Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 06:26 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Charley.........I can understand the depost too but that wasn't going to be applied to the bill.
I missed that. That's even worse!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 06:54 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,039 times
I thought you did charley.

apparently they are under new management. Just wonder with their policies.....how long they will be in business.
maybe they thought we were a bunch of "stupid" old people that don't know any better?

Old 11-23-2009, 07:06 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,421,974 times
It definitely wouldn't make me happy. They better re-think that policy if they hope to do any business over the holidays, the deposit definitely should be applied to the bill. Anyway, glad you have a good Plan B, Elizamary.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
It definitely wouldn't make me happy. They better re-think that policy if they hope to do any business over the holidays, the deposit definitely should be applied to the bill. Anyway, glad you have a good Plan B, Elizamary.
Thanks Honeycrisp and I will post how this goes.
We are going over today for lunch and set up dinner plans for our christmas dinner.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:43 AM

728 posts, read 1,782,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMODAndrea View Post
The best Mexican in DE is at Border Cafe right by the Christiana Mall. Best brewery and food is at Dogfish Head Brewery in Rehoboth.
I totally agree! Salt Lake had some really good Mexican food, I miss some of my usual eateries there. Border is the only thing I've found that similar.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:22 PM

392 posts, read 990,802 times
Default Roma's

[quote=elizamary;11741318]We had an experience with Roma Restaurant near the AFB

Our community wanted to have our Christmas Dinner at Roma in Dec.

The person that handled this went over to make sure they had room for 20 people at a table.
Managment told her she needed to put $100 down that would NOT be refundable or put toward the bill.
__________________________________________________ ________
My Red Hat gals had lunch at Roma's about a month ago and I just checked with the one who makes reservations for the group. She said they never asked for a deposit and was given the room reservation immediately. Is there 2 Roma's?

Old 11-23-2009, 02:26 PM

Hi Carole,

No, not 2 roma's. When our party committee head went over with the $100 about 3 weeks ago, they said it was non refundable to hold the room.
Thinking there was a mistake...our activies coordinator when over last Thursday and they were snotty and said it was a new policy.
Not sure if this was because of the holidays or what but she cancelled and got our money back.

Funny thing is when she called before she went over....no mention of this at all. Was when she went with the money that she was told it was just to hold the room and not refunded if we showed.

Anyway, we got another place. in Dover.
Mari Monte? Pretty good. We had lunch there.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:43 PM

Default Roma's

That's really weird!!......wonder if anyone else has had that experience.....
Lots of good restaurants in Dover to choose from so we don't have to go back to the ones that we have had bad experiences with.
I do have to say this though, I was at the luncheon and, I don't know if it was the manager or a waiter, but he was very friendly and efficient. The next time could be an entirely different experience. One never knows.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:18 PM

I don't know Carole but it was weird. No one ever heard of anything like this. Personally, I thought they misunderstood but apparently they say not.
I also have eaten there and food was good so was the service. I'm just relaying the experience some have had with them the past few weeks. Finally found another place. will report on the service, price and food.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
will report on the service, price and food.
Hey now..........that would be nice to have some Delaware restaurant reports. I have a long list of the ones I'd like to try sooner or later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware