Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2008, 06:05 PM

9,719 posts, read 14,256,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by from PA View Post
CBS3 said Dover had 3 inches...No way.!!!!! I wonder where they got their information.
I may have been a little off My husband tells me we got "almost" 3/4 of an inch!

Old 02-23-2008, 05:32 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,507 times
It's still far better than the (almost) foot that we shoveled away yesterday .. with another dusting that fell overnight.

Charley

Old 02-23-2008, 07:52 AM

271 posts, read 995,324 times
Here in support of Mary! Well, in support of her snow total! We got close to 3 inches on Thursday--or was it Wednesday? In any case, some of it had disappeared before the additional frozen-whatever. About half an inch followed a day or so later.

I'm here to tell you that we've had far more snow in the past here. This is nothing, and with global warming, perhaps we won't see those higher totals again.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:05 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,669,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebleu View Post
Here in support of Mary! Well, in support of her snow total! We got close to 3 inches on Thursday--or was it Wednesday? In any case, some of it had disappeared before the additional frozen-whatever. About half an inch followed a day or so later.

I'm here to tell you that we've had far more snow in the past here. This is nothing, and with global warming, perhaps we won't see those higher totals again.
Huh? snow? You had snow What is snow?

Old 02-26-2008, 09:40 PM

903 posts, read 3,504,968 times
Ha, ha, elizamary... keep rubbin' it in! According to the local forecast, you may see some tomorrow! So there! Came back from your travels a week too soon, it looks like. Or at least too soon to miss the white stuff! Not too soon for your C-D buddies... Feb has been a long, cold month where I sit!

Mary

Old 02-27-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
Ha, ha, elizamary... keep rubbin' it in! According to the local forecast, you may see some tomorrow! So there! Came back from your travels a week too soon, it looks like. Or at least too soon to miss the white stuff! Not too soon for your C-D buddies... Feb has been a long, cold month where I sit!

Mary
Mary...........If it is any consolation Florida was humid and dreay for the most part. Oh and cool. We walked the beach but didn't go swiming at all. Too cool and windy.
Looks like snow today. I think they said flurries?

Old 02-27-2008, 02:50 PM

elizamary... it is some consolation, but I DO regret it for you and your hubby. FL should have been beautiful for you two... you should not have needed to take your sunshine and vitality with you!

Not sure if it snowed out around Southern Meadows, but the flurries were blowing here on our side of the county. And my grill cover has blown off more than once today! So I will be so glad to change the calendar to March on Saturday... and plan on circling "first day of spring" in big color!

Mary

Old 02-28-2008, 07:39 AM

Quote:
elizamary... it is some consolation, but I DO regret it for you and your hubby. FL should have been beautiful for you two... you should not have needed to take your sunshine and vitality with you!

Not sure if it snowed out around Southern Meadows, but the flurries were blowing here on our side of the county. And my grill cover has blown off more than once today! So I will be so glad to change the calendar to March on Saturday... and plan on circling "first day of spring" in big color!

Mary
Awh shuck You are too kind!

Yep, saw the flurries but that is all it was. I didnt' leave the house yesterday.
Oh spring..........where are you

Old 02-28-2008, 09:50 PM

Ah elizamary... the luxury of being retired (not leaving the house)! That, and all the world traveling you two do! It seems I always have to leave the house on the worst weather days! (Sigh!)

Had to drive to Milford today... while it was quite clear and sunny, there was a bite to the wind that had me chilled all day. The upshot of the trip was getting up with LASH and having coffee while I was in Milford; nice little coffee shop called Dolce on Walnut St. The coffee shop happens to be a few doors down from The Georgia House, which is supposed to be a nice lunch place for the group. I did catch LASH up on the C-D group; and she passes on her hello to the gang!

And yes, SPRING, please, oh, please, come to DE soon! Lest the Easter Bunny be too cold to bring goodies to the little kiddies!

Mary

Old 02-29-2008, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Ah elizamary... the luxury of being retired (not leaving the house)! That, and all the world traveling you two do! It seems I always have to leave the house on the worst weather days! (Sigh!)

lunch place for the group. I did catch LASH up on the C-D group; and she passes on her hello to the gang!
Mary

Ah yes, it is a burden but someone has to do it

so you caught up with Lash. Hope she is well. Next time you go, let me know, I will go along with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware