground with the box on top. Well, I found the post (it had been snapped off at the ground) then I found the box. Hubby chased some kids down but they say they didn't do it ( no one else was around...) but he said there was no damage to their car so he let them go.

My first thought was OH NO, my FREEBIES!!!!!!!! We got the post kinda standing up and I talked to the creepy post man this morning and he said it would be ok for now but we need to replace it soon.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:04 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,361,883 times
Quote:
Ack!

(You should be able to have it cleaned for under $100)

Old 04-01-2010, 06:06 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,361,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Someone hit my mail box with their car last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was sitting in the house and hubby was out back when all of a sudden we heard this LOUD craaaacccckkkkkkk. I thought a tree had cracked in half it was so loud. We both came running out at the same time asking wth was that??!! Then I noticed the mail box was gone. We have ( had ) a large fence post cemented into the ground with the box on top. Well, I found the post (it had been snapped off at the ground) then I found the box. Hubby chased some kids down but they say they didn't do it ( no one else was around...) but he said there was no damage to their car so he let them go.

My first thought was OH NO, my FREEBIES!!!!!!!! We got the post kinda standing up and I talked to the creepy post man this morning and he said it would be ok for now but we need to replace it soon.
You sure it was a car? Maybe the kids had a baseball bat and were playing Whack-A-Mailbox from the moving car ....

(Don't ask me how I know this can be done )

Old 04-01-2010, 06:29 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,875,005 times
My parents live in a rural area. They have lost several mailboxes through the years.....and pieces of their fence as well.

I got a nasty virus in my last laptop. I finally just went and bought a new one. I am now using the paid version of McAfee and all seems to be going well. I like the way they warn you BEFORE you click on a bad site. That is always a scary thing in the freebie world.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:53 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,294,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post

OMG-this happened to us a few months ago. In our development all of the mail boxes are brick columns. We were buying a spec home and thought the mailbox came with the home. Well it wasn't included. We paid a lot of money for this brick column to encase our mailbox.
But any way-a neighbor coming down our block-texting on his phone-demolished our mailbox. $2,000 to his car -he called the police-my husband came home and thought some distraught contractor knocked down our mail box.
But anyway-our neighbor paid for our new mailbox that we waited so long for.

Hopefully, he won't text and drive anymore.mMy husband asked him is that he was physically ok-forget about the mailbox-as long as your your not hurt. This neighbor also gave us a $100 gift certificate to a near by local gourmet restaurant.

Yesterday, today and tomorrow we are 80. Hopefully all you guys are having the same nice weather! Able to do some weeding, cleanup outside and getting ready to do some planting-yeay!

Old 04-02-2010, 02:29 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,875,005 times
It is possible that laws vary from state to state regarding mailboxes, but depending on the kind of road you have, in Florida you may have to erect a 'break away' mailbox. Before putting a lot of money in one, it is best to check with your local post office to see what your local specifications are. I don't think they are real strict, but if the mailboxes are on a major highway, they won't deliver the mail unless it follows the guidelines.
------------------------------------------------

I'm glad it is Friday. I'm driving about 3 hours north tomorrow to visit a friend for Easter....but plan to drive home tomorrow evening. The traffic will be too heavy on Sunday with Spring Break and so many tourist in town....plus I plan to take my youngest son out for dinner since my daughter and the baby are out of town also.

What does everyone else have planned?

Oh...sorry about the Freebies today. There isn't much out there to post!

Old 04-02-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
It is possible that laws vary from state to state regarding mailboxes, but depending on the kind of road you have, in Florida you may have to erect a 'break away' mailbox. Before putting a lot of money in one, it is best to check with your local post office to see what your local specifications are. I don't think they are real strict, but if the mailboxes are on a major highway, they won't deliver the mail unless it follows the guidelines.
------------------------------------------------

I'm glad it is Friday. I'm driving about 3 hours north tomorrow to visit a friend for Easter....but plan to drive home tomorrow evening. The traffic will be too heavy on Sunday with Spring Break and so many tourist in town....plus I plan to take my youngest son out for dinner since my daughter and the baby are out of town also.

What does everyone else have planned?

Oh...sorry about the Freebies today. There isn't much out there to post!
Well, for starters we're going to put in a new mail box. There are no restrictions here so I want to put it on a big a$$ pipe of some sort. The guy across the street got his smacked a few times years back then he put it on a pipe. Said next time some punk tried to smack it he would brake his arm. We dang if someone didn't try... to box is still standing.

Saturday so we will go round up a mailbox set up and get it all put in then have all day Sunday to just play . My daughter will be off and her boy friend will be with his family so we will BBQ, sit on the back porch with a cold one, listen to some good tunes while watching the birds and eat way to much. Talk talk about days gone past and what is ahead. Hubby will probably finsih getting the pool ready for use when the weather turns hot .

Happy Easter everyone!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff