U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2019, 08:47 AM

10,193 posts, read 12,875,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Merry Christmas from Upper SLD
Hope everyone's garbage gets collected in a timely manner.
MERRY CHRISTMAS, from Rehoboth. Slept in til 8 which is really, really, really late for me. I had 36 here on Thursday, so I guess it finally caught up to me. Breakfast done and now the Mimosa's and gifts.

Merry Christmas one and all.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2019, 03:40 PM

405 posts, read 564,465 times
Merry Christmas, rdlr.

Old 12-25-2019, 06:07 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,354,972 times
Busy, busy, busy-- yet having lots of fun down here in Ocean View....and staying busy until New Year! Merry Christmas, everyone!

Old 12-25-2019, 08:18 PM

640 posts, read 274,208 times
Merry Christmas to all from Lewes! We drove the road to the Baltimore area and back for one family gathering today and will be heading to southern Maryland on Saturday. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, safe travels and/or recovery from guests (36? nuts2uiam??) and a Happy New Year!!!

Old 12-25-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
Merry Christmas to all from Lewes! We drove the road to the Baltimore area and back for one family gathering today and will be heading to southern Maryland on Saturday. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, safe travels and/or recovery from guests (36? nuts2uiam??) and a Happy New Year!!!
Yes, 36. I have an annual Christmas party every year and this year we were smaller than last. I am very tired this year though and I am choosing to discount the possibility that age is playing into it and going with the season was so compressed that I literally was running from Black Friday on til today.

After all left on Thursday we cleaned up til 1:30 when I sat down for a cocktail and went to bed at 2:30. I fell fast asleep and then got up at 5:15 threw in two loads of laundry and did some running around and Friday night I sleep like a baby. I made sauce and cooked the meat on Sunday and then we decorated at the church on Monday. Today after making dinner and cleaning up (with help) my legs feel like rubber and I think I am going to drop very shortly and relax. We are headed to NY on Sunday for a quick trip.

Old 12-26-2019, 10:57 AM

640 posts, read 274,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Yes, 36. I have an annual Christmas party every year and this year we were smaller than last. I am very tired this year though and I am choosing to discount the possibility that age is playing into it and going with the season was so compressed that I literally was running from Black Friday on til today.

After all left on Thursday we cleaned up til 1:30 when I sat down for a cocktail and went to bed at 2:30. I fell fast asleep and then got up at 5:15 threw in two loads of laundry and did some running around and Friday night I sleep like a baby. I made sauce and cooked the meat on Sunday and then we decorated at the church on Monday. Today after making dinner and cleaning up (with help) my legs feel like rubber and I think I am going to drop very shortly and relax. We are headed to NY on Sunday for a quick trip.
Oh, Nuts2uiam, it sounds like you were busy enough to justify being tired - at any age - and to possibly have earned your name - nuts2uiam LOL - but a very giving person. Since we moved here and the rest of our families are in different locations in Maryland - we'll be spending about 23 hours in our car over 6 days driving to various family gatherings. However, that includes a birthday party we felt we had to attend in PA earlier in the week (why, why, why would someone who lives in DE hold a birthday party in PA a few days before Christmas and fully expect friends from 5 states will come??) On the other hand, I usually hosted both family gatherings most years in the past - nothing the size of yours - so that was a lot of work and expense that I didn't have this year. I just had/have to bring few things to each to help out. Our last one is on Saturday and I'll do the cooking/baking tomorrow for that and then get buckled up for the last 8-10 hour round trip. Tis the Season!!

I hope you can kick back and relax for the rest of the holiday season - or at least it's a bit less crazy for you. Christmas is/can be a marathon for sure!!

Old 12-27-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
Oh, Nuts2uiam, it sounds like you were busy enough to justify being tired - at any age - and to possibly have earned your name - nuts2uiam LOL - but a very giving person. Since we moved here and the rest of our families are in different locations in Maryland - we'll be spending about 23 hours in our car over 6 days driving to various family gatherings. However, that includes a birthday party we felt we had to attend in PA earlier in the week (why, why, why would someone who lives in DE hold a birthday party in PA a few days before Christmas and fully expect friends from 5 states will come??) On the other hand, I usually hosted both family gatherings most years in the past - nothing the size of yours - so that was a lot of work and expense that I didn't have this year. I just had/have to bring few things to each to help out. Our last one is on Saturday and I'll do the cooking/baking tomorrow for that and then get buckled up for the last 8-10 hour round trip. Tis the Season!!

I hope you can kick back and relax for the rest of the holiday season - or at least it's a bit less crazy for you. Christmas is/can be a marathon for sure!!
I feel your pain. The first 3 years we were married we were in the car zig zagging all over Long Island. My family only did Christmas Day, DH did both. We started out at DH's brother's house on Christmas Eve, then Christmas morning we were expected at his mom's for brunch at 10:00 followed by a post brunch gathering at his sisters at 2 and then finally on to my parent's house for dinner. We were within 20 miles all around, but were so beat that by the time we got to my parent's house we really didn't want to eat dinner. The first year was a little better since the sister was not yet married, so it was more spread out on Christmas Day and we got to my family earlier. We did the above the next 2 years. Then we decided that since we were too rushed to exchange our own gifts to each other in a relaxed and enjoyable fashion we did his brother's and my parents. I think my MIL actually breathed a sigh of relief as it was a lot of work for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware