U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-02-2019, 07:02 AM
 
Location: Former LI'er Now Rehoboth Beach, DE
10,170 posts, read 12,851,666 times
Reputation: 10595

Advertisements

Well not exactly a sighting at this hour, but, I saw a Kohl's ad at 6 a.m. this morning that Santa will be in stores and available for you to take photos tomorrow and for several coming Sundays.

I understand that the retailers are in a panic this year because it is the latest date that Thanksgiving can be, but here is a bit of historical info that I came across. So, it seems that it is 80 years ago that merchants were being considered.

https://www.countryliving.com/life/a...-thanksgiving/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-14-2019, 05:33 PM
 
636 posts, read 272,256 times
Reputation: 1607
Nuts - I don't know if you've noticed it, but the marquee in front of The Big Chill Surf Club/Taco Reho says "Stop Premature Christmas Decorating". Made me laugh - and think of your post.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2019, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Former LI'er Now Rehoboth Beach, DE
10,170 posts, read 12,851,666 times
Reputation: 10595
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
Nuts - I don't know if you've noticed it, but the marquee in front of The Big Chill Surf Club/Taco Reho says "Stop Premature Christmas Decorating". Made me laugh - and think of your post.
Yes, we were only talking about that this weekend when we went to dinner. The trees are all lit at the outlets and they are all decorated. I was down town Rehoboth tonight and the poles are decorated but not lit and they are preparing the gazebo area for the arrival of the tree. The tree lighting is the day after Thanksgiving and the is when downtown will be all lit up and the Christmas parade is on Dec. 3.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2019, 07:30 PM
Status: "Lovin' the off season!" (set 5 hours ago)
 
Location: Ocean View, DE
1,856 posts, read 3,352,520 times
Reputation: 1282
We were just in downtown Rehoboth tonight as well and noticed the decorations. Some stores were starting to decorate too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2019, 07:49 PM
 
636 posts, read 272,256 times
Reputation: 1607
We're in downtown Rehoboth a few times a week and Santa's House was placed on the boardwalk near the bandstand about 2 weeks ago. Santa does not seem to be in residence just yet. People may not have noticed, but they actually had begun putting lights in the trees before the Sea Witch weekend.

We were wondering if they were lighting them yet, so your post tells me that hasn't happened just yet. This is our first Christmas as full time residents, so thanks for including the information on the tree lighting and the Christmas parade - I'll look up times, etc.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2019, 08:18 PM
 
Location: Former LI'er Now Rehoboth Beach, DE
10,170 posts, read 12,851,666 times
Reputation: 10595
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
We're in downtown Rehoboth a few times a week and Santa's House was placed on the boardwalk near the bandstand about 2 weeks ago. Santa does not seem to be in residence just yet. People may not have noticed, but they actually had begun putting lights in the trees before the Sea Witch weekend.

We were wondering if they were lighting them yet, so your post tells me that hasn't happened just yet. This is our first Christmas as full time residents, so thanks for including the information on the tree lighting and the Christmas parade - I'll look up times, etc.

Here you go.

Beach-fun.net. It will give you all you need to know about the goings on.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2019, 05:50 AM
 
636 posts, read 272,256 times
Reputation: 1607
Thanks, Nuts2uiam!! I hadn't heard of that site and will add it to the places I check for area events!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2019, 06:42 AM
 
Location: Former LI'er Now Rehoboth Beach, DE
10,170 posts, read 12,851,666 times
Reputation: 10595
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
Thanks, Nuts2uiam!! I hadn't heard of that site and will add it to the places I check for area events!
The is the go to for all things in the area it is driven by the chamber of Commerce of Rehoboth and Dewey and it has EVERTHING you will ever need to know. In fact, if you scroll to the bottom of this page in the link below and put in your email you will get the updates in your mail. I personally know all the people that work there and they are just the best people on the face of the earth.

https://www.beach-fun.com/events/current-events.html
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2019, 06:43 PM
 
636 posts, read 272,256 times
Reputation: 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
The is the go to for all things in the area it is driven by the chamber of Commerce of Rehoboth and Dewey and it has EVERTHING you will ever need to know. In fact, if you scroll to the bottom of this page in the link below and put in your email you will get the updates in your mail. I personally know all the people that work there and they are just the best people on the face of the earth.

https://www.beach-fun.com/events/current-events.html
Thanks for that tip - I've just signed up and appreciate you sharing that information. Nice to know the people at the Chamber of Commerce are awesome people - it doesn't surprise me. I worked for a Convention and Visitors Association for another city for a number of years during my working life and there were some wonderful people there who worked hard and loved what they did.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2019, 05:24 PM
 
2,294 posts, read 1,096,902 times
Reputation: 1225
So he/she wasn't drunk?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top