Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 11:26 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,184,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
What's the best beach state park in Delaware?
Cape Henlopen has a lot to offer as a park in addittion to the beach. It would be my first choice. However if I were in the southern area of Rehoboth or Dewey I would head for Towers Road rather than fight all the traffic back and forth on RT1 Towers Road is a nice beach but doesn't have all the addittional thtings Cape Henlopen has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 05:57 PM

9,717 posts, read 14,252,784 times
Default Gardens, Gardens, Gardens May 5th

As for me, I can't wait until this garden tour, which is during Dover Days and includes some very beautiful gardens, I'm told. I haven't been to any of these, and am really looking forward to the Tea for Two Garden, as well as the others. This committee has been working hard and the gardeners can't wait for warm weather to weed, rake, plant and show off their gorgeous gardens. What better way to welcome Spring!
Tickets on Sale for Dover Days Historic Garden Tour – May 5, 2013 | Delmarva Town Crier

Old 04-02-2013, 04:16 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,909,619 times
We attended the Delaware Music Festival at the Rusty Rudder on March 30. This is always a fun time, and all the bands playing are from Delaware. It's also a great way to begin my spring break

Old 04-02-2013, 06:48 PM

Default The Wagon Wheel, Restaurant: Impossible

We didn't make it down to the Rudder, Liz. So much to do!

We've been keeping a watch on "Restaurant: Impossible" a reality t.v. show. They are "making over" The Wagon Wheel Restaurant in Smyrna. Date for airing on t.v. is not known yet. We've been told it's very sad. There were so many photos, wall decorations, and awards on those walls and now they will be all gone. The setting was just right for muskrat eating, during the winter months. Don't know if we'll recognize the place when they finish with it.
Smyrna's Wagon Wheel restaurant to be featured on 'Restaurant: Impossible' - News - Smyrna/Clayton Sun-Times

Old 04-03-2013, 05:51 AM

Default Sambo's Celebrates 60th Year

In 1953, Sambo's opened their doors in Leipsic, along the Leipsic River. The place hasn't changed much, still newspapers on the tables where we clean and devour hot crabs, and still a place the locals and watermen hang out. Sambo's has made the news in Philadelphia and NY because of just that. It defies change. Newcomers are familiar with the Countrie Eatery, Where Pigs Fly, and other obvious eating establishments along the Rt. 13 strip. They are all hum-drum in my opinion. Thank goodness for Sambo's, a place to relax, gaze out onto the river, pick some crabs, and make small talk. They are open now, after being closed for the winter. Happy 60th Birthday, Sambo's!

Old 04-14-2013, 10:35 AM

Default Cantwell Tavern - Odessa

What a fantastic place! We went over the weekend to this old brick inn and the food and atmosphere were fantastic! It's On East Main Street, in the Town of Odessa. How we could have gone this long without dining here is beyond me! Here's a link that works sometimes, but sometimes not. If you're interested and have problems just google Cantwell Tavern Odessa.
Cantwell's Tavern - Photo Gallery

Here's another link telling about Cantwell's Tavern History
http://www.cantwells-tavern.com/orde...2/Summary.aspx

Old 04-15-2013, 08:55 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,909,619 times
That looks like a wonderful place to dine--now I wanna go!

Old 04-24-2013, 11:40 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,184,653 times
This Saturday (Sept 27,20130) Battery 519 at Cape Henlopen State Park will be alive with re-enactors. There will be displays of historic vehicles, artillery firing and operation of the WW2 search light. There will also be a re-enactment of the 1945 surrender of a German sub at Fort Miles. This will run from 10 am to 4 pm. There will be a $3 admission in addition to the park entrance fee.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:51 PM

Default April 27 - Milford

Milford Bug & Bud Festival, downtown Milford - Free

Really nice event, and weather will be great this weekend. Lots of things to do and a beautiful setting along the Mispillion River. This link has a handy map showing the layout of the festival. Milford is in Kent and Sussex Counties, and the Mispillion River divides the two. Great place to spend the day!

2013 Bug & Bud Festival « Downtown Milford

This link shows the lineup of entertainment:

https://milfordlive.com/2013/04/21/1...-next-weekend/

Old 04-29-2013, 06:28 AM

Default Dover Days - Our 80th Celebration!

From the Milford Bug & Bud Festival last weekend, to the Dover Days Celebration this coming weekend -
There's almost more happiness here in mid-state Delaware than we can handle! (As if this past weekend wasn't enough in Milford!)

Dover Days includes garden tours, colonial dancing, vendors, demonstrations and lots of history, around The Green and historic buildings! Parking is free and plentiful. If you download the Events Map in this link, that will give you a better idea of what's going on and where to park. Lots of homes in Dover and bordering small towns were busy sprucing up their homes and flower beds this past weekend (temperatures made for gardening) in anticipation of Dover Days. If you've never been, you're in for a treat! We're hoping the tulip beds in the City of Dover stay bright and cheerful for this weekend Click all the links and plan for a great time. Kickoff is Friday night, May 3rd.

Dover Days Festival |
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware