Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do We Need Another Huge New Housing Development on 404/9 Lewes Georgetown Hwy Near Harbeson?
Yes, Build More 5 22.73%
No, It's Too Congested Already 16 72.73%
Undecided 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 07:42 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,952,166 times

Advertisements

Another day, another delawarean whining about development. Try living up north near the Christiana area and then talk about development, they haven't stopped building in an around the mall for the past 30 years. Delaware will continue to get more dense because it is the East Coast, so deal with it. If you think it is bad in DE then obviously you've never lived in NJ, PA, or MD. Try driving though some towns outside DC around the loop or pretty much anywhere main line PA during rush hour, then come back and complain about DE over development. I laugh every time I hear about a Delawarean complain about traffic and congestion, they've never made a DC/NoVA daily commute for a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 11:11 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,246,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Another day, another delawarean whining about development. Try living up north near the Christiana area and then talk about development, they haven't stopped building in an around the mall for the past 30 years. Delaware will continue to get more dense because it is the East Coast, so deal with it. If you think it is bad in DE then obviously you've never lived in NJ, PA, or MD. Try driving though some towns outside DC around the loop or pretty much anywhere main line PA during rush hour, then come back and complain about DE over development. I laugh every time I hear about a Delawarean complain about traffic and congestion, they've never made a DC/NoVA daily commute for a long time.
In some area where they are building on 2 lane roads with no shoulders we have every reason to complain.

Old 09-27-2015, 01:19 PM

23 posts, read 52,750 times
The problem I have is not about development in general, it's about putting these developments on already crowded major arteries.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:40 AM

293 posts, read 593,330 times
Default Stop the Madness-To Much Traffic and People

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBoy3 View Post
Can I vote twice ? Stop the madness. Southern Delaware needs a development plan or it is going to become a circus.
I agree big time,Ive been visiting Delaware once a mouth as far as I can go,and there is way to much development,and cars,and people,and I said this was going to happen to Delaware a couple of years ago,when they keep pushing tourest,55 plus,low taxes.This is what happened to Cape May County.Too much greed.Now we never have peace on our roads,and not to much place to relax in peace.

Old 10-27-2015, 04:32 PM

8,664 posts, read 9,204,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJVillasOutsider View Post
I agree big time,Ive been visiting Delaware once a mouth as far as I can go,and there is way to much development,and cars,and people,and I said this was going to happen to Delaware a couple of years ago,when they keep pushing tourest,55 plus,low taxes.This is what happened to Cape May County.Too much greed.Now we never have peace on our roads,and not to much place to relax in peace.
There is that other greedy place, West by God Virginy.

Old 01-16-2016, 12:36 PM

23 posts, read 52,750 times
It's just craziness. 404/9 is going to be a bottleneck in Harbeson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: