Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2007, 02:30 PM

7 posts, read 33,218 times

Advertisements

Just got back from a 3 day house / area hunt trip. We concentrated on New Castle County due to the need to be close to I-95 for commute purposes. Found a great house / area in Rose Hill at Lexington Farms in Bear. Seems to be the perfect area: close to shopping, Appoquinimik Schools, no more construction in the community, quiet, woods. Any one have any other info about Rose Hill before we consider making an offer? Thanks for any advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 05:46 AM

342 posts, read 1,793,554 times
I am sorry I can't be more help. I am unfamiliar with that development. But, go with your gut. If the neighborhood had a great "feeling" to you, it probably is just fine. Actually going and seeing neighborhoods for yourself is definitely the best way. Seeing pictures on the internet can be misleading in both directions. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of Bear and Lexington Farms can chime in.
Heather

Old 10-11-2007, 07:03 AM

127 posts, read 490,137 times
This in general is a really nice area. Lums Pond is close, right up rt 896 is Peoples Plaza with shopping, a large movie theater, and medical offices. It's also a quick drive to the Chesapeake Bay.

The only downside I can even think of is that stretch of rt 896, it's known for accidents. It's a major travel route, multi-lane, and busy with trucks. Since DelDot repaired it to make it 'safer'... it has become even more high-speed and the accidents that occur are bad ones, especially in icy weather. My son (19) travels this road daily to work & back, so I co-signed for a full size truck. He tells me I'm a worry-wart! But it is an ongoing issue with DelDot, so hopefully improvements will be made. Just wanted to tell you about it... myself, that wouldn't deter me from living in the area.

A few neighborhoods up rt 896, I think it was in the vicinity of Melody Meadows, they are building a retirement community. Over the winter there was a dispute that this caused some nearby flooding. I can't recall any other flooding in that area... but the county website may be able to provide more info on that.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:48 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,347,049 times
This is a great neighborhood, and Olive B. Loss Elementary School is very close. It has an excellent reputation. Very few homes go up for sale in that area, so many of the residents have been there from the beginning. We have friends who live in that area who moved from Philly and they won't live anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware