Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 06:12 PM

77 posts, read 376,264 times

Advertisements

I am planning to begin looking for a house in Delaware. One of my requirements
are city utilities and natural gas for heating and cooking (not propane). Are there any towns in the Lewes area that meet these requirements? Based on a few listings that I have seen the water and sewers are easy to find, however, the natural gas appears to be difficult to find. Thank you in advance.

Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 06:40 PM

9,723 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbcbill View Post
are city utilities and natural gas for heating and cooking (not propane). Are there any towns in the Lewes area that meet these requirements? Based on a few listings that I have seen the water and sewers are easy to find, however, the natural gas appears to be difficult to find. Thank you in advance.

Bill
Here's a link for Chesapeake Utilities, our natural gas distributor. If you click the City of Lewes link, and scroll down, it will bring up a map showing which towns are serviced by public gas and which are not.

Community Programs | Chesapeake Utilities

Old 04-14-2013, 06:13 AM

17 posts, read 66,404 times
There is a new community called senators by schell brothers that has natural gas.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:16 AM

20 posts, read 28,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbcbill View Post

Bill

Hi Bill,

What was your experience like house hunting in Delaware? I may be doing the same and also have the same utility requirements. Thanks!

Old 06-25-2013, 06:20 AM

20 posts, read 28,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven1957 View Post
There is a new community called senators by schell brothers that has natural gas.

Hi Steven, I'm exploring a move to DE and also trying to avoid congested roads and high crime areas. Do you have any fav "quaint" towns? Thanks.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:08 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,978,728 times
Why don't you start an entirely new thread to present your questions? It would also help people respond to you if you can disclose something about your price range for real estate purchase or rental. You started off giving the impression you were specifically interested in Kent County. Then you asked about Hockessin in far northern New Castle County. Then on this thread you are asking about quaint towns in general. The only consistency that I detect is that you seem very worried about crime (most of DE is quite safe) and congestion (a rather subjective judgement). Look, if you are coming from Harris Co, TX or the outlying sprawl, be assured: DE has no comparable congestion. Houston Tx has a bigger population than the whole State of Drlaware.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware