U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2020, 04:32 PM

2,120 posts, read 4,190,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I am going to propose a big meet up for all that can attend once this crap clears. I feel like I know all of you.
Would love it! I gave up make-up once I stopped working and my wrinkles caused caking. I had to lose some weight due to my major surgery last year....doc said that it would allow me to have better success. Luckily I haven't put it back on during the pandemic, but then again I haven't lost much more either. Not sure we would have crossed paths as we don't go down to your end much, just a few trips to the outlets over the 5+ years we have been here. More often we drive down and hit some antique and secondhand stores as well as the used book store near Johnny Janosik's. DH is a book hound, he refuses to read anything on an e-reader. He has probably 20 apple boxes full of used books. To confess I have probably 2 boxes myself.

Nuts....I had to laugh about the barrette as I was doing the same thing. I have gotten it cut as I couldn't stand it any more. The Great Clips up here is pretty careful about things. And I never did color my hair, so I was lucky there. I have auburn hair and it only has a smattering of white hairs here and there, so I couldn't see the use or cost.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2020, 04:45 PM

10,236 posts, read 12,935,243 times
Rothbear, The New Life Thrift shop, which is located next to Bethany Blues in Lewes (behind Jiffy Lube) has an extensive collection of paperbacks and they are cheap. I used to volunteer there and the manager is a personal friend of mine. My hair was platinum blonde til 6th grade and it got darker and darker slowly. Now it is more dirty blonde with gray streaks in it. I looked back at old pictures while I was looking for something and I came across a HS shot of me. It had screaming yellow blonde streak that took up the entire front of my head. It looks beyond silly now, kind of like the birds in ladies hair I saw in my mom's yearbook.

Old 12-15-2020, 01:55 PM

Todays's numbers over/under

NCC 27,095 +442
KENT 7,293 +113
SUSSEX 12,651+125

Hospitalizations 376 +3

Critical 62 +12

There are going to be 10 more empty chairs this New Years Eve.

Old 12-15-2020, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Rothbear, The New Life Thrift shop, which is located next to Bethany Blues in Lewes (behind Jiffy Lube) has an extensive collection of paperbacks and they are cheap. I used to volunteer there and the manager is a personal friend of mine.
I'll have to remember that after all this "crap" is over. We have heard it is a nice shop but never made it there yet. We have actually hit a few other thrift shops. I also look for Fostoria American and Fenton as well. Love to find bargains.

I have to tell you a story about Lewes. Back in my college days I was a Biology major and had to take "Animal Biology". One of our field trips was to a marine life center on the water in Lewes! We came down for 3 days to study there. I think it was in Jan or Feb and freezing cold! I don't drink coffee, but I do drink tea. I spent 3 days trying to figure out how to drink coffee because they didn't have tea. Never happened, so I jealously watched everyone else get warm "inside". Last day when we were leaving didn't someone find a box of tea bags on a shelf! Anyway, I worked on campus and had a special driving permit to drive PA state owned vehicles. So I was volunteered to drive one of the huge vans down there (and back). Late one evening someone came knocking on my dorm door because one of the guys had walked under the pier in the dark and whacked his head on a rusty nail and they woke me to take him to the hospital. Spent that night and the next day and night "babysitting" his wound. Not even sure that center exists anymore.

I also spent 10 years as a field tech representative for DuPont Medical Products. Looks like I was destined to end up in Delaware!

Old 12-15-2020, 08:41 PM

IF this crap is ever over and we do meet I will trade Bio stories with you as I taught Bio for a while.

Old 12-15-2020, 11:03 PM

29,113 posts, read 28,140,611 times
What's up with the spike in New Castle? Their numbers are high.

Old 12-17-2020, 11:48 AM

I mentioned in a post above about my neighbors being positive and one in the hospital. It is touch and go for now and looks as though she might not make it. In a coma on a respirator. Apparently she supposedly had pneumonia around Thanksgiving but not sure whe was tested for COVID then, but can't imagine she wasn't. May have picked it up later on because of being in a weakened state. My DH spoke with her DH this morning...at a very safe distance and mine in the car...and he isn't doing well emotionally. They celebrated 50 years of marriage in 2018.

She and her husband were the second people we met when moving in. She even cooked supper for us that day....it was a very stressful day for us. We used to play mahjongg together awhile ago but I had to stop due to my health problems and never went back. Her husband seems to be doing OK, but apparently her diabetes kept her from recovering easily.

Please say a prayer for her.

Old 12-17-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
I mentioned in a post above about my neighbors being positive and one in the hospital. It is touch and go for now and looks as though she might not make it. In a coma on a respirator. Apparently she supposedly had pneumonia around Thanksgiving but not sure whe was tested for COVID then, but can't imagine she wasn't. May have picked it up later on because of being in a weakened state. My DH spoke with her DH this morning...at a very safe distance and mine in the car...and he isn't doing well emotionally. They celebrated 50 years of marriage in 2018.

She and her husband were the second people we met when moving in. She even cooked supper for us that day....it was a very stressful day for us. We used to play mahjongg together awhile ago but I had to stop due to my health problems and never went back. Her husband seems to be doing OK, but apparently her diabetes kept her from recovering easily.

Please say a prayer for her.
I certainly will. I am having a 2020 kind of day. We put our tree up yesterday (11 feet and heavy) and it seemed to be leaning a bit this morning. DH, sister and I reset and an hour later it is listing again. I am waiting on the place we bought if from to send one of the boys over to help reset it. This is a great stand but I think the problem is that the tree is off center and the cables are too taut on one side. It is too much for us to pick up. Then as if that is not enough DH took the dog for a walk and found out that 2 of our neighbors have covid. I have not been near either of them and DH was with one over a month ago. While I am somewhat alarmed as it is close to home now. I know where I have been and not been. Prayers on the way.

Old 12-17-2020, 01:43 PM

I am not sure where yesterday's numbers went because I know I did them. maybe I forgot to save them. I will simply write yesterdays number down and go with the usual daily total.

Wed

NCC 27,60
KENT 7462
SUSSEX 12,780

Hospitalizations 400

Critical 54

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 28,075 +473
KENT 7,599 +137
SUSSEX 12,976 +196

Hospitalizations 407 +7

Critical 58 +4

Yesterday 12 people were lost to this virus.

Old 12-17-2020, 01:54 PM

643 posts, read 278,996 times
My hopes and prayers for all your neighbors - this is getting very close to home for many of us. I am frequently having to tell my DH that he has to stop thinking our neighbors are all safe. I have found that there are many definitions of being cautious and few to none are at the level we've maintained. We haven't had anyone into the house since March and darned if he didn't bring the next door neighbor in and they went down to the basement on Sunday - and stayed longer than I felt they should have - inside and with no masks. WTH? Two days later we learn they took a grandchild to school - wearing no mask - and the school has had an infection(s). As I've said before - I've always thought that if we get Covid, it'll be here in the neighborhood - and from my DH's blind spot in his cautiousness.

Hope you are all safe and well - and may your neighbors all recover. Please keep us posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware