U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2021, 01:16 PM

2,123 posts, read 4,190,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Report on side effects: None, until: husband woke up at 2 a.m. with a very sore arm and a fever. After 2 Tylenols, relaxing in his recliner, and a warm blanket, he slept like a baby. By morning he was 100% fine. At 2 a.m. my arm was sore. 2 Tylenols fixed me up. All is good today.
So far......We both have sore arms, but that's it. In fact they aren't as sore as they were from the hi dose flu shot back in late Sept. No fever. Mine started to get sore about 9pm last night and DH's not until closer to midnight. Both slept fine. I had some concern about DH since he is recovering from OP surgery last Tuesday, but he seems to be fine. I am hoping that they will do another one at the DMV during President's Day weekend in February so we can get our second and have it done. It would be a great Valentine's Day present!

rdlr........glad to see all is ok with you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2021, 01:30 PM

8,196 posts, read 11,841,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
So far......We both have sore arms, but that's it. In fact they aren't as sore as they were from the hi dose flu shot back in late Sept. No fever. Mine started to get sore about 9pm last night and DH's not until closer to midnight. Both slept fine. I had some concern about DH since he is recovering from OP surgery last Tuesday, but he seems to be fine. I am hoping that they will do another one at the DMV during President's Day weekend in February so we can get our second and have it done. It would be a great Valentine's Day present!

rdlr........glad to see all is ok with you.
Oh, that's wonderful rothbear!!!! Yes, I hope they have the next one available at the same place (Dover Division of Motor Vehicles). My husband has some health issues, is on a blood thinner, and other meds. So I was more concerned with him, than myself. Husbands surgery (maybe 2) are in the near future, but after he receives his 2nd Covid-19 shot. I'm pushing to hold off for that.
Yes! President's Day weekend would be great for the next shot! What a great Valentine's Day present that would be!!! Glad you're doing well, also, rothbear!

Old 01-20-2021, 06:47 AM

10,238 posts, read 12,935,243 times
We are poised for an 8:30 gear up to register here. I am anticipating that the site will crash so it may be a while for us here. Hope springs eternal. Now, I always take two Benadryl as my arm gets an egg on it from the flu vaccine and ever since I started that no problem at all.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
We are poised for an 8:30 gear up to register here. I am anticipating that the site will crash so it may be a while for us here. Hope springs eternal. Now, I always take two Benadryl as my arm gets an egg on it from the flu vaccine and ever since I started that no problem at all.
It was smooth as silk I got in at about 8:33 and registered both DH and I. No problem.

Old 01-20-2021, 12:27 PM

106 posts, read 133,018 times
I was also able to register on-line just after 8:30. As of this writing, I have yet to receive any kind of acknowledgment e-mail or text confirming I'm registered. Has anyone else received anything.

Old 01-20-2021, 01:03 PM

8,196 posts, read 11,841,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
It was smooth as silk I got in at about 8:33 and registered both DH and I. No problem.
Where will you be getting your vaccine? For our second, we want to do the "car thing" again, hopefull at the Dover Motor V. Works better for us, no walking or standing around.

Old 01-20-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Where will you be getting your vaccine? For our second, we want to do the "car thing" again, hopefull at the Dover Motor V. Works better for us, no walking or standing around.
Where ever they tell us. We saw on WRDE that they were setting up a pod at Blue Coast, but thus far nothing. I am hoping I don't need to go far but will travel for vaccine.

I signed up this morning and have not gotten anything back as of yet which I expected.

Old 01-20-2021, 02:35 PM

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 41,012 + 259
KENT 11,620 +72
SUSSEX 18,977 +133

456 +24
Critical 53 n/c

Old 01-20-2021, 03:27 PM

643 posts, read 278,996 times
My husband was able to register at 8:32A this AM. Crossing fingers for word on when/where. I'm in Phase 2, so it'll be a while (mid-April) before I'm eligible, but I'll be very relieved to have DH get vaccinated. Glad some of you were able to get the vaccine or registered!!

Old 01-20-2021, 04:59 PM

15,280 posts, read 4,556,742 times
got my first shot yesterday in Rehoboth. I'm in 1.b.category. below is the link to signup, it may take 100 times before you can get an appointment but eventually one will pop up. Called on Monday, scheduled for next day. Took the wife all day before she didn't get the message There are no appt's available for 30 days. but she eventually got through. They have the Moderna variety. They schedule your second shot for exactly 28 days later at the same location, day, and time and put it on you vaccination card. I was in and out in 30 minutes including the 15 min wait. Doesn't do any good to call the pharmacy, they'll just direct you to the link below.

https://giantfoodsched.rxtouch.com/r...tient/Advisory
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware