Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 08:01 AM

118 posts, read 623,857 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the great info, I really appreciate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 08:21 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by from PA View Post
Elizamary,

You been feeding that keyboard coffee again?
hehehe.........sure looks like it, huh!!

actually, my singingis just as bad if not worse.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
Hi Delly,

I !

elizamary... I'm bringing a karoke machine to our next get together, so practice, practice, practice! You may want to expand on your selection of music though!

Oh yeah, you ARE great! Have a great day!

Mary

Once you actually hear me sing, you will change your mind real fast.

Ps: I'm locking the door to my house so no one gets in wth their gas

Old 02-07-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaroo View Post
Thanks for all the great info, I really appreciate
Haha........charley's chicken is so funny. Makes you want to move near a chaicken farm.

Mo' chaicken

Old 02-07-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Haha........charley's chicken is so funny. Makes you want to move near a chaicken farm.

Mo' chaicken
I have 2 cousins, one lives in Dover, the other Laurel. The one from Dover said the chicken smell would make me GAG. I think I have to find elsewhere!

Old 02-07-2008, 09:29 AM

699 posts, read 2,895,269 times
Quote:
I have 2 cousins, one lives in Dover, the other Laurel. The one from Dover said the chicken smell would make me GAG. I think I have to find elsewhere!
Hi Debaroo,

I live in Magnolia just south of Dover. There are cornfields nearby but no chicken farms that I know of. The air is fresh and clean with no offending odors. Not sure what area you are looking for but where we are is just fine.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:30 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Are you sure that smell is chicken? Its been awile since Bubbas had a bath!

Old 02-07-2008, 11:30 AM

9,722 posts, read 14,262,736 times
Quote:
Debaroo.......I'm just outside the Dover City limits - no chicken smell here. You really can't make a blanket statement regarding the "smell" of a town/community, or outlying area. "Dover" or "Laurel" are general, very broad, descriptions. In my opinion, you'll have to pick a house, look around, and inhale, in whichever state you're considering. Don't move to Arkansas, though. That's the Chicken Capital of the World! Good Luck, wherever you land!

Old 02-07-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
Debaroo.......I'm just outside the Dover City limits - no chicken smell here. You really can't make a blanket statement regarding the "smell" of a town/community, or outlying area. "Dover" or "Laurel" are general, very broad, descriptions. In my opinion, you'll have to pick a house, look around, and inhale, in whichever state you're considering. Don't move to Arkansas, though. That's the Chicken Capital of the World! Good Luck, wherever you land!
I meant to say that my cousin who lives in Dover said she used to live by a chicken farm, not that she does now. My mistake.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:56 PM

903 posts, read 3,505,674 times
Delly made a good point... in any rural area, the smells associated with farming in general can be quite distinct. Personally, I have most issues with the fertilizing that is just part of the process... liquid or otherwise. It can't be helped, but you DO look for strong winds those days!

Arkansas is the Chicken Capital of the World, huh? I could have sworn NC (especially down east) had the corner on that market! Who knows, maybe the last few seasons of hurricanes in the Carolinas have convinced the chicken farmers to go inland. Still plenty of houses dotting the NC countryside!

Mary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware