Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2013, 06:57 PM

2 posts, read 6,064 times

Advertisements

I have been doing some research and was just wondering how many people would like to have a Indoor Flea Market in Dover like the one in New Castle? If I knew there was enough people and vendors who would be interested in seeing this happen I will persue it more. Lets here what you all think.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 07:11 PM

9,679 posts, read 14,149,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSHope View Post
I have been doing some research and was just wondering how many people would like to have a Indoor Flea Market in Dover like the one in New Castle? If I knew there was enough people and vendors who would be interested in seeing this happen I will persue it more. Lets here what you all think.
We already have one, and it's much better than New Castle's. It's been here 75 years and is a mainstay of Dover. It's a flea market, auction, Amish food outlet, venue for meeting and greeting, and much more.
Spence's Bazaar & Flea Market in Dover, Delaware 19904 - Newszap - Delmarva Yellow Pages

Old 01-13-2013, 09:18 PM

2 posts, read 6,064 times
I know there is one here in Dover but it is small and they have no indoor space available. Just didnt know if maybe there is more vendors who would want a indoor space to do there business in year round.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:57 AM

Spence's Bazaar has two buildings, with indoor space. The Friday night auctions are a big draw. Most of us prefer the outdoor tables 8-9 months out of the year. There's a lot more business activity outside because of the nature of the area. People roam around outside, browse, eat, and buy. It's more than a flea market - it's a gathering place for farmers, including the Amish, and friends. And, there's a place outside for the Amish to hitch their horses. I've rented tables there often. Just my 2 cents, but I wouldn't want to throw some money into an indoor flea market venture in Dover and try and compete with them. There was an indoor flea market in the old Nichols Building in Dover many years ago. It couldn't compete. Eventually, it was torn down and the Home Depot was built.

In Laurel, there's Bargain Bill's, most recently known as Laurel Junction. They have the flea market business cornered down there. It's about a 40 minute drive from Dover.
Bargain Bill's Market Place - Home

Old 01-19-2013, 05:08 AM

405 posts, read 671,088 times
There is another flea market a few miles south of Laurel Junction on the north-bound lane of rt 13. I think it's got mostly junk and fake designer stuff, etc.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:30 AM

My favorite flea market is about a mile south of Greenwood on Rt. 13, in the north bound lane. It's only open weekends. They don't rent tables though, and a lady has operated that for over 20 years. She buys very unique items at auctions and re-sells them there. I love that place; it's packed with treasures. In Canterbury, there's another unique place, but more of a what-not-antique store, along Rt. 13.

Delaware has a few indoor-outdoor flea markets, all close together because of being such a small state. I think the indoor flea markets have been slowly fading away since garage/yard sales came about.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:13 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,148,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
There is another flea market a few miles south of Laurel Junction on the north-bound lane of rt 13. I think it's got mostly junk and fake designer stuff, etc.
That is the Route 13 Outlet Market. It's behind Johnny Janosicks.(sp)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware