Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2021, 10:52 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,116,584 times

Advertisements

There is good news today and bad news. First the good the numbers are down.

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 39,678 + 339
KENT 11,206 +118
SUSSEX 18,328 + 186

Hospitalizations 441 -10
Critical 564 -2

Now the bad news. We lost 14 people yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2021, 12:07 PM

NCC 40,199 + 521
KENT 11,363 +157
SUSSEX 18,570+ 242

Hospitalizations 450 +6
Critical 57 +3

Note maybe I should start drinking, there were not 564 critical the past two days. My bad.

Old 01-18-2021, 11:13 AM

NCC 40,497 + 298
KENT 11,487 +124
SUSSEX 18,762+ 192

Hospitalizations 462 -16
Critical 55 -2

Going down as we get further way from the holidays.

Old 01-18-2021, 12:06 PM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times
We rec'd our first Moderna Vaccine shot this morning. HORRAY! We were told Delaware had no Pfizer vaccine.

The Dover Dept. of Motor Vehicles took advantage of the holiday and hundreds, if not, thousands of seniors showed up to receive the vaccine in their car. It was the perfect time and place! We arrived at 9:05 a.m. and by word of mouth, they were starting at 10 a.m. WRONG! They started at 9 a.m. We made it into the lines, which were 5 or 6, stretching back farther than we could see. The event was very well thought out and planned. From 9:05 a.m. until 10 a.m. we sat still in one of the lines. That was not easy since we've been married 61 years and we were starting to get contrary! Then we started to move, inch by inch, then a big 4-5 car sprint now and then! We went through 4 check-ins, and the workers were extremely friendly and knowledgeable, and numerous DelDot workers directed us, around the huge parking areas. The lines circled around, up and down, and finally we could see the Grand Prize (the vaccination area). Think about having your car inspected! That's where we were headed, to the car inspection tunnel. Approaching the tunnel, we encountered many more worker bees, all smiling and directing.....and there was another question/answer person. Half way through the tunnel, another smiling lady asked for my I.D., again! Then asked me a couple more questions and told me when I receive the vaccination, follow the lines and signs to the parking lot. 'Stay in your car for 15 minutes to see if you have a reaction' she said. While I was nodding my head, she quickly stuck my forearm with no warning. OH! I wasn't expecting her to do that. I mean I thought someone was going to announce 'here it comes' !!! No pain. DONE! I turned to my husband in the passenger side, and the same happened to him. What a relief! We did it! So, we left the tunnel area, were directed to a parking lot, and again told to wait 15 minutes. A couple of ambulances were parked, with nothing to do. Now I'm the proud owner of a VACCINATION CARD saying I've had my first dose. "See you in 3-4 weeks....we'll let you know when" some workers hollered as they waved us out. As we drove out of the Motor V, we saw hundreds of cars coming in, and Bay Road was lined up from both directions. Flashing lights were everywhere directing incoming/outgoing traffic. I quickly kicked it up to 55 miles/hour and sped away....thinking about leftovers and drinks in the fridge. Now I'm waiting for, maybe a bruised and/or sore arm. Right now, I feel just fine. The time it took to get this thing completely over with was: 9:05 a.m. to 11:20 a.m.
Go Get Yours As Soon As Possible! Don't Be Afraid!

Last edited by rdlr; 01-18-2021 at 12:24 PM..

Old 01-18-2021, 03:03 PM

308 posts, read 297,818 times
Are you part of 1a or 1b and how exactly did you get notified?

Old 01-18-2021, 03:16 PM

We are in 1b, 65 and older. I checked the Del.gov website quite often, and never found anything definitive regarding a date. The only reason I knew was because my son, told me Sunday night that "so and so's" grandparents got their Covid vaccine Sunday at the Dept. of Motor Vehicles, and that they were giving it again today, Monday. Even in today's paper, or on the state website, I couldn't find that they were giving it today. But after calling some locals I know here in Kent County, they all verified that today (Monday) is the day. They heard by the grapevine, they said. Had my son not given me a head's up I wouldn't have known. The State of Delaware has really been lacking in getting the word out.

Here's a link I just found of the Dover Motor V. The "tunnel" (inspection lane) in the photo is where the vaccinations are performed.
https://www.wdel.com/news/delaware-m...c01395aee.html

I see in the above article, that there will be appointments made for Tuesday, Jan. 19.

Last edited by rdlr; 01-18-2021 at 03:41 PM..

Old 01-18-2021, 05:12 PM

308 posts, read 297,818 times
Thanks. I'm checking for my parents in the 1b group, but the coronavirus portal is showing its in the 1a still. I heard something about a Facebook post that sent a bunch of people to the location. They were technically a mistake but they had more doses than were getting used so they brought a bunch of seniors in to prevent waste. I could be anywhere in the last 3 phases for various reasons so I'll just have to wait.

I dont see how you make an appointment, unless this is like the Curative test thing where you're telling them what time you want to do it.

Last edited by udelslayer; 01-18-2021 at 05:43 PM..

Old 01-18-2021, 06:23 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,604 times
We got ours today, too! A friend called us Saturday evening who heard on Saturday that they were giving to 65+ and they went then. I read everything on FB about what happened/was happening and they acted like they weren't doing anymore 65+, but that wasn't the case. I was totally confused about the times as my friend said 9-4 but a couple of posts on FB said 10-3 and 10-4. Originally we were going to wait until after lunch, but at 10:30 we decided to hit the road. DH decided to go down Bay Rd instead of behind Winner Hyundai/Ford. Should have gone that way! We were lined up the shoulder clear back past the construction area. Finally got in about 11am and wound around all the twists and turns and pulled out of the waiting area about 2:10pm, so a bit over 3 hours. But it was worth it! I am so happy we got the first one. Now to get the second in 4 weeks.

I was concerned that we might be turned back but the first checkpoint said "We are taking front line workers, first responders and people over 65". Checked our licenses and our paperwork and sent us on our way to the drive through areas. All in all it was very efficiently done. No cutting lines (except for where the ones coming in from Winner were merging into our lane, but no problems), and plenty of DelDOT guys directing everyone around. Once we got through the first major traffic clog and a second less major clog it all went fairly fast. I agree with rdlr....no pain at all! And yes, everyone was so nice. We did notice that they had cut off people from coming in when we were sitting in the post-innoculation wait area. I have heard that they have moved up the 1b to officially start the 19th.

At one point we all halted to allow a guy carrying about 6 large boxes of the vaccine to come across the lot! LET THE MAN THROUGH!!!

Old 01-19-2021, 10:51 AM

NCC 40,753 + 256
KENT 11,548 +61
SUSSEX 18,844+ 82

Hospitalizations 454 + 20 Sorry again, Yesterday's numbers were 434 & 55
Critical 53 -2

Old 01-19-2021, 12:01 PM

The Best News I've Heard:

9,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses were administered over the the past 3-day weekend in Dover!

Just being there as thousands around me were lining up in their cars for their first dose was very encouraging.
I, now, can see the light at the end of the tunnel, since I got my first shot yesterday. I know it takes some time, maybe 10 days or more, to have some level of protection after that first shot. So, I'm anxiously awaiting the day when I receive my second shot. I've read, also, that it will take some time to reach 95% protection even after the second shot. But, I'm feeling very hopeful, for the first time in many months.

Report on side effects: None, until: husband woke up at 2 a.m. with a very sore arm and a fever. After 2 Tylenols, relaxing in his recliner, and a warm blanket, he slept like a baby. By morning he was 100% fine. At 2 a.m. my arm was sore. 2 Tylenols fixed me up. All is good today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware