Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2008, 08:25 AM

392 posts, read 991,008 times

Advertisements

LOL........our posts just crossed. I thought St. B's was farther than St. John's. I'll have to check it out on mapquest.

Where do I get those little smiley's........I'm just learning this board.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:09 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
Holy Cross is closer than St. John's. There is also St. Bernadette's in Harrington which is a little farther....haven't been to St. B's. We were checking out the churches in the area for when we move permanently. We will probably stick with Holy Cross; it's the closest and then breakfast at the Magnolia Diner.
Delly - where is that winery? The only winery I know of in Delaware is Nassau Vineyards.
Carole
Carole, you sure know a lot about the area, and local churches for not having moved here yet! Good Job!
Pizzadilli Winery/Vineyard - South on 13 through Dover, pass Camden, pass Woodside (you're still on Rt. 13). Before Felton, on the right, you'll see a huge car auction building (auction every Thursday night). Right there, turn Right on Peach Basket Road. Almost immediately, on the right, there is the Pizzadilli Winery. It's long paved lane, with vineyards on the right side, very picturesque! There's about 110 acres there, a wine store with wine tastings, beautiful grounds, gazebos, ponds, small dining room inside, and a huge pavilion. They cater many parties, and make their own wine there. It's a popular place, and that's why we had to book 2 years in advance.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:12 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,044,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
Carole, you sure know a lot about the area, and local churches for not having moved here yet! Good Job!
I agree. I love it when someone does his or her homework before moving in. Of course, I have a bias because I'm doing the same thing.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:19 AM

Looks like we're busy at-it, Carole! Smiles are on the right, when you reply.

No, Harrington is closer to Dover, than Milford. St. Bernadette's has a limited Mass schedule. When I'm on the road, I visit Seaford and Bethany Beach Catholic Churches, also. But, you must visit Immaculate Conception Church in Marydel, at least once. It' now, primarily, a Hispanic congregation on Sundays. It seems the Saturday night Mass is when I see all the folks I've known for many years.

I tend to get carried away, as you can see. I love helping people discover Delaware. ......Been here 67 years! I've met some very nice people on this blog, and only a couple not-so-nice!

Old 03-16-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
I agree. I love it when someone does his or her homework before moving in. Of course, I have a bias because I'm doing the same thing.
Yes, you have, Charley! You are the "king of investigators". You've done a wonderful job. I read a post of yours the other day where you mentioned Tangiers Outlets, Bargain Bill's and a few other places you've learned about! I admire that also!

Old 03-16-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Yes, you have, Charley! You are the "king of investigators". You've done a wonderful job. I read a post of yours the other day where you mentioned Tangiers Outlets, Bargain Bill's and a few other places you've learned about! I admire that also!
Awww thanks. I've done more than learn about them. I've shopped them! And this week, I'll be doing Tanger's again ... and if I can convince my son, I'd love to see the Concord Mall. That's one I have not checked out yet.

I do have to be sensitive as it is HIS vacation and I'm just tagging along.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Awww thanks. I've done more than learn about them. I've shopped them! And this week, I'll be doing Tanger's again ... and if I can convince my son, I'd love to see the Concord Mall. That's one I have not checked out yet.
I do have to be sensitive as it is HIS vacation and I'm just tagging along.
Concord Mall? That's an oddity with downstate folks. Most I know go to Christiana Mall, which is closer and nicer, "they" say! I'm not a Mall person or a shopper, and don't shop unless my underwear is in shreds ---- WHOOPS! Or, unless I've got to buy a "lady" outfit. I may have been to the Outlets at the beach 2-3 times, and that's it.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Concord Mall? That's an oddity with downstate folks. Most I know go to Christiana Mall, which is closer and nicer, "they" say! I'm not a Mall person or a shopper, and don't shop unless my underwear is in shreds ---- WHOOPS! Or, unless I've got to buy a "lady" outfit. I may have been to the Outlets at the beach 2-3 times, and that's it.
I've seen Christiana and Dover. I'm the same way with shopping. The last time I bought any clothing (which my wife says I desperately need) was last summer, at Tanger. Tax-free is an incentive and I do need jeans. You'll probably notice that on Tuesday

Old 03-16-2008, 03:23 PM

392 posts, read 991,008 times
Quote:
I lived in Oak Orchard (lower Sussex Co) for 13 yrs. Moved back to Md to see grandsons grow up. Picked a place in Kent Co because it's in the middle....close to beaches and close to Md. family. Anxious to move back to Delaware.

Carole

Old 03-16-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
I lived in Oak Orchard (lower Sussex Co) for 13 yrs. Moved back to Md to see grandsons grow up. Picked a place in Kent Co because it's in the middle....close to beaches and close to Md. family. Anxious to move back to Delaware.
Carole
And, we're anxious to get you back!
I was down in Oak Orchard a couple of days ago, Captain's Grant, Riverdale, Warwick Park, Gull Point Road, etc. Those properties along Indian River in that area are going for over 1M, with a little old bungalow, that someone will replace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware