U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 09:53 AM

2,344 posts, read 545,171 times

Advertisements

I special ordered a GE freezer couple years ago at Lowes. After 5 week wait where nobody could determine where in the pipeline it was, finally they called that it arrived. I go there, the guy on duty comes wheeling it out on a four wheel cart. Its encased in huge cardboard box. Asks where I am parked, he wheels it out in parking lot and him and I together lift one end into pickup and slide it in. Luckily no problems with it, wouldnt wanted to wrestle it back into pickup by myself.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2020, 10:51 AM

653 posts, read 284,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim man View Post
Sorry
Nice of you to apologize, jim man. We're all in this together, so we may as well get along!!

Hope you're all hunkered down and holding onto your hats, as it's mighty windy out there! Here's to hoping we all hang onto our power!!

Old 02-07-2020, 11:56 AM

7,533 posts, read 8,732,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Thanks. DH and I are both thrilled she is here. She like us, unfortunately is childless. She lost her hubby 2 years ago and it has been a worry that she was alone in NY. The moving van came on Monday so we are still unpacking as she has work being done in the house, so it will be a while before we are all done.
It’s nice that the three of you have found a home in Delaware. I hope you have many happy years there.

Old 02-07-2020, 01:17 PM

8,208 posts, read 11,872,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
Nice of you to apologize, jim man. We're all in this together, so we may as well get along!!

Hope you're all hunkered down and holding onto your hats, as it's mighty windy out there! Here's to hoping we all hang onto our power!!
I second that emotion...... O.K. NOW, EVERYBODY SING!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sti_tuBiv5g

Yep, windy in mid Kent County, too!

Old 02-07-2020, 02:00 PM

653 posts, read 284,864 times
I like the way you think, rdlr. This morning someone said "here comes the sun" and I immediately started to play that Beatles song in my head. Oh my heavens, but does your YouTube clip take me back!

Old 02-07-2020, 02:17 PM

8,208 posts, read 11,872,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
I like the way you think, rdlr. This morning someone said "here comes the sun" and I immediately started to play that Beatles song in my head. Oh my heavens, but does your YouTube clip take me back!
Yep, me too! Life's too short to be miserable. I also play some of my favorites over and over in my head.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:10 PM

10,306 posts, read 13,019,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
It’s nice that the three of you have found a home in Delaware. I hope you have many happy years there.
Thanks. We have been very happy here and now I have one less worry as we are together. As I have said before De. may not be perfect for everyone, but for us, it just is every thing we need.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:16 PM

9,447 posts, read 5,042,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim man View Post
Is it possible you looked weak they were just helping you out?
Is it possible that you didn't read thoroughly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware