Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2020, 06:03 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,869,863 times

Advertisements

At least 6 of those people yesterday came from our community, 2 of them are 2 houses down and across the street from us. The lady had to go to the hospital (we watched the ambulance arrive) as she was having problems and has diabetes. One woman had been visiting them frequently and tested positive. Another 3 are a couple and their daughter who live in the same house. I know all 6 of them personally but at least haven't been around them at all. There are rumors of another couple but I don't know them or if the rumors are true.

Getting way too close to home.

Lyndyb.........well, when people act like children, they get treated like children! I'm really tired of this "my rights" s%$& (poop to be nice). I'm sorry but your rights end where mine begin. And mine are to stay healthy and keep DH healthy so he can have his necessary surgery in January. (Yes, it's necessary...pre-cancerous lesion needs to be removed before it starts to spread.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2020, 07:31 AM

829 posts, read 628,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
At least 6 of those people yesterday came from our community, 2 of them are 2 houses down and across the street from us. The lady had to go to the hospital (we watched the ambulance arrive) as she was having problems and has diabetes. One woman had been visiting them frequently and tested positive. Another 3 are a couple and their daughter who live in the same house. I know all 6 of them personally but at least haven't been around them at all. There are rumors of another couple but I don't know them or if the rumors are true.

Getting way too close to home.

Lyndyb.........well, when people act like children, they get treated like children! I'm really tired of this "my rights" s%$& (poop to be nice). I'm sorry but your rights end where mine begin. And mine are to stay healthy and keep DH healthy so he can have his necessary surgery in January. (Yes, it's necessary...pre-cancerous lesion needs to be removed before it starts to spread.)

I've always said that if we get Covid, it'll be right here in our neighborhood (only 34 houses). We mostly stay in, but neighbors come to the door for one reason or another. In walking to get our mail, we'll run into neighbors and stop and chat, but have started to try to avoid that, as some don't keep enough distance for our comfort and I've had one person sneeze and another have a coughing fit, neither covering their mouth or stepping further back or away. Even in healthy times, I'd find this bad behavior - but after seeing your post, Rothbear, I realize I'm not being paranoid, but realistic about my concerns. This is creeping closer and closer to us all. I hope all your neighbors recover - and that your husband's surgery goes well, Rothbear.

I've become so disgusted by people spouting the whole "my rights/my freedoms", not wearing masks, etc., that I've begun to feel like a pinch faced witch (being polite) that's wound too tight about people who won't observe protocols. It's been really interesting to see how family/friends have approached this and I'm been impressed by some and kind of shocked by others. I can't tell you how many people have told me how "super cautious" they're being, only to realize their definition is far different from mine when I hear the things they've continued to do. I've learned it's best to limit contact with everyone, so I'll probably need to be resocialized when this is over. LOL

Old 12-13-2020, 08:00 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
I've always said that if we get Covid, it'll be right here in our neighborhood (only 34 houses). We mostly stay in, but neighbors come to the door for one reason or another. In walking to get our mail, we'll run into neighbors and stop and chat, but have started to try to avoid that, as some don't keep enough distance for our comfort and I've had one person sneeze and another have a coughing fit, neither covering their mouth or stepping further back or away. Even in healthy times, I'd find this bad behavior - but after seeing your post, Rothbear, I realize I'm not being paranoid, but realistic about my concerns. This is creeping closer and closer to us all. I hope all your neighbors recover - and that your husband's surgery goes well, Rothbear.

I've become so disgusted by people spouting the whole "my rights/my freedoms", not wearing masks, etc., that I've begun to feel like a pinch faced witch (being polite) that's wound too tight about people who won't observe protocols. It's been really interesting to see how family/friends have approached this and I'm been impressed by some and kind of shocked by others. I can't tell you how many people have told me how "super cautious" they're being, only to realize their definition is far different from mine when I hear the things they've continued to do. I've learned it's best to limit contact with everyone, so I'll probably need to be resocialized when this is over. LOL
Lyndyb, you are so right. I will go outside the house to grab the mail without a mask, but I honestly do look before I go so I can avoid running into anyone. I have run to the store mid day much to my chagrin, but I had to go. Generally I will go early.

Rothbear, how is your daughter doing? I know you wanted to go see her. I guess a zoom Christmas or facebook Christmas is in store. I echo your sentiments and I too, want to tell some of them that unless they pay attention they will end up as one of those "incorrect statistics".

I want to take a ride into town at night and see the lights. My sister reminded me that I have not been there at night. I also want to check out the new Nativity and then Apple Electric and then Lewes houses. I am trying my best to be festive, but this year it all seems like an effort as opposed to the years where the effort was fun.

Old 12-13-2020, 12:58 PM

Todays's numbers over/under

NCC 26,089 +318
KENT 6,989 + 86
SUSSEX 12,286 + 178

Hospitalizations 357 +9

Critical 55 +3

Old 12-13-2020, 02:32 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,869,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Lyndyb, you are so right. I will go outside the house to grab the mail without a mask, but I honestly do look before I go so I can avoid running into anyone. I have run to the store mid day much to my chagrin, but I had to go. Generally I will go early.

Rothbear, how is your daughter doing? I know you wanted to go see her. I guess a zoom Christmas or facebook Christmas is in store. I echo your sentiments and I too, want to tell some of them that unless they pay attention they will end up as one of those "incorrect statistics".
DH and I went for a walk yesterday to deliver the few Christmas cards in the neighborhood. A couple were also walking (no masks although they were distancing) and had to stop to talk with everyone always standing in the middle of the street (some of our streets have no sidewalks and can be narrow). They were ahead of us and the first time we stood back from them and waited and they finally got the hint and moved on. The next time they stopped and we stopped and they just kept talking. We finally split apart and went up on yards to go around them. They acted as though we were imposing on them.

Nuts.......daughter is doing well. We did make it up for Thanksgiving as NY changed their rules a bit. As long as we got a negative test 72 hours before arriving and stayed inside for 4 days we were ok. Since we didn't go anywhere at all we were ok. DD and SIL had to get tests because of DGD being in daycare. So we were all quarantining for a short period. But at least we got to see them with only 1 very short stop to go to the bathroom each way....armed with Clorox Wipes. Took our lunch with us. Anyway we decided to go then in case things blew up and we couldn't be there for Christmas. Still not sure about that. Would have to follow same protocol. I'm so fed up with all this....as is everyone else!! I didn't retire to stay at home and cook 3 meals a day!! I hate cooking!!

Old 12-13-2020, 05:47 PM

I am going to propose a big meet up for all that can attend once this crap clears. I feel like I know all of you.

Old 12-14-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I am going to propose a big meet up for all that can attend once this crap clears. I feel like I know all of you.
That sounds awesome! I wouldn't be surprised if our paths haven't unknowingly crossed out and about!!

Old 12-14-2020, 11:56 AM

Todays's numbers over/under

NCC 26,653 +564
KENT 7,180 +191
SUSSEX 12,526 +240

Hospitalizations 373 +16

Critical 50 -5

Old 12-14-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
That sounds awesome! I wouldn't be surprised if our paths haven't unknowingly crossed out and about!!
Ya wouldn't recognize me anyway. IF we did cross paths, I was dressed decently (not sweats and sweatshirt), I had mascara on (always wore that - not anymore), I had short hair, it has now almost reached my shoulders, (and for the added bonus round, I have a barrette in it to keep it out of my eyes - looks like 6th grade), it is the same color though, I used to "frost" it and stopped when I was not happy with the results when I moved here, and for the real bonus, I was thinner then.

But we can certainly play pretend, please.

Old 12-14-2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Ya wouldn't recognize me anyway. IF we did cross paths, I was dressed decently (not sweats and sweatshirt), I had mascara on (always wore that - not anymore), I had short hair, it has now almost reached my shoulders, (and for the added bonus round, I have a barrette in it to keep it out of my eyes - looks like 6th grade), it is the same color though, I used to "frost" it and stopped when I was not happy with the results when I moved here, and for the real bonus, I was thinner then.

But we can certainly play pretend, please.
Sounds pretty familiar, nuts. Mascara admittedly ended when we moved here and I joined a pool within the first two weeks. Then came the pandemic - pandemic summer wardrobe was Life is Good Tee Shirts with Lands End Active Shorts. Winter is Lands End Starfish Pants or Starfish Jeans (notice the stretch feature in all the bottoms?) and some kind of sweatshirt or tee shirt top, which I must confess is how I dressed the prior winter - my first in retirement. I wear a ponytail because my former top of the shoulder length is now way too long and I no longer have bangs and I've been grateful that I never colored my hair because all the friends/family that do have returned to the salon due to roots. Right now, I worry the typical extras at Christmas might work me right out of the wardrobe. Sigh. Glad to know I'm not alone. Oh well, we're comfy, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware