Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 07:52 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times

Advertisements

You know Wurzig, after I sold my home a few years ago and began renting....it took all the pressure off. I may end up a bag lady after I retire, but at least I don't have to pay to repair stuff now.

Here's a group hug for all your stress:

DVKA, If you send someone a rep and aren't sure if it 'sent' properly, just click back on the rep icon on the same post you sent it on. If it DID send, there will be a pop up saying you can't rep the same post twice. If it DIDN'T send, many times your note will still be in the message box and you can try again. This happens to me all the time. Not sure why.

HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYS THEIR DAY!

Old 05-06-2010, 04:16 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
You know Wurzig, after I sold my home a few years ago and began renting....it took all the pressure off. I may end up a bag lady after I retire, but at least I don't have to pay to repair stuff now.

Here's a group hug for all your stress:

DVKA, If you send someone a rep and aren't sure if it 'sent' properly, just click back on the rep icon on the same post you sent it on. If it DID send, there will be a pop up saying you can't rep the same post twice. If it DIDN'T send, many times your note will still be in the message box and you can try again. This happens to me all the time. Not sure why.

HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYS THEIR DAY!
Well, it turns out they are NOT done........it went from bad to worse late yesterday and today.....very long story....my husband put a stop pay and we have never, ever done that......they will be back tomorrow..... I need to buy stock in whoever makes Tylenol!

I am beginning to think a hut in Tahiti might be a good thing......all I would need is a huge can of Raid and a case of super-duper-strong sun lotion...... I guess I'd have to learn to like fish, too.... Maybe I'd buy a snorkel mask and learn to dive for pearls.......but with my current luck, a shark would eat me......

Old 05-06-2010, 10:20 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Well, it turns out they are NOT done........it went from bad to worse late yesterday and today.....very long story....my husband put a stop pay and we have never, ever done that......they will be back tomorrow..... I need to buy stock in whoever makes Tylenol!

I am beginning to think a hut in Tahiti might be a good thing......all I would need is a huge can of Raid and a case of super-duper-strong sun lotion...... I guess I'd have to learn to like fish, too.... Maybe I'd buy a snorkel mask and learn to dive for pearls.......but with my current luck, a shark would eat me......
Darn. I was SO hoping they were done and had done a good job. I'd probably be ODing on Valium right about now. Why is it that it always takes so much longer than what they tell us it will cost?

I used a contractor one time to update my hall bath and the guy left the comode sitting in the hall and I never saw him again. Luckily, I paid as various things were completed. But he pulled up the toilet, put it in the hall and then said he was going to go get the floor tile.

The next thing I heard was that he got drunk and was arrested for a DUI (not his first)....that was after I tracked down his girlfriend who did not tell me that he was in jail but sent me a letter he faxed to her and the top line gave it away. It had been faxed to her from the Lew Sterrett Building in Dallas....that's the jail. Never heard from him again and I'm thankful I have not. Gosh, that was 4 years ago. I found someone else who completed the job.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:47 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
I have come to the conclusion that MOST folks, from the CEO to the janitor, have any idea what personal pride in your job means. People are lazy and just don't care. I have lots of faults....but luckily, this doesn't happen to be one of them.

I'm still doing a head scratch as to why Wurzig and Elke aren't getting their freebies.

Some freebies don't come because they run out of stock or any other number of reasons, but to rarely get anything is just odd! I usually get over half of what I order. It may take awhile....but I eventually DO get stuff.

I finally ran out of the Prevacid (remember the great $10 off coupon?) and bought some Pepcid instead because they were on sale. WOW....those are working great! It is so nice when my chest doesn't hurt. Now, if only I could get rid of all the things in my life that drive me nuts....I would be home free!

Here's to a great mailbox day............

Old 05-07-2010, 05:13 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,319,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Did you tell me: Love YOU

(I'm glad that somebody does......)
Can't rep you-of course I love you!

Old 05-07-2010, 05:59 PM

I did the Ellen DeGeneres thingie today and it thanked me, but I still haven't received an email so that I can complete the freebie sign up......

Well, the guys have been here twice today, will be here tomorrow (supposedly twice....I told him/boss that we have HOA rules and that workers can't be here after 1:00 on Saturday so that he will have to leave his trailer at home and just come in a regular vehicle)...and expect to have it done (again) on Tuesday........I hope it is done aok this time.....<sigh> I'm not even going to tell you what all this cost......you'd all end up in the ER for sure! My husband and I are almost there ourselves!

Old 05-07-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Darn. I was SO hoping they were done and had done a good job. I'd probably be ODing on Valium right about now. Why is it that it always takes so much longer than what they tell us it will cost?

I used a contractor one time to update my hall bath and the guy left the comode sitting in the hall and I never saw him again. Luckily, I paid as various things were completed. But he pulled up the toilet, put it in the hall and then said he was going to go get the floor tile.

The next thing I heard was that he got drunk and was arrested for a DUI (not his first)....that was after I tracked down his girlfriend who did not tell me that he was in jail but sent me a letter he faxed to her and the top line gave it away. It had been faxed to her from the Lew Sterrett Building in Dallas....that's the jail. Never heard from him again and I'm thankful I have not. Gosh, that was 4 years ago. I found someone else who completed the job.
Why does this story not surprise me? Gosh, he probably went out for one of those wax rings and went to a bar instead.......

Old 05-07-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
Can't rep you-of course I love you!
I've met such sweet friends on here!

Old 05-07-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I have come to the conclusion that MOST folks, from the CEO to the janitor, have any idea what personal pride in your job means. People are lazy and just don't care. I have lots of faults....but luckily, this doesn't happen to be one of them.

I'm still doing a head scratch as to why Wurzig and Elke aren't getting their freebies.

Some freebies don't come because they run out of stock or any other number of reasons, but to rarely get anything is just odd! I usually get over half of what I order. It may take awhile....but I eventually DO get stuff.

I finally ran out of the Prevacid (remember the great $10 off coupon?) and bought some Pepcid instead because they were on sale. WOW....those are working great! It is so nice when my chest doesn't hurt. Now, if only I could get rid of all the things in my life that drive me nuts....I would be home free!

Here's to a great mailbox day............
Hiatal (probably didn't spell that correctly) hernia or acid stomach?

Old 05-08-2010, 07:46 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,432,086 times
Hey - whatever happened to Suncoast Guy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff