U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2020, 06:23 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,830,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Those cases count, you know. There really are 93 cases in SC yesterday - not “just 11.” I’m guessing you didn’t mean it that way and agree that it calls for Christian charity to be as concerned for them as for every other person suffering from covid.
The 91 cases exist, what I am saying is that they may have occurred several weeks or months ago and are only now updating the total. They make analysis of a current 7 day trend line very difficult if not impossible since we don't know how long ago they occurred and when to expect them to be added to the totals.

I would much rather see additional cases found by review of the data added on a specific day of the following month. I.e. additional cases found by review reported on the 15th of each month.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2020, 07:47 AM

7,533 posts, read 8,688,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary2014 View Post
The 91 cases exist, what I am saying is that they may have occurred several weeks or months ago and are only now updating the total. They make analysis of a current 7 day trend line very difficult if not impossible since we don't know how long ago they occurred and when to expect them to be added to the totals.

I would much rather see additional cases found by review of the data added on a specific day of the following month. I.e. additional cases found by review reported on the 15th of each month.
Understand completely - I misinterpreted your post. I apologize for inferring you were unconcerned with the cases reported from the correctional institute.

Old 08-07-2020, 08:12 AM

10,180 posts, read 12,863,602 times
The "fault" here is the premise. When this started, it was my understanding that these were actual reported confirmed cases and they were daily reports. Turns out that is not the case. There was a "dump" a while back for cases that were, til that point not thought to be Covid-19. There are no footnotes as to what changed that number. I will assume it has to do with the death certificate reports that finally were caught up with Public Health. Again, I don 't know.

Thus, we really have a meaningless number in terms of current "actuality" in DE with the cases. It is however, a barometer of sorts, to use for decision making and justification, with the reality being that the number is no more valid than the control group used to arrive at it. I will bet that Dr. Rattay of DOH, would agree with that statement.

It is certainly no worse than other states tally of cases.

Old 08-07-2020, 12:09 PM

29,042 posts, read 28,029,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Understand completely - I misinterpreted your post. I apologize for inferring you were unconcerned with the cases reported from the correctional institute.
#hoosegowlivesmatter. Sorry. Blame it all on my roots.

Old 08-07-2020, 12:15 PM

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 7130 + 38
KENT 2268 +21
SUSSEX 5803 + 17

Hospitalizations No data
Critical No data

Wonder why no data available?

N.B. If you wait long enough it gets edited. It took a 1/2 hour for the numbers to come up.

Hospitalizations 37 - 8

Critical 15 UNCHANGED

Last edited by nuts2uiam; 08-07-2020 at 12:51 PM..

Old 08-08-2020, 09:34 AM

Sorry to derail this but I had to go to a "happy place" yesterday and for me that is Christmas time. Just wondering IF, you still send cards, will you do so this year?

I do, and more than I would like, but, we did move. Wondering what others think? Maybe I should start a thread elsewhere.

Last edited by nuts2uiam; 08-08-2020 at 10:21 AM..

Old 08-08-2020, 09:38 AM

103 posts, read 131,842 times
My wife & I went to the state health department's testing site at the Walgreens in Bridgeville yesterday. It is a drive thru site with no cost, symptoms, physicians order's or appointments needed. There wasn't much of a line and the whole process took about a half hour. The only documents requested was your drivers license or state issued I.D.. I felt the site and process was well run and overall was not an unpleasant experience. We are aware of the recent issues involving some test results from that location.

I am curious if our results stats will count towards Kent County where we reside or Sussex County where we were tested.

Old 08-08-2020, 11:53 AM

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 7161 + 31
KENT 2277 +9
SUSSEX 5821 + 18

Hospitalizations 36 -1

Critical 11 -4

Old 08-08-2020, 03:15 PM

8,167 posts, read 11,815,859 times
https://delawarestatenews.net/corona...t-since-march/

Maybe things are getting better. Fewest hospitalizations since March.

Old 08-09-2020, 07:06 AM

637 posts, read 273,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Sorry to derail this but I had to go to a "happy place" yesterday and for me that is Christmas time. Just wondering IF, you still send cards, will you do so this year?

I do, and more than I would like, but, we did move. Wondering what others think? Maybe I should start a thread elsewhere.
Nuts - we still send cards and will definitely send cards this year. Most years, I started ridiculously early because I like to write individual notes to everyone and that takes time during a time of year when we're usually pretty busy. It just seems more important than ever to remain connected to people in whatever way we can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware