Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 02:06 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,434 times

Advertisements

I read her blog and that sounds really positive Texasfirewheel! I'm excited to give it a try. The other good thing I noticed from the people who commented is that it is available in Duane Reade. They are all over where I live, so if it DOES work, I will get out there and stock up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 02:34 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
What I like about her blog, cokatie, is that it's not a commercial or anonymous endorsement. She tells you that she doesnt like the taste of the lemon water but does like the snoozeberry. She also mentioned the morning headache and wondered if it were due to her husband's turning up the heat or the DreamWater. If my sample arrives, I'll let everyone know about those things!

Old 02-06-2010, 06:22 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Oh brother, Jess! I wonder if it would be cheaper than $2.49 in a store? If anybody ever sees any, let us know.

It has melatonin in it.......doesn't warming milk have the same effect? (Something has melatonin in it.....somebody help me out if you know).....
No, I bet it wouldn't be cheaper than $2.49? I can't wait until some people on here try it, and give their opinion. The blog did sound promising. I could eliminate at least 4 pills a night if that stuff worked.

Wurzig, I've taken melatonin, and it didn't work. I drink hot chocolate with my night meds, always hoping it will help. It was funny, in that blog, she said her husband turns up the heat at night, we turn ours down at night. I understand the "heat headache" she's taking about. When you turn the heat up, it dries you out, and causes nasal congestion, which causes headaches. She needs a humidifier.

I thought this was cute:

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=3]An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard.
I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of.

He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head;
he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the
hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep.

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[CENTER][CENTER][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/CENTER][/CENTER]
[SIZE=3]An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.[/SIZE][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]
The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour.
[SIZE=2]
This continued off and on for several weeks.

Curious I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is
and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar:
'He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3 - he's trying to catch up on his sleep.
Can I come with him tomorrow?'
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Last edited by Jess5; 02-06-2010 at 06:43 PM..

Old 02-06-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Wurzig, if I knew the answer to that question, I would have a BUCKET of it before bed! I just googled and did not come back with anything to helpful.
Jess, if this really works, I will come back here and post. But if 2 ambien can't do it, who knows?
Ambien didn't help me either. My husband snores so badly, I'm surprised the neighbors aren't complaining, so , that doesn't help. I do listen to a sound machine, very loudly, right next to my ears.

ETA: Sometimes I do this: I will have been up all day, stay up all the next night, all day again,thinking I'll exhaust myself and sleep good, but when nighttime falls, I just become wide awake. I don't know why I still do it sometimes! Its so frustrating. I won't go to a sleep study, because I think that would be a total waste of time. I can't sleep in my comfy bed, I really couldn't sleep with a hundred tubes attached to me. I move around way too much.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:32 PM

Jess, I do EXACTLY the same thing. I am so tired, I am convinced I am going to go to sleep, then it is midnight, 1 am, 2 am and I try a couple of Ambien and then round about 5 am I think, OK now I can sleep. I get about 2 hours and figure, like you, oh well, I will go to bed REALLY early tonight because I will be so tired, and yet around 9 pm - PING - wide awake. Oh well, at least I get to surf the web and find great sites like this one, and I get to read plenty of books! I'm too embarrassed to put on the TV in case the neighbors hear it and think "What is with that nut job up at all hours??".

Old 02-06-2010, 08:24 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Drink 4 to 8 ounces of water 30 minutes before going to bed??

Su-ure ... :-)
I was thinking the same thing, Gandalara.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Jess, I do EXACTLY the same thing. I am so tired, I am convinced I am going to go to sleep, then it is midnight, 1 am, 2 am and I try a couple of Ambien and then round about 5 am I think, OK now I can sleep. I get about 2 hours and figure, like you, oh well, I will go to bed REALLY early tonight because I will be so tired, and yet around 9 pm - PING - wide awake. Oh well, at least I get to surf the web and find great sites like this one, and I get to read plenty of books! I'm too embarrassed to put on the TV in case the neighbors hear it and think "What is with that nut job up at all hours??".
I was so happy when Wal Mart opened its 24 hour super center here. There were some places open 24/7, but Wal Mart was much bigger. Now there are many 24/7 places around. I am an avid reader also. I'm waiting for a bookstore open all night.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:41 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,433,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I'm waiting for a bookstore open all night.
It's called Amazon.com

Old 02-07-2010, 11:29 AM

True Gandalara, I love searchng for books on Amazon and reading the customer reviews, but there is nothing quite like wandering into a book store and picking up books, getting a comfy chair and maybe reading a few pages. How perfect that would be, Jess, to do that around midnight long after the normal crowds have gone! I don't think that will be happening anytime soon, however. The B&N near me is now shutting. I think book sellers are having a hard time competing with on-line sites such as Amazon.
Oh well, I always have my 24 hour CVS! Me and the night staff now know each other! I can wander the aisles there late at night picking over make-up, "as seen on TV" items (some of those are a riot!) and even go over to the book/magazine aisle and pass an hour or so!
Signed-
Sleepless in CVS

Old 02-07-2010, 11:52 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,528,703 times
Quote:
Wurzig, if I knew the answer to that question, I would have a BUCKET of it before bed! I just googled and did not come back with anything to helpful.
Jess, if this really works, I will come back here and post. But if 2 ambien can't do it, who knows?
I hope you receive it and if you do, let us know.....

In her blog, I also see that it has trytophan, (I think I left out a letter, but it's that stuff that's in turkey and that is why everybody falls asleep after they eat Thanksgiving dinner).....

Hope they don't send you lemon.....she liked the other one mo betta. She woke up with slight headaches....I do too when I take 'Just Sleep' from Tylenol....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff