Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 08:45 PM

699 posts, read 2,894,109 times

Advertisements

Here is your chance to recommend that little place you had dinner last night that you'd just love to rave about. Or Maybe you're just looking for a good pizza place and don't know the area yet. I know when we moved here, I was concerned that I was going to miss all the little places back home that we used to frequent, but to my delightful suprise there are so many places right here that we just happened upon. Will share if you do. Or just ask and hopefully someone will step up to help out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 09:00 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,667,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by from PA View Post
Here is your chance to recommend that little place you had dinner last night that you'd just love to rave about. Or Maybe you're just looking for a good pizza place and don't know the area yet. I know when we moved here, I was concerned that I was going to miss all the little places back home that we used to frequent, but to my delightful suprise there are so many places right here that we just happened upon. Will share if you do. Or just ask and hopefully someone will step up to help out.
Good Idea Pa...........

I went to get my hair trimmed today on route 10 called Tangles.
a couple doors down was a seafood place. I picked up a menu and it looks pretty good.
It's called Reel Fresh Seafood
Market and grill
You can order in or out.
Prices don't look too bad compared to other places we had come upon in this area.
I have not ordered anything as of yet but we may pick something up on Friday.
Being a catholic, I try not to eat meat on Fridays during lent.
Will report back when I have acually sample the food and service.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:40 AM

Default Hungry in Dover

If you like veal or chicken parm, we have a place that serves the best around. It's the Dover Family Restaurant. Used to be called Cozy's. Must be a best kept secret though 'cause we were the only patrons in the place on Tuesday night. I don't know why the locals aren't flocking there. Had several meals there and haven't been dissapointed yet. It's nothing fancy, I grant you that but you can get a terrific dinner, enormus portions, for under $12 and they also serve beer and wine. Maybe location is a factor because it on the northbound side of Rt. 13, next to Mc Donalds not to be confused with the Family restaurant near the Dover Mall.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:06 AM

Quote:
If you like veal or chicken parm, we have a place that serves the best around. It's the Dover Family Restaurant. Used to be called Cozy's. Must be a best kept secret though 'cause we were the only patrons in the place on Tuesday night. I don't know why the locals aren't flocking there. Had several meals there and haven't been dissapointed yet. It's nothing fancy, I grant you that but you can get a terrific dinner, enormus portions, for under $12 and they also serve beer and wine. Maybe location is a factor because it on the northbound side of Rt. 13, next to Mc Donalds not to be confused with the Family restaurant near the Dover Mall.

We will definate give Dover family restaurant a shot. Maybe next week.

Hey.......would the gang like to meet there instead of Pigs. Just a thought. I do think once in a while.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:46 PM

3 posts, read 10,242 times
You Guys need to try the food in the new farmers market in middletown, I ate there a few times it was great.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt 2621 View Post
You Guys need to try the food in the new farmers market in middletown, I ate there a few times it was great.
Thanks for the tip. Tell us where it is and what their hours are.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:22 AM

271 posts, read 995,190 times
PA, I'm sitting here wondering why I don't have restaurants to recommend in Dover, other than a couple that have already been mentioned. Two reasons, I think. Some of the ones we used to go to now and then are long gone. Delly, if you're reading, you'll remember The Dinner Bell on State Street, and though we didn't go there often, The Nuts. (Yes, The NUTS )

The main reason is that we tend not to eat out in Dover. We usually eat out when we're traveling. Some excellent restaurants in Rehoboth, but they change a lot, so you kind of have to see which reopen after the winter. Some, like Victoria's in the Boardwalk Plaza hotel, are always open, and that restaurant looks out on the ocean. Nice for breakfast or lunch.

As the Rehoboth and area restaurants begin to re-open their doors, I'll try to start a thread.

Oh, and though I haven't been there for a while, if you're in downtown Newark, the Iron Hill Brew Pub (I think that was, is, it's name) has good food.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:55 AM

[quote=anniebleu;3060937]

Some restaruants are opened in Rehobeth now. Not many though. I did see the ones you were talking about on the boards. some were kind of expensive but worth trying for a delightful experience of eating and looking out at the ocean. I love the ocean.
I ride down just to spend time along the beach. Not long but long enough to savor the vast and mysterious ocean.

We ate in a little place for lunch. Nothing fancy but good home cooked food. it was on the main street a block or two off the beach. Right next to Irish pub, in fact. We really went down for the walk but afterwards got hungry so we stopped. I can't think of the name of it but it was a little breakfast/lunch restaraunt and very good. If you dont' want to spend a lot of money and want something very good, then I would recommend it.
Now the Irish pub next door is also good, very good. We have eaten there several times.
I'm sure it is going to be mobbed on Pattie's day.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:20 AM

271 posts, read 995,190 times
Thanks for the tip about that place, Eliza, and I agree about the ocean. During all our years in DE, as often or not we've packed a breakfast or lunch and headed to where we could sit by the ocean, preferably on a pleasant off-season day, and just enjoyed.

We've seen but never tried that Irish pub, and me with a bit o' Irish in me too!

Old 03-10-2008, 09:39 PM

3 posts, read 10,242 times
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. Tell us where it is and what their hours are.
It's on RT 71 Just north of 299 across from like NAPA auto- I think there hours are Thur 9-5 Fri 9-7 and Sat 9-4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware