Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2018, 12:11 PM

1,680 posts, read 2,555,141 times

Advertisements

The Lewes Historical Society presented "Tavern Talks" held in the Ryves-Holt House built in 1665 and located in downtown Lewes. It was actually used as a Tavern at one time. An article appeared in the Cape Gazette on April 6th and all six Tavern Talks sold out quickly. Only 16 patrons fit in the tavern at a time with 8 actors. Set in 1777, you are in the middle of a play about the politics of the day. It is interactive with the 8 actors. Dogfish provided the beer. You might want to brush up on your Delaware history during the revolutionary war, patriot and loyalist leanings in Kent and Sussex County during 1777 and the Black Monday insurrection at Dover in June 1776.

Absolutely fantastic and you are an active participant in the political talk of the day. Everyone loved it! Well worth the $30 per person ticket. So much so that we were encouraging the Lewes Historical Society to offer this play again.

I just received an email from the Lewes Historical Society today letting us know to keep an eye out for dates that they may offer this play again.

I encourage you to go to the Lewes Historical Society web site and sign up for their emails. Once it shows up as an article in the Cape Gazette I am sure they will sell out all performances quickly.

I believe it is an original play written by a member of the Lewes Historical Society. Some of the characters were based on actual people and others were a composite of several people who lived in Lewes during the Revolutionary war.

Trust me, you don't want to miss an opportunity to attend a Tavern Talk-so keep an eye out for additional dates this play will be performed - and act quickly to get tickets!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2018, 01:12 PM

9,717 posts, read 14,252,784 times
Looks interesting!

Not to be confused with Chadds Ford (PA) and their Tavern Talks that our relatives frequent.
http://www.chaddsfordhistory.org/events/tavern-talks/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: