Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 04:58 PM

903 posts, read 3,505,869 times

Advertisements

Wow... I should know better than to not read the forum for a few days! It will take me the next 2 days to catch up!

Jonalyn... will bring your copy next week to lunch. Any of the other "participants" want a copy of past lunches? Next Monday (the 21st) is the deadline; not sure how long it will take to get re-prints. Should be same day, but ya never know!

elizamary... not someone I met at the jewelry class, I hope. Sorry to hear she was not happy, but at least her sis is close enough for your neighbor to have an alternative. We rented a house in Va Beach where a teenage child committed suicide... pretty creepy when we thought about it. The landlord had the priest come bless the house with holy water, with extra at that particular room. Was kinda eerie now that I think back.

Weather??? Its mucky and yucky out in our part of DE right now; but so far, only one snow this season. I'd like to see more, at least if the kids are out of school about the same time. Funny, T-man does NOT like to play in the snow; while D-man would sleep outside IN the snow if I let him!

Mary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 05:19 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
Wow... I should know better than to not read the forum for a few days! It will take me the next 2 days to catch up!

Jonalyn... will bring your copy next week to lunch. Any of the other "participants" want a copy of past lunches? Next Monday (the 21st) is the deadline; not sure how long it will take to get re-prints. Should be same day, but ya never know!

elizamary... not someone I met at the jewelry class, I hope. Sorry to hear she was not happy, but at least her sis is close enough for your neighbor to have an alternative. We rented a house in Va Beach where a teenage child committed suicide... pretty creepy when we thought about it. The landlord had the priest come bless the house with holy water, with extra at that particular room. Was kinda eerie now that I think back.

Weather??? Its mucky and yucky out in our part of DE right now; but so far, only one snow this season. I'd like to see more, at least if the kids are out of school about the same time. Funny, T-man does NOT like to play in the snow; while D-man would sleep outside IN the snow if I let him!

Mary
I know mary.......If I don't keep up with this, I'm lost.

No, Betty was not at the jewerly class. We tried to talk her into giving it a chance but she couldn't do it.
Will be sorry to see her go.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to call you about Sat. We got tied up and the day just went by.
Maybe the next time Paul comes to town, we can get together.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:19 AM

903 posts, read 3,505,869 times
No worries about missing you this past weekend... we always run around like fruitcakes so we would not have been free either. Would love to have him meet you, but next time he's in town (that is if you and Bill aren't gone!).

Kinda good to know Betty was not a familiar face; but sorry you are losing a good neighbor already. Maybe my folks will be at a "welcoming tea" at Southern Meadows this summer! Ya never know!

Mary

P.S. Speaking of weather (the original topic), its cold and yucky today. But then again, mom said it's about the same in NC, so I guess it must be mid-January! I can't wait for Groundhog Day, which is right around the corner! Gotta smile at that!

Old 01-15-2008, 12:29 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
[Mary

Yes, next time he is in town and we are here........we must meet up

We usually have the welcome tea every 2 or 3 months.
No new people there on sunday, just the same old same old.
It is still good to get together and catch up.
We are sorry to betty and hubby gene go too. But we plan to keep in touch.

It is snowing now. Oh.....just stopped. anyway I love to see the snow. The only time it bothered me was when I had to drive to work. working night work and leaving at 12:30 in the morning was hard when the weather was bad.
But now, I dont' have to go out if I don't want too.

From what I can see, DE doesn't get much snow anyway.

P.S. Speaking of weather (the original topic), its cold and yucky today. But then again, mom said it's about the same in NC, so I guess it must be mid-January! I can't wait for Groundhog Day, which is right around the corner! Gotta smile at that![/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware