Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 06:39 PM

137 posts, read 313,655 times

Advertisements

So there's a Costco at Christiana Mall? Yay! My favorite "Big Store." How long does it take to drive up there from, say-Magnolia, on Hwy 1?

J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 08:14 PM

699 posts, read 2,895,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddollar View Post
So there's a Costco at Christiana Mall? Yay! My favorite "Big Store." How long does it take to drive up there from, say-Magnolia, on Hwy 1?

J
For me it's about 45 minutes. For some others it may be 1/2 hour. An easy drive on Rt.1.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:16 AM

9,722 posts, read 14,260,591 times
Speaking of shopping.........I never see much mention about the 'outlet' shops down by Lewes and Rehoboth. I'm not much of a shopper, but since I'm located around Dover, I'd much rather go south, than north. And, I never go down on weekends. My favorite place for a quick outfit, if I need one, is the Dress Barn down there. When I think of bargains, though, I don't think of those outlet stores.......But then, like I said, I'm not a shopper. Some have it, some don't!

Old 11-14-2007, 06:28 AM

903 posts, read 3,505,461 times
hey peeweeaz,

Just catching up from a weekend away... I know I'm just a "babe in the woods" but with my dad and his stories of days gone by, I think I am in a time warp sometimes! And now with my 2 younger boys, WWII is a big "historical" time that gets a lot of discussion in our house (they both are history buffs, and T can obsess at times).

We DO carry these threads way off topic... I think the Christiana area was the original theme. It seems we have had a few occasions the last 2 weeks to be in that area way too much. I say that only because, as the regulars know, our home is just south of Dover area. As many have mentioned, the further north in DE you go, the more hectic everything gets. But we all must keep in mind, that for those darned Yankees (that's for you NY'ers out there), the Wilmington area traffic is usual and customary to what they are used to. So the lifestyle and pace are not so shocking to some.

Funny thing, the boys and I just took the weekend road trip to Long Island this past weekend. And the worst traffic I caught the whole trip was.... right here in Dover! Might have had something to do with my timing... we left here about 3 pm Sat afternoon. Go figure!

Mary

Old 11-14-2007, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
hey peeweeaz,

We DO carry these threads way off topic... I think the Christiana area was the original theme. Mary
I apologize and will refrain from doing that again.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:53 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,012 times
We do tend to stretch our threads pretty thin, don't we?

I suggest that we use the "Getting Together" thread as the one to use for all of our miscellaneous messages and general chat!! Besides, "getting together" in the literal sense also means that we are "getting together" on line.

Any thoughts??

Charley

Old 11-14-2007, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
Any thoughts??
Charley
No, I've already been in trouble once today. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, you all!!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 09:36 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,012 times
Trouble? Not here with us.

Charley

Old 11-14-2007, 01:13 PM

903 posts, read 3,505,461 times
Hey folks,

I was mostly referring to MYSELF about wandering off topic on the board. Delly... I really did not mean to offend you (if that was the case).

Charley... I think that is an excellent idea! Either that or start a new thread entitiled "off topic" or something like that. Perhaps we goof balls (ha!) won't confuse others with our wayward thoughts that way. Since you are so good at this, please lead the way!

Mary

Old 11-17-2007, 09:53 AM

12 posts, read 120,541 times
Default I live near there and like it

I live not far from the Borders on 58 (which is in Newark, but nowhere near the college). I really like it here. Yes, mall traffic can be a disaster, but it's not that difficult to learn how to avoid it. One of the nice things about this area is that you can get to 4-5 highways within minutes, but you can also live in a neighborhood and not be aware you're so near the highways. And you can reach out your window without finding your hand in your neighbor's kitchen (one of the most offensive things about DE is the thoughtless overdevelopment).

I don't live in the large apartment complex (avoid that place!), but there are a number of small, older neighborhoods you can rent houses in. They're safe, and the neighbors are friendly. I'm renting now and would buy here if it wasn't for the water problem. I think the original developer filled in wetlands, and/or the thoughtless development in other places is causing water backup problems here.

If you want to take a train to the city, there are 3 stations nearby. And as I said, getting to highways is easy. Given what you're looking for, this might be a good base to get to know DE from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware