Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2009, 07:22 AM

2 posts, read 3,962 times

Advertisements

test
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 02:53 PM

392 posts, read 990,802 times
Default Brick Hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb506 View Post
We would like to get married somewhere in Delaware or close by to Delaware. It's our second marriage we now live out of the area but would like to come back for the wedding any idea's? What we are trying to stay away from is a formal hotel wedding. We are looking for something that is casual but upscale not stuffy but fun for about 55 to 65 people. We are thinking spring time
Don't let the word "Hotel" fool you. Go to there website and check it out. It might be what you're looking for.
Lynn Lester, Owner/Innkeeper
The Brick Hotel On The Circle18 The Circle, Georgetown, DE 19947]Fax: 302.856.1899

Toll Free: 877-88-BRICK

www.thebrickhotel.com

Old 11-16-2009, 12:41 PM

1,742 posts, read 6,138,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMODAndrea View Post
The best Mexican in DE is at Border Cafe right by the Christiana Mall. Best brewery and food is at Dogfish Head Brewery in Rehoboth.
Better than Don Pablos?

Old 11-16-2009, 06:31 PM

7 posts, read 23,981 times
A short distance from Middletown is Chesapeake City, MD. A very nice cozy, casual but upscale restaurant: The Bayard House. Great food and atmosphere. I believe they could handle 55-65 people.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:54 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtempman View Post
A short distance from Middletown is Chesapeake City, MD. A very nice cozy, casual but upscale restaurant: The Bayard House. Great food and atmosphere. I believe they could handle 55-65 people.

Been there and ate in one of the restaurants along the canal. Was nice....very nice but expensive too.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:37 AM

7 posts, read 23,981 times
It is a little pricy, but it's our special event restaurant like anniversary, b'day etc. The Bayard House is the older one right on the canal, not the Chesapeake Inn in the marina, though that's not bad either. I was going by the fact that it was for a wedding, which would qualify for a special event imho LOL.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:45 AM

yes and it was the bayard house right on the canal. Wonderful setting, very old structure and food was superb.
We go for lunch usually.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:50 AM

We had an experience with Roma Restaurant near the AFB

Our community wanted to have our Christmas Dinner at Roma in Dec.

The person that handled this went over to make sure they had room for 20 people at a table.
Managment told her she needed to put $100 down that would NOT be refundable or put toward the bill.

Needless to say, Never heard of anything like this.
Our community activity coordinator went over to discuss this with management who was arrogant and rude.
She cancelled and said "no one is going there".
Anyway.....just wanted to pass that along.
We are going to a very nice place in Dover called Mari Monte on Route 8. I have eaten there and the food is excellent.

I could see it the money was to hold a table or room but then applied to the bill in some way???

Watch out for the crooks that want to take advantage during christmas time such as Roma. Apparently they are under new management.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:00 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Our community activity coordinator went over to discuss this with management who was arrogant and rude.
In some ways, I can understand a restaurant, particularly one near a military base, requiring a deposit. I can imagine that they might get many calls to hold tables of twenty and then get a bunch of no shows, which hurts business.

However, when the activity coordinator goes in personally to try to make an arrangement and is met with arrogance and rudeness, that's a bad business. That kind of thing spreads and in this economy, where there are fewer dollars spent, that manager acted inappropriately. Scratch Roma from the places I want to try.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:10 AM

Charley.........I can understand the depost too but that wasn't going to be applied to the bill.

I can understand if You don't show up.......then you loose your deposit.
But if you show up and the money is not applied to say the tip, bill, drinks or room.....then I think that is robbery.
Even my daughters wedding......our deposit was put toward the hall. Now we if choose some place else......then we'd loose the money which I can understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware