Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 06:42 AM

13,057 posts, read 18,137,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
No apologies, Nuts. We don't think you're persnickety. You can have fried mus'rat with stewed tomatoes, in place of the scrapple. I guess we have to tone our favorite foods down a little for newcomers.

//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1512741849
I must say I am rethinking my adoptive state status. Maybe scrapple and I could have at least a passing acquaintance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 08:13 AM

9,729 posts, read 14,275,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I must say I am rethinking my adoptive state status. Maybe scrapple and I could have at least a passing acquaintance.
Just a thought: Jimmys Grille = scrapple

Old 12-09-2017, 09:34 AM

419 posts, read 388,250 times
Nuts, don't feel bad. I gave up eating hot dogs when I was in my teens. I ate scrapple some as a kid because my grandfather liked it. While I liked the spices, when I got old enough to really think about how it was made, I gave it up for good. I see scrapple as the Delaware version of Scotland's haggis.

Rdlr, I'm sure Nuts would have loved the Wagon Wheel. Too bad it closed before she could try some of that muskrat!

Old 12-09-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillRoaming View Post
Nuts, don't feel bad. I gave up eating hot dogs when I was in my teens. I ate scrapple some as a kid because my grandfather liked it. While I liked the spices, when I got old enough to really think about how it was made, I gave it up for good. I see scrapple as the Delaware version of Scotland's haggis.

Rdlr, I'm sure Nuts would have loved the Wagon Wheel. Too bad it closed before she could try some of that muskrat!
We would have to drag her kicking and screaming!
Stewed tomatoes were the best, also, at the Wagon Wheel. Kitty Budd out-did herself with that menu!

Old 12-09-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
We would have to drag her kicking and screaming!
Stewed tomatoes were the best, also, at the Wagon Wheel. Kitty Budd out-did herself with that menu!
Hey I resemble that statement. Back in the early 80's I would have to ride the subway to work and very early in the morning there were rats scavenging on the tracks that you could put saddle on and ride, they were the size of a cat. I am pleased to say that by the time I left the NYC job market and switched to Long Island the rats were gone. Somehow I can't even see them in Petco and go down that aisle, let alone eat one. But I do like the stewed tomatoes!!!!!

Old 12-11-2017, 09:14 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,284,244 times
I feel the need to chime in here. Next to rdlr, my relationship with that ‘crunchy on the outside, soft and warm on the inside’ Delaware delicacy probably goes back further than anyone here on c-d. I first was exposed to scrapple when visiting my uncle and aunt, who had moved to Marydel in the late 1960’s. So about 50 years ago the love affair started. We would only visit maybe once a year at most, so it was a rare treat. Fast forward to several years ago, there are a handful of reasons we decided to move here, and I wouldn’t say that scrapple was one of them(certainly not for my wife), but after all those years of being a ‘once a year treat’, it is nice to be able to have it any time the urge hits me. Honestly, if scrapple was a health food, I’d have it 5x a week.
First time I went to Rudy’s restaurant on a Sunday, when they have the buffet, and saw that tray of 1/2 inch squares of scrapple, fried perfectly, I knew it was trouble. Takes a lot of will power not to show up there every week!

Old 12-11-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Just a thought: Jimmys Grille = scrapple
Hey my friend, where’s Jimmys Grille?

Old 12-11-2017, 08:13 PM

You have your choice and if you pick Rehoboth you better come and see me.

Jimmy's Grille - HOME

Old 12-12-2017, 05:08 PM

Joe....Bridgeville, was their first location, before they "graduated" to Rehoboth and Dewey Beach. Of course, Bridgeville is closer to you. I prefer the Bridgeville location because people there all talk like me and the servers call everybody "hon". I didn't notice those traits in Rehoboth.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Joe....Bridgeville, was their first location, before they "graduated" to Rehoboth and Dewey Beach. Of course, Bridgeville is closer to you. I prefer the Bridgeville location because people there all talk like me and the servers call everybody "hon". I didn't notice those traits in Rehoboth.
Ok, looks like Bridgeville wins that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
You have your choice and if you pick Rehoboth you better come and see me.
Don’t worry nuts, many other stores in Rehoboth that my wife likes! We were just there last week to go to the Christmas Tree store( now it’s called ‘And That’). Next time we go we would love to come say hello. We could reminisce about L.I. and make fun of our new home!(just kidding rdlr).😏
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware