Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 03:24 PM

605 posts, read 804,801 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for restaurants, shopping, fun activities, etc? I'm really looking forward to a long weekend free from sales tax.

I'm staying for three nights at the Admiral Hotel near the boardwalk. We were thinking about taking a day trip to Atlantic City, as well. Do you think that would be feasible?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 04:05 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
A day trip to AC is definitely feasible. Take the ferry across to Cape May and you should be able to take a bus from there.

Here's some info. My family used to do it all the time.

The Cape May - Lewes Ferry of Delaware

The Purple Parrot has AMAZING food!! For snacks, there's Fisher's Popcorn, Candy Kitchen (delicious fudge).

You won't be far from the Outlets on Rte. 1. There are also a ton of cute shops in town.

Here's the city's website. Should be some info on events when you go. There are also free papers in courtesy boxes. Your hotel might have one too. Pick one up--they have good info.

City of Rehoboth Beach, Delaware | Website Home

Be prepared to shop your arse off and eat your face off. Enjoy!!!

Now I'm jealous. I wanna come!!

Old 03-25-2014, 05:50 PM

Thank you so much, CarbonCountyLiving! The information about the ferry was extremely helpful, and we will be sure to check out the Purple Parrot - it sounds like a great experience. I can't wait to go to the outlets - TAX FREE! AHHH!

And sure, come along, pack your bags!

Old 03-25-2014, 06:49 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times
When are you going? Asking because depending upon your answer you may want to enjoy R.B and go to A.C on another trip. Once the spring hits or the summer there is more an enough to keep you busy here. I second the Purple Parrot ......one of our regular rotation.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
When are you going? Asking because depending upon your answer you may want to enjoy R.B and go to A.C on another trip. Once the spring hits or the summer there is more an enough to keep you busy here. I second the Purple Parrot ......one of our regular rotation.
We're going Memorial Day weekend. I really, really want to go to Atlantic City, though!

Old 03-26-2014, 06:23 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,188,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
We're going Memorial Day weekend. I really, really want to go to Atlantic City, though!
I definitely would not advise that the highest traffic weekend of the year.
For anyone planning to use the ferry Plan ahead. Check the ferry schedule and make reservations. In my work I often see people who did not do this and missed the last ferry.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:57 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times
I agree with Longecker on both counts. Traffic anywhere on summer kick off weekend is horrendous. I expect it to be particularly bad this year as people are fed up with the winter. If you want to do A/C prepare to lose a lot of time spent in traffic. The only suggestion I can offer is that you begin in A/C and then come here, if you really want to visit there.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:29 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
Ooooh yeah, I didn't realize you were going during a peak time. You might want to adjust your plans. I thought you were going within the next couple of weeks.

Personally I prefer Rehoboth during off peak season. There's not as much open but there still is plenty to do, and you don't have to deal with the crowds.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:17 PM

347 posts, read 863,507 times
Driving RB to AC will take about 2 1/2 hours.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:57 PM

Yeah, I figured it would be very crowded. I'm from NC, and we grew up going to Myrtle Beach, SC, so I figured it might be similar to that? I was in Savannah/Tybee Island last Memorial Day, and the crowds didn't really bother me there.

Last edited by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt; 03-26-2014 at 07:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware