Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 07:35 PM

2 posts, read 4,244 times

Advertisements

I have been looking at this development online after coming across it online.The neighborhood looks nice and family oriented. .Of course I would need to see it in person..I'm eyeing their townhomes. .Does anyone live in their townhomes and are they built nice??...are their good incentives? ? Also I noticed in pictures that there are recessed lighting in all the rooms whichlooks over bearing Can you opt to not have those or are their any homes without that in all roooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 07:10 PM

48 posts, read 101,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright79 View Post
I have been looking at this development online after coming across it online.The neighborhood looks nice and family oriented. .Of course I would need to see it in person..I'm eyeing their townhomes. .Does anyone live in their townhomes and are they built nice??...are their good incentives? ? Also I noticed in pictures that there are recessed lighting in all the rooms whichlooks over bearing Can you opt to not have those or are their any homes without that in all roooms.
I believe you can decide on that since you' ll be probably paying for it

Old 06-12-2014, 08:52 PM

2 posts, read 4,244 times
I guess that is correct😊

Old 03-12-2016, 06:27 PM

15 posts, read 27,501 times
Can I bump this thread? We are interested in Bayberry South. We drive by once or twice a year on our way to the beach - doesn't seem to be much activity?

Old 03-28-2016, 05:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,294 times
I have a home in Bayberry North since August 2015. I can answer a few of the questions on this thread:
Construction issues: One is the obvious the neighborhood is constantly under construction as it is huge and wont be finished for some time. That is just the nature of the beast. This community is a great idea and when it is complete it would be well worth the growing pains. It really is not that bad when you live here. They run the street sweeper almost daily to get rid of any possible nails and that is the only thing I would be concerned with. Have not had an issue yet. The construction issues on the home are okay. Our home, although I feel was built pretty well, has had some very minor issues that are consistent with new homes... nail pops, small cracks, molding separating... that comes with a new home while it sets in the first year. All that stuff will be fixed during the 1 year walk through. I would grade the job the builder did on the new home with a A- or B+... Ill conclude with this: Delaware continues to get more people, they all cant fit in Newark/Bear.. so Middletown, Odessa, and Smyrna are seeing a huge bump in population. With that, road expansion plans are underway and so many more businesses. It is a real good time to get in and the homes are a great investment along the way.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:29 AM

15 posts, read 27,501 times
Thanks for that info! Bayberry South doesn't seem to be progressing as much? Just an observation.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,028 times
Possibly moving to bayberry in middletown. IS there a fee for sewer and water hook up. Any hidden costs I should be aware of.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:09 AM

2,625 posts, read 4,005,475 times
Any updates on this community? It doesn't appear from the website any of the commercial has been built, which is worrisome. We live in a nice development now in the Charleston area, and they promised a "town center" with retail and restaurants. So far we have a COSTCO and the "town center" plans seem to have been abandoned. So always wary when a "town center" is promised, as often it turns out to have been jut part of a sales pitch and never materializes.

Are there any other similar master planned communities like the proposal for Bayberry Village in the area that might be further along?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware