U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2020, 04:18 PM

10,200 posts, read 12,891,375 times

Advertisements

The City of Rehoboth has been getting an earful from the merchants. Agave, who was all set to build in town next to Summerhouse and in fact actually broke ground has covered the foundation and water lines filled it in and has cancelled and they said they are not at liberty to discuss this until the end of September, but it is not Covid related. I will bet that the closures impacted them so the building process was slowed. I am wondering if they aren't in negotiations to take over Nicola's space as it is set up for a restaurant already.

The Chamber has been lobbying the Governor to go to phase 3 so they could open a bit more. I have to believe this is his little bend to appear to cooperate with the business people downtown with out putting too many at risk.

Won't matter to me I am staying how still.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 06:04 PM

640 posts, read 275,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
The City of Rehoboth has been getting an earful from the merchants. Agave, who was all set to build in town next to Summerhouse and in fact actually broke ground has covered the foundation and water lines filled it in and has cancelled and they said they are not at liberty to discuss this until the end of September, but it is not Covid related. I will bet that the closures impacted them so the building process was slowed. I am wondering if they aren't in negotiations to take over Nicola's space as it is set up for a restaurant already.

The Chamber has been lobbying the Governor to go to phase 3 so they could open a bit more. I have to believe this is his little bend to appear to cooperate with the business people downtown with out putting too many at risk.

Earlier this year - and it's been some time because we stopped walking in Rehoboth in March - we noticed that after some foundation work had been done, it was then Undone. We didn't know if there were permit issues or what, but then work seemed to come to a halt. Now that would be great if Agave took over the Nicola space, as it would mean Rehoboth Avenue wouldn't lose a restaurant.

Like many of the rest of you, we aren't planning to emerge until after Labor Day is over. In normal times, we'd have done the same thing, but wouldn't have been in hibernation in the months prior. We don't go out many places, but when we've gone to downtown Lewes (Post Office and Lewes Puzzles) most of the people seem to be observing the mandatory masks in many places from 10A-8P - but we're usually there in the AM when there aren't many people around. Masks worn under the nose is one of my pet peeves.

Watching WBOC news and they're showing the signs posted about masks being required 8A-2A and yet people walking past the reporter or on footage apparently filmed earlier today, I'd say 25-40% of the people have no mask - OR - it's being worn dangling from an ear. The article I read a month or two ago that equated OC to the Wild Wild West cracked me up.

Happy September everyone!

Old 09-03-2020, 12:23 PM

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 8360 + 75 Once again, yesterday's number I posted wrong
KENT 2655 + 16
SUSSEX 6346 +11 Ditto this one from yesterday

Hospitalizations 60 -2
Critical 12 +3

Old 09-04-2020, 12:38 PM

NCC 8415 + 55
KENT 2678 + 23
SUSSEX 6365 + 19

Hospitalizations 58 -2
Critical 12 n/c

Old 09-05-2020, 01:05 PM

NCC 8516 +101
KENT 2699 + 21
SUSSEX 6374 + 11

Hospitalizations 58 n/c
Critical 12 n/c

Old 09-06-2020, 07:13 AM

We had an outdoor birthday party to go to yesterday and we were distanced by our self imposed control measures, and a couple who are full time from April - November commented that they had gone to Browseabout to get the paper and take a walk and they turned around and ran (not literally) because it was so crowded on the avenue yesterday.

Old 09-06-2020, 07:26 AM

8,179 posts, read 11,825,433 times
Quote:
We had an outdoor birthday party to go to yesterday and we were distanced by our self imposed control measures, and a couple who are full time from April - November commented that they had gone to Browseabout to get the paper and take a walk and they turned around and ran (not literally) because it was so crowded on the avenue yesterday.
Not surprised - Tourist Town, Beautiful Weather, Bars Open = Lots of People
Meanwhile, Kent County was quiet, as usual, and just a blip on the map for tourists as they race through Dover

Old 09-06-2020, 07:42 AM

6,630 posts, read 7,360,303 times
Quote:

I believe Agave canceled its expansion before the outbreak. I recall reading this in one of the local papers several months ago, before March.

Old 09-06-2020, 08:32 AM

I just came across an article on Agave, and it indicates that they are still coming to Rehoboth, but not the location on Rehoboth Avenue. Like Nicola Pizza, their Rehoboth location will be on Coastal Highway.

https://www.capegazette.com/article/...h-beach/207674

As nuts had indicated, the decision not to build on Rehoboth Avenue wasn't Covid-related. As much as I love and frequent Rehoboth Avenue, parking can be such an issue that I can see where restaurants would fare better from both a visibility and a parking standpoint on Coastal Highway.

Old 09-06-2020, 08:40 AM

I was reading an article about the wedding in Maine that we've probably all heard about that has resulted in 147 new cases (some as far away as 100 & 200 miles) and 3 deaths - link below. The article had what I think is about the best analogy of the spread of Covid I've ever seen. It reminds me of how I find sparkles everywhere after unwrapping our Christmas tree ornaments and decoration - or after wrapping/unwrapping a gift with the tissue that has sparkles or glitter in it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...id=hplocalnews

"What we are dealing with is a giant tube of glitter. You open a tube of glitter in your basement then two weeks later you are in the attic and all you find is glitter and have no idea how it got there," Maine CDC Director Dr. Nirav Shah said on Aug. 25.

"That's what Covid-19 is like,” he continued. “You open up glitter in Millinocket and next thing you know you are finding traces of it at a jail complex in York County. It's just emblematic of how quickly, silently and efficiently it can spread."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware