Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 06:24 PM

80 posts, read 196,982 times

Advertisements

Perhaps not the correct forum--but here it goes.

My daughter has decided that she wants to go to DSU-possibly on a track scholarship. She has just begun her research. Can anyone on here give me any ups and or downs on this school?

I can't seem to find much info on the net other than the school's website.

We will, of course, schedule a visit here real soon.

Thanks in advance. Other than it being in Dover-I know nothing else about the school.

Again, thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 09:10 PM

445 posts, read 1,437,862 times
I have basic relationship with DSU and can offer a couple of general observations.

1) The kids from the cities/metro areas (which seems to be Philly or NNJ) have a tougher adjustment. At 3k+ students and Dover being small at 35k it's tougher on the urban kids to adjust.

2) There is no campus downtown and nightlife is limited. The mall across the street and the area fast food places make day-life easy for students but night time fun is largely self-invented at the dorms I think. There is bus service but were I a student there I'd want a car ASAP.

3) The students I come in contact with are good kids. They seem to be kids with goals/purpose too and I doubt they have many drop outs. The staff is good also.

Hope that helps and good luck with your research.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:22 AM

9,741 posts, read 14,300,385 times
DSU is a great school, which has come a long way! I went to school there, and later worked on campus a number of years. One federal program we worked on was Project FAR, Freshman Attrition Reduction - such an interesting experience. Here's a link which tells the history of Del State, along with accreditation details and programs. And, they offer excellent job placement opportunities. Possible new stadium is current controversy.

Delaware State University History
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware