U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2021, 06:04 PM

2,123 posts, read 4,190,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Where will you be getting your vaccine? For our second, we want to do the "car thing" again, hopefull at the Dover Motor V. Works better for us, no walking or standing around.
This is my concern as well. What happens when it's time and we can't get an appt? I assume they aren't going to just allow you to walk in somewhere. I was hoping that there would be somewhere on the site registration asking if you already got the first one and which one it was but there wasn't. So unless they manage to hook it up through the phone number I'm not sure how the site would get the info. I saw on the DPH FB page that anyone needing a second should sign up on the site so I did for both of us but it wasn't until later in the morning. I did get an email almost immediately with my confirmation.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2021, 06:33 PM

8,196 posts, read 11,841,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
This is my concern as well. What happens when it's time and we can't get an appt? I assume they aren't going to just allow you to walk in somewhere. I was hoping that there would be somewhere on the site registration asking if you already got the first one and which one it was but there wasn't. So unless they manage to hook it up through the phone number I'm not sure how the site would get the info. I saw on the DPH FB page that anyone needing a second should sign up on the site so I did for both of us but it wasn't until later in the morning. I did get an email almost immediately with my confirmation.
I just e-mailed them. I'm not going just anywhere they want me to go for the second shot. Husband has a hip issue, and can't walk well, or stand for any length of time. I asked for a Drive Thru Location Appointment, for our next shot. (I couldn't find the DPH page to sign up).

Old 01-21-2021, 12:11 PM

10,238 posts, read 12,935,243 times
Today's numbers over/under

NCC 41,472+ 460
KENT 11,737 +117
SUSSEX 19,148 +171

448 -8
Critical 60 + 7

Old 01-22-2021, 01:12 PM

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 41,819+ 347
KENT 11,870 +133
SUSSEX 19,372 +224

420 -28
Critical 59 -1

Old 01-22-2021, 02:25 PM

I rec'd an e-mail response from the Dept. of Public Health, after I asked about when and where I will get my next vaccine shot, and or how do I make an appointment since we need a drive thru location.

The response was
"You'll find out when and where you'll get your next vaccine shot, just like you found out when and where you got your first vaccine shot".

Oh, that's great! The answer is "The Grapevine".

Old 01-22-2021, 03:45 PM

2,123 posts, read 4,190,846 times
Quote:
I rec'd an e-mail response from the Dept. of Public Health, after I asked about when and where I will get my next vaccine shot, and or how do I make an appointment since we need a drive thru location.

The response was
"You'll find out when and where you'll get your next vaccine shot, just like you found out when and where you got your first vaccine shot".

Oh, that's great! The answer is "The Grapevine".
Well, that's really helpful.....NOT! Probably as well as they are doing with the V-Safe program. Apparently it depends on how the computer is feeling whether you get a text/email or not. I got a text on Tuesday but nothing since, DH got Tuesday and Wednesday but nothing since. At our community we have a private FB page and the comments go anywhere from "never got one at all" to "received one every day". All they need to do is set up another 3-day Dover DMV drive-thru and make it for those who go their first one on 1/18 and no one else. You would need your filled out card to get the second one. Oh, and did you see that the CDC has stated that it is OK to go up to 42 days for the second??? I would like to know how Pfizer and Moderna feel about that.

Old 01-22-2021, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Well, that's really helpful.....NOT! Probably as well as they are doing with the V-Safe program. Apparently it depends on how the computer is feeling whether you get a text/email or not.
I have more faith in "The Grapevine" than the Dept. of Public Health site.

Old 01-22-2021, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Well, that's really helpful.....NOT! Probably as well as they are doing with the V-Safe program. Apparently it depends on how the computer is feeling whether you get a text/email or not. I got a text on Tuesday but nothing since, DH got Tuesday and Wednesday but nothing since. At our community we have a private FB page and the comments go anywhere from "never got one at all" to "received one every day". All they need to do is set up another 3-day Dover DMV drive-thru and make it for those who go their first one on 1/18 and no one else. You would need your filled out card to get the second one. Oh, and did you see that the CDC has stated that it is OK to go up to 42 days for the second??? I would like to know how Pfizer and Moderna feel about that.
Hi there. Well we signed up and heard nothing two neighbors got an invitation for their shots today. We also signed up at Walgreens and Beebe. Still hearing nothing although I did read that the big gear up is for next week and they don't want to release where so to avoid people hanging out in the cold if they don't have an invite.

Well I heard Dr Fauci speaking yesterday on the radio and he answered the question regarding the time line for 2nd shot this way. The testing model for Pfizer was 21 days and Moderna was 28 days. He said," I am comfortable with those respective timelines, as that was the science behind the testing." Not sure if he means that the shot is worthless after that or not.

Old 01-22-2021, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
We also signed up at Walgreens and Beebe.
You get to pick your place? I'm calling the Dept. of Motor Vehicles Monday, since we know some people working there. I'm asking if the DMV has any COVID events scheduled for a month from now.

Old 01-22-2021, 05:48 PM

Quote:
You get to pick your place? I'm calling the Dept. of Motor Vehicles Monday, since we know some people working there. I'm asking if the DMV has any COVID events scheduled for a month from now.
We are signing up where ever they are giving them out. Then once we get an appointment and get the shot we will decline the next one that comes up. We just signed up at Walmart too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware