Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2011, 10:02 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Ohio, what will power you have!!! I always say "ok, who loved me today" and tear into the box right away.
I forgot to get the mail last night (rough day, plus I was canning green tomato salsa!), and was late for work this morning. It's not like the box is going anywhere -- no one's home today -- unless the cats can open it somehow.

Hmmm, I wonder if it's cat food ...

Old 10-05-2011, 11:50 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
It's not like the box is going anywhere -- no one's home today -- unless the cats can open it somehow.
That reminds me of the year my daughter was in Desert Storm (1990, I think). She loves Oreo cookies and I had bought her six large packages of the double-stuffed ones...60 cookies per package, 360 cookies total.

I had boxed them up and left the box on the table when I went to work the next day, intending to take the box to the post office on the following Saturday.

Imagine my surprise when I came home from work and found little pieces of cellophane on the living room floor. I had no idea what it could be -- until I walked into then kitchen and saw the box torn open and all the cookies gone.

I called my doberman AJAX, who came out of the bedroom very slowly and awkwardly. He had eaten all 360 cookies and then drank every bit of water from the large bucket that I kept out for him. His abdomen was so swollen I could have thumped him like a pumpkin.

I called the vet but Oreos (even that many) arent that dangerous for a large dog -- and the time for doing anything medically had passed anyway. He was pretty miserable for a few days, though, and you can imagine what cleaning up my yard was like during that time.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:49 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
Quote:
That reminds me of the year my daughter was in Desert Storm (1990, I think). She loves Oreo cookies and I had bought her six large packages of the double-stuffed ones...60 cookies per package, 360 cookies total.

I had boxed them up and left the box on the table when I went to work the next day, intending to take the box to the post office on the following Saturday.

Imagine my surprise when I came home from work and found little pieces of cellophane on the living room floor. I had no idea what it could be -- until I walked into then kitchen and saw the box torn open and all the cookies gone.

I called my doberman AJAX, who came out of the bedroom very slowly and awkwardly. He had eaten all 360 cookies and then drank every bit of water from the large bucket that I kept out for him. His abdomen was so swollen I could have thumped him like a pumpkin.

I called the vet but Oreos (even that many) arent that dangerous for a large dog -- and the time for doing anything medically had passed anyway. He was pretty miserable for a few days, though, and you can imagine what cleaning up my yard was like during that time.
Wow! Amazing they can smell thru packaging. Dogs are smart.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:50 PM

I got the Swifter starter kit!

I love stuff I can use!!!!!!

Old 10-05-2011, 01:57 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Wow! Amazing they can smell thru packaging. Dogs are smart.
Some dogs arent so smart but they all have tremendous noses!

Quote:
I got the Swifter starter kit!
I love stuff I can use!!!!!!
YAY for you, dear Camper!!

Old 10-05-2011, 02:01 PM

I actually got a bunch of these on clearance a few years back for like $.25. They're good for tight spots but kinda prices for me.

I saw a hint the other day about using a blow dryer as a duster for places you cant reach.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:10 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
I got the Swiffer duster, too. Have not used it yet....yawn....lol.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I got the Swiffer duster, too. Have not used it yet....yawn....lol.
This time of year I have my windows open as often as possible. I may not use mine until late winter...

Old 10-05-2011, 06:24 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Yesterday's box that I didn't open was the Green Mountain coffee.

And today I got the Invisible Glass wipes. Those already are earmarked for the front storm door.

Quote:
He was pretty miserable for a few days, though, and you can imagine what cleaning up my yard was like during that time.
Yipe!!!

Old 10-06-2011, 06:01 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
Quote:
I actually got a bunch of these on clearance a few years back for like $.25. They're good for tight spots but kinda prices for me.

I saw a hint the other day about using a blow dryer as a duster for places you cant reach.
We have so much humidity, our dust sticks up in hard to reach areas. I'm not sure a blow dryer would loosen it properly. But you know,
I wonder how that would work at the back of cabinets or drawers?

Glad you got the Swiffer Duster. I got one from Vocal Point when they first came out. I really liked it for blinds and ceiling fans. Just make sure to fluff out the little dust feelers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff