Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 03:10 PM

2 posts, read 3,289 times

Advertisements

I have been reading this blg for a while now and have not seen any complaints about how any of these conds or free standing home are built. are there any problems with any home at CC,Noble Pond ,Spring Harbor or any of the 55 and over commuities, such as window leak roof leaks, poor sheetrock work or anything builder related, and how well did the builders take care of it? I just bought a condo in L.I. New York, and we have a lot of problems here, water leaks in windows, roofs,sheetrock tape peeling , cheap paint. Thanks for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 03:38 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,133,584 times
I'm in an older condo in Connecticut, built in 1985. We do have some water leak window problems but not many. I have been here 10 years and know of only 2 cases. However the windows installed are horrible as far as insulating and noise reduction. Hopefully I am relocating to Delaware shortly so I would be interested in any responses you receive. The up side for your next purchase to check on the windows and how well they are installed is to go on a breezy day with a cigarette and a way of lighting it. Close all the windows and hold the cigarette in front of the windows. If the windows leak the smoke will blow around if they are sealed well the smoke should linger around the cigarette or go up. The $10.00 or so that it cost to buy a pack is well worth making sure the windows dont leak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware