Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2007, 06:59 AM

28 posts, read 160,820 times

Advertisements

HI, we are currently residing in NYC but are looking to move south. We are looking for an area with decent weather, low cost of living (compared to NYC) and jobs in the financial sector. Wilmington is of course on the list. We are planning to have kids any day and since we are an interracial (she:black, he: white) couple we are worried about the schools. We are looking for a private school which is highly rated and is diverse, with both white kids and non white kids. Which schools in the area would fit that description?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2007, 03:21 AM

19 posts, read 98,226 times
Ursuline, Padua, Sanford - actually all of the private schools - see this month's issue of Delaware Today magazine for a review of Delaware private schools. Don't overlook charter schools (free) - Charter School of Wilmington is 26% + Asian - happens to be 41st best high school in the country. "Feeder" grade school is Newark charter. St Anne's in Middletown and Caravel.

My favorite is Delaware Military Academy - again a charter high school associated with the US Navy and a fulltime NJROTC program - if you are looking for structure

Old 01-21-2008, 02:10 PM

3 posts, read 11,071 times
Default Elementary Workshop Montessori

My husband I chose Elementary Workshop Montessori School in downtown Wilmington specifically because of its ethnic and economic diversity, plus its outstanding academics. My husband's Jewish and I'm not, so parochial schools weren't an option for us, and we really didn't want to send our kids to a predominantly white and wealthy school like Tower Hill or Tatnall. We both grew up in the South and wanted our kids to be exposed to people of all different races and walks of life from very early on in a positive setting.

We love EWMS because every teacher knows the name of every child and they really seem to love the children, and we all help parent each other's children. The school has about 75 kids and is one of the least expensive non-parochial schools in the state, and by far the least expensive Montessori. It's a great school -- check out the website at Elementary Workshop Montessori School. If you decide to sign up, please tell them I sent you! -Allison

Old 01-25-2008, 11:31 AM

20 posts, read 95,889 times
St.Elizabeth (St.E) is one of the best it starts form K-12 and one of the cheapest with a very good education system
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware