Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 05:33 PM

43 posts, read 53,624 times

Advertisements

Well, if we don't end up with a bookstore...at least we can clog our arteries with some good comfort food at Cracker Barrel!

Hopefully if enough people ask the bookstores, they will look into it and realize that there is a lot of growth here.

LA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 06:40 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
My neighbor told me this morning they heard Cracker Barrel is coming to the Camden end of Dover... maybe in this strip? Didn't look like any unit was big enough, but what do I know? That would be nice too!

Mary
Yeah, Cracker Barrels are ususaly like an old fashion general store with a porch.
I didnt' see anything that looked like it may be.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:59 AM

Wink ideal world

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Lash.......Sent my emails yesterday. Will follow up with a phone call later.

That is the only thing about cracker barrel.........Clogging arteries

Is good though and is okay once in a while.
In a dream world, they would combine the two stores and have "Cracker Barrel and Noble" where you could read and clog your arteries all at the same time. "I'd like the meatloaf with a side order of John Grisham" (well the meatloaf is heavy, but Grisham is pretty lite!)

LA

Old 10-09-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash5107 View Post
In a dream world, they would combine the two stores and have "Cracker Barrel and Noble" where you could read and clog your arteries all at the same time. "I'd like the meatloaf with a side order of John Grisham" (well the meatloaf is heavy, but Grisham is pretty lite!)

LA

Very clever

Old 10-09-2007, 10:27 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
A nice meal at Cracker Barrel .... $10

A good book from Barnes and Noble .... $20

"I'd like the meatloaf with a side order of John Grisham" .... PRICELESS!!

Charley

Old 10-09-2007, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
A nice meal at Cracker Barrel .... $10

A good book from Barnes and Noble .... $20

"I'd like the meatloaf with a side order of John Grisham" .... PRICELESS!!

Charley

LOL................Your darn tooting Charlie

Old 10-09-2007, 01:21 PM

903 posts, read 3,504,761 times
Darn this internet! I am STILL trying to get my hard drive cleaned... when I get a chance to get on the computer, I spend more time running scans than anything else.

Don't know if anyone has ever heard of a book store chain called Books-a-Million, but I found they tend to be cheaper than B&N or Borders. They run really good specials, and as I recall they are always off the list price on new books. Don't know where all they are, but we had them in NC. I know they were at least in SC as well; I'll have to check the website.

What I like about Cracker Barrel is getting "meat & 2 veggies" (not to mention the fresh breads, ummmm!). My kids are terrible about NOT eating the "traditional" meals, so I don't cook them unless hubby is in or we have company. Not to mention the country store... although we can get most of that at Byler's. Now if Byler's had a restaurant, forget Cracker Barrel! Just my opinion, mind you!

LASH... you're too much! That was pretty funny!

Mary

Old 10-09-2007, 01:24 PM

Exclamation the cleverest (if that's a word)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
LOL................Your darn tooting Charlie
Charley- I thought I was being clever, but you win!!!! -LA

Old 10-09-2007, 01:33 PM

903 posts, read 3,504,761 times
LASH,

I re-thunk (get THAT word!) my plan on applying for a job at Sears... Dollar Tree will be even closer! Wow, and think of the employee discounts on $1 items!!!!! Gotta check their website... when I quit jamming!

Mary

Old 10-09-2007, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
LASH,

I re-thunk (get THAT word!) my plan on applying for a job at Sears... Dollar Tree will be even closer! Wow, and think of the employee discounts on $1 items!!!!! Gotta check their website... when I quit jamming!

Mary
Yeah, there will be a lot of opportunities with them opening up the new stores down in Camden. (I just wish one was a bookstore!) And no commute to Sears for you! Although, an employee discount at Sears would be nice.
LA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware