Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 04:31 PM

48 posts, read 77,250 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone!!! We (me & my sisters) are excited to be headed back to the area for the weekend to check out homes (Lewes, Millsboro, Ocean View), this time with our girls (ages 10yo and 4yo). I'm learning that rentals go QUICKLY, especially single homes!!! We've expanded our search to include townhomes/condos. There are 2 properties (different realtors) on Taramino Place in Lewes. When I did a Google search of the address, there were a LOT of vacation rentals. In Millsboro we're checking out a place in Peninsula. I'm still waiting for the realtor to get back to me on the Ocean View property. I understand these are vacation towns, but at the Taramino location there were about FIVE along the same row.

We are looking for something family friendly where the girls can make friends, and I do not really want to deal with people moving in and out every week...if it were one property I wouldn't have an issue, but five is excessive.

Are there any specific communities anyone can recommend? We will only be looking at 2 or 3 properties on this trip (the realtors are WAY different than I'm used to here...one guy wanted me to fill out a rental app before I even see the property...NOT!!!)

Also, what kid friendly things could we do this weekend in the COLD!

Thanks in advance...you all have been so helpful thus far!

Dee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 08:30 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,185,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLaVidaLoca View Post
Hey everyone!!! We (me & my sisters) are excited to be headed back to the area for the weekend to check out homes (Lewes, Millsboro, Ocean View), this time with our girls (ages 10yo and 4yo). I'm learning that rentals go QUICKLY, especially single homes!!! We've expanded our search to include townhomes/condos. There are 2 properties (different realtors) on Taramino Place in Lewes. When I did a Google search of the address, there were a LOT of vacation rentals. In Millsboro we're checking out a place in Peninsula. I'm still waiting for the realtor to get back to me on the Ocean View property. I understand these are vacation towns, but at the Taramino location there were about FIVE along the same row.

We are looking for something family friendly where the girls can make friends, and I do not really want to deal with people moving in and out every week...if it were one property I wouldn't have an issue, but five is excessive.

Are there any specific communities anyone can recommend? We will only be looking at 2 or 3 properties on this trip (the realtors are WAY different than I'm used to here...one guy wanted me to fill out a rental app before I even see the property...NOT!!!)

Also, what kid friendly things could we do this weekend in the COLD!

Thanks in advance...you all have been so helpful thus far!

Dee
The Peninsula is a very upscale bay front community. That would be Long Neck Elementary School. You would also have the option for the School of Performing Arts. 3 supermarkets quite close.Have you read the thread on the Peninsula?

Old 03-22-2013, 07:39 PM

Default Hey Longnecker!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
The Peninsula is a very upscale bay front community. That would be Long Neck Elementary School. You would also have the option for the School of Performing Arts. 3 supermarkets quite close.Have you read the thread on the Peninsula?
Thanks for the info!!! As usual, you're very helpful! We've been here since 2pm and are just getting back to our room and headed to the hotel pool before it closes. I will definitely check out the Peninsula thread!!! It looks like a nice place, the drawback for me is that I would have people living either over or under me...close to being a deal breaker but I'm still going to check it out!!!

We saw a BEAUTIFUL home in Rehoboth today and I'm in LOVE!!! He already has a few apps so we will see...I'm SO ready to pack up and move...I'm over Philly and in need of a new start ASAP! We've met great people and made some key connections today without even trying...everyone has been super kind and friendly thus far. I'm sold!!!

Anywho...thanks again, especially for the school info...I'll certainly do my due diligence...right after the pool!

Dee

Old 03-22-2013, 07:43 PM

I forgot to mention...both girls LOVE it here!!!

Old 03-23-2013, 04:49 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLaVidaLoca View Post
I will definitely check out the Peninsula thread!!! It looks like a nice place, the drawback for me is that I would have people living either over or under me...close to being a deal breaker but I'm still going to check it out!!! De

That's not The Peninsula I know ...... beautiful single family detached homes .....

Old 03-23-2013, 07:53 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,345,505 times
Sorry to ask but what is the Peninsula? Is it an area or a housing community? I will check out the Peninsula thread as well.

Last edited by brava4; 03-23-2013 at 08:05 AM..

Old 03-23-2013, 08:05 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Google - The Peninsula Millsboro. Don't know if I'm allowed to post that link.

It's on the Indian River Bay - Impressive

Old 03-23-2013, 08:57 AM

Default Hey Rdlr!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post

That's not The Peninsula I know ...... beautiful single family detached homes .....
We're looking at a property in the condo section...it's a bottom floor villa offered for rent by Sotheby's. Apparently there are both single family homes and condos in the Penninsula. The villa is GORGEOUS...but again, I'm not sold on the "levels"....it would be great if we could find a single home, but it would probably be out of our price point...the villa is $1,800...I don't even want to think what the single family would cost monthly! Yikes!

Thanks for chiming in and please let me know if you can think of anything. Not being from the area, everyone's input has been super helpful!

Have a great day!

Dee

Old 03-23-2013, 09:02 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,345,505 times
Thanks rdlr! Will do.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Sorry to ask but what is the Peninsula? Is it an area or a housing community? I will check out the Peninsula thread as well.
Brava4, the Penninsula was every bit as upscale and impressive and Rdlr and Longnecker mentioned...simply BEAUTIFUL!!! We opted not to go with the property for several reasons...the cons outweighed the pros for our personal liking. Had the condos we viewed been separate townhomes, it would have been high on our list! I have a 4yo and I don't want anyone complaining that she runs too much or is too loud...and as for the bottom level one we saw...the same issue in reverse...I don't want people walking over my head. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware