Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2014, 09:11 PM

3 posts, read 3,320 times

Advertisements

My work is relocating me down to Rehoboth in a few months. I have a 13 year old & a 9 year old. Both are welcome to the idea. We will be renting. I've found a few apartments right off of Coastal Highway & since I will be working in that general area I'd like to live close. However, I'm looking for the best choices for schools for my children. Thoughts on the different schools around. I don't have to be right in Rehoboth if another school district is better. We aren't looking for too country of an area - we need to be in "civilization" We currently live in a school district with approx 120 kids in each graduating class & it is just too small - we moved here from right outside Pasadena, CA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 09:23 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,786,630 times
Your 13 year old will go to Beacon which is the 2nd or 3rd highest rated middle school in the state, 9 year old, if you live in Rehoboth he or she will probably go to Rehoboth Elem, k-5. A very good school as well.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:28 PM

3 posts, read 3,320 times
So it seems living right in Rehoboth will give them both good schools. Thanks! I'm hoping this is a good move for them. We moved to this area about 3 years ago when their father & I divorced & it is very narrowminded. My 13 year old is having so many problems at the school - academically he is doing well, socially he is being bullied. They grew up in a very diverse area & this is nothing like that. I'm hoping Rehoboth will be a better fit for them.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:40 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,177,941 times
Rehoboth and Lewes are in the same School District (Cape Henlopen). Great schools and they offer a lot of extra circular activities.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:40 PM

13,045 posts, read 18,049,360 times
Ditto the above responses. While I don.t have kids, I have always been involved with the local school district. When we relo'd here a year ago, I was very impressed with the schools of both Cape Henlopean and Indian River districts.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:08 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,904,575 times
Also agree with above posters....my son is not in the DE public school system anymore (just graduated), but I wouldn't have had an issue with him attending Cape Henlopen schools. Cape, Indian River, and Sussex Tech are the best in Sussex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: