U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2020, 05:24 PM

306 posts, read 416,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
All of Delaware will remain in Phase 2, with Phase 3 delayed indefinitely.
Here's a plan. Try to practice social distancing as much as possible now. Then let the fall's second wave ride out. These phases don't mean jack squat if a fall second wave is inevitable, as we have been conditioned to believe.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 06:44 PM

643 posts, read 280,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngprodigy21 View Post
Here's a plan. Try to practice social distancing as much as possible now. Then let the fall's second wave ride out. These phases don't mean jack squat if a fall second wave is inevitable, as we have been conditioned to believe.
And WEAR YOUR MASK and wash, wash, wash your hands! We went to the WalMart in Milford today (first time in a WalMart for about 4 months) and I'm happy to say that I didn't encounter a single person not wearing a mask, which was a welcome experience.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:34 PM

581 posts, read 173,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Hot off the presses. Face Masks required in Rehoboth including on the beach.

https://www.capegazette.com/node/204506?source=email-bn

Well, on the bright side my face won't get sunburned when I visit the beach this week. I am just glad the only thing they closed are the bars. I really don't care about those. I rather waste my calories on Kohrs Brothers or Dolly's than booze. Speaking of which, how do you eat an ice cream cone with a mask on? I wonder if they let you take it off for that.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingLiberty1919D View Post
Well, on the bright side my face won't get sunburned when I visit the beach this week. I am just glad the only thing they closed are the bars. I really don't care about those. I rather waste my calories on Kohrs Brothers or Dolly's than booze. Speaking of which, how do you eat an ice cream cone with a mask on? I wonder if they let you take it off for that.
I feel the same way, Walking Liberty - or maybe a caramel apple or Fisher's Popcorn, etc. Oh, I wish you hadn't mentioned Kohr's. Now I think I'm going to have to get one. Hmmm, maybe a drive to the Kohr's on Coastal Highway in Fenwick, which may be a little less congested.

To answer your question, it was my observation that you were allowed to remove or lower your mask while you were eating something before. It's a new world order (Yay!), but I would think they'd allow that kind of flexibility!!

Old 07-01-2020, 07:18 AM

581 posts, read 173,716 times
Quote:
I feel the same way, Walking Liberty - or maybe a caramel apple or Fisher's Popcorn, etc. Oh, I wish you hadn't mentioned Kohr's. Now I think I'm going to have to get one. Hmmm, maybe a drive to the Kohr's on Coastal Highway in Fenwick, which may be a little less congested.

To answer your question, it was my observation that you were allowed to remove or lower your mask while you were eating something before. It's a new world order (Yay!), but I would think they'd allow that kind of flexibility!!

I forgot about Fishers! Mmm. Half the reason I am stopping at the beach on my way home (well, my parent's house/my childhood home) is to eat food, haha. The other half is to swim in the ocean and recharge my batteries a little. I am not one for bar hopping or the party life.

Thanks for letting me know. I kind of figured they must permit removing a mask to eat and, since they are required on the beach now, to re-apply sunscreen to the face.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:27 AM

8,198 posts, read 11,850,916 times
We've very fortunate to have a "small town vacation getaway" 3 blocks from our house, and walking distance in the Town of Wyoming. Tre Sorelle Dolc (Three Sweet Sisters) is a drive thru, fresh dipped ice cream venue with a brand new, picturesque miniature golf course, and when the pandemic allows....a brand new old fashioned ice cream/Italian ice cream parlor. The owner has spent lots of time and money adding appointments, such as, a couple of older gas tanks, old fashioned gliders and iron seating under a covered porch, and gazebos/outdoor seating areas. Sometimes, there are volunteer guitar players with sing-alongs. Every evening, the townspeople gather and we've observed all wearing face masks, and practicing social distancing. This is really a valued and beautiful thing for us to enjoy in Kent County. No traffic, no crowds, and safe.
https://www.google.com/search?sa=G&r...w=1536&bih=723

Old 07-01-2020, 07:31 AM

10,256 posts, read 12,962,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
We've very fortunate to have a "small town vacation getaway" 3 blocks from our house, and walking distance in the Town of Wyoming. Tre Sorelle Dolc (Three Sweet Sisters) is a drive thru, fresh dipped ice cream venue with a brand new, picturesque miniature golf course, and when the pandemic allows....a brand new old fashioned ice cream/Italian ice cream parlor. The owner has spent lots of time and money adding appointments, such as, a couple of older gas tanks, old fashioned gliders and iron seating under a covered porch, and gazebos/outdoor seating areas. Every evening, the townspeople gather and we've observed all wearing face masks, and practicing social distancing. This is really a valued and beautiful thing for us to enjoy in Kent County.
SHHHH, don't tell anyone.

Old 07-01-2020, 01:11 PM

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 5079 +14
KENT 1699 + 9
SUSSEX 4690+9

Hospitalizations 68 +4

No point in trying to figure these numbers out.

Old 07-01-2020, 05:45 PM

I don't know how these statistics work, but do you think there is any chance the positives are counted for the person's principal state of residence? I recall at some point reading a resident of DE died in a hospital in MD and the death was counted in Delaware, as opposed to Maryland.

When listening to the news conference, I could have misheard, but I believe the Governor said many/most of the people resided in DE, but they weren't full-time residents - I'm paraphrasing. I believe the point was that the positives weren't made up of all tourists, but people who were currently living in DE - servers, lifeguards, etc. But if their driver's license is MD, PA, NJ, NY, etc - wherever they normally live, would they be counted as a positive in that state or where the testing was done?

Old 07-01-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I don't know how these statistics work, but do you think there is any chance the positives are counted for the person's principal state of residence? I recall at some point reading a resident of DE died in a hospital in MD and the death was counted in Delaware, as opposed to Maryland.

When listening to the news conference, I could have misheard, but I believe the Governor said many/most of the people resided in DE, but they weren't full-time residents - I'm paraphrasing. I believe the point was that the positives weren't made up of all tourists, but people who were currently living in DE - servers, lifeguards, etc. But if their driver's license is MD, PA, NJ, NY, etc - wherever they normally live, would they be counted as a positive in that state or where the testing was done?
Lyn,
Anything is possible but they said they tested 1300 the other day and just going by the odds if even 10% were positive that would be 130 and the numbers just are not making sense. There was another testing today. Dr Tam, CEO of Beebe, said in the first 45 minutes they tested 300 of the 1000 they planned on today. Thursday is more testing. I will keep reporting but I remain puzzled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware