Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2021, 07:50 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,092,947 times

Advertisements

I just received this from the state, but could not copy the seal and large type title.

A Message From the Division of Public Health

It has been a week since Delaware opened a waiting list for COVID-19 vaccination requests, and you are receiving this message because you are one of the people who put your name on it.

Close to 100,000 people have made a vaccination request. About 10,000 people from the list were vaccinated in drive through clinics Saturday and Sunday operated by the Division of Public Health. The health company Curative, which has been part of the state's COVID-19 testing, will begin vaccinations in Dover this week with 750 individuals drawn from the waiting list as well. Another 2,000 from the waiting list will be vaccinated this coming weekend.

We at the Division of Public Health (DPH) thank you for wanting to protect yourself, your family and your community by getting vaccinated, and we want to get you protected as soon as we can.

The most common question we've heard from people who signed up has been:

"Why haven't I gotten an invitation to make a vaccination appointment yet?"

Answer: Simple math. Vaccination production is still limited, and vaccines are allocated by the federal government and sent to the states in batches each week.
For the last several weeks, Delaware's proportional share has been 15,000 to 20,000 doses a week.
The Phase 1A group of health care workers and emergency responders who were first eligible to be vaccinated is about 70,000 people in Delaware.
Phase 1B, which opened last week and is comprised of individuals 65 and older as well as workers in essential services like food production or transportation, is about 200,000 people--each of those 270,000 people will need two doses, for a total of 540,000 doses.

If you haven't received an invitation to be vaccinated yet it's because we haven't had enough vaccine to offer it to you. The waiting list has only been taking those 65 and older so far. The first invitations for the vaccinations went to those within the 65+ group most at risk for getting COVID or from having serious complications: those who are the oldest and those with chronic medical conditions, especially multiple conditions. You haven't received an invitation to be vaccinated yet because the limited appointments have been offered to others, starting with those most at risk.
Our goal is to expand the network of vaccination opportunities in coming weeks. Our plan is that many -- if not most -- people will eventually be vaccinated through:
a medical provider
a pharmacy
an employer
at a vaccine clinic in your neighborhood
or even by workers going into housing communities or door-to -door

For others, our new vaccination partners Curative and Vault will offer more and more vaccination events around the state. And DPH will continue to operate large vaccination events where we can handle a few thousand people in a day. Only through all these efforts will we reach everyone we need to reach.
Having your name on our request list gives us the ability to invite you to large Division of Public Health vaccination events like the ones seen recently at DMV lanes. We do also intend to provide names from the waiting list to other organizations who will reach out to get you vaccinated. So you may hear from us in emails that come from State of Delaware, like this one, or from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) that built the appointment system we are using. Or you may hear directly from another organization that is vaccinating.

It is important to understand that registering for the waiting list (and the state-operated vaccination efforts it will lead to) are not the only way to be vaccinated. Pharmacies and medical providers, for example, are making their own appointments independent of DPH’s waiting list. If you have an opportunity though your pharmacy or a medical provider to be vaccinated, please take it. Don't wait for the waiting list --we won't be offended.

We hope this clarifies how we intend to eventually take our new waiting list to zero. The reality is it won't happen quickly--we appreciate your patience. In the meantime, keep wearing your mask, keep your distance from others, and keep washing your hands, being smart and staying safe.

Delaware Division of Public Health
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 07:27 AM

9,717 posts, read 14,252,784 times
^ All Good Information!

Even more, in the Delaware State News today 01/29/2021...Page 1 and continued on Page 6!
TIMING OF 2ND-DOSE VACCINES REWORKED

I'm satisfied with the answers, now!

Old 01-29-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
^ All Good Information!

Even more, in the Delaware State News today 01/29/2021...Page 1 and continued on Page 6!
TIMING OF 2ND-DOSE VACCINES REWORKED

I'm satisfied with the answers, now!
I just received 2 emails to that effect.

Old 01-29-2021, 11:03 AM

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 43,763 + 222
KENT 12,634 +113
SUSSEX 20,361 +105

Hospitalized 320 - 2
Critical 46 -5

Old 01-30-2021, 11:07 AM

NCC 44,073 + 310
KENT 12,746 +112
SUSSEX 20,550 +189

Hospitalized 317 -3
Critical 43 -3

Old 01-31-2021, 11:02 AM

NCC 44,340 + 267
KENT 12,821 +75
SUSSEX 20,728 +178

Hospitalized 315 -2
Critical 43 -n/c

Old 01-31-2021, 12:24 PM

9,717 posts, read 14,252,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post

NCC 44,340 + 267
KENT 12,821 +75
SUSSEX 20,728 +178

Hospitalized 315 -2
Critical 43 -n/c
I hope I'm not the only one that can't figure this thing out! I feel like I'm on a Yo-Yo!

Old 01-31-2021, 08:52 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,869,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I hope I'm not the only one that can't figure this thing out! I feel like I'm on a Yo-Yo!
I know exactly what you mean! like a bouncing ball.

Just a side note....if anyone can add one of my daughter's best friends from high school to your prayer list, please do so. Her name is Jessica, she is 38 and is dying from an inoperable brain tumor (glioblastoma). She was supposed to go into a special study the beginning of last year and well, we all know what happened, and the study was cancelled and now it's too late. She is now within months of leaving her husband and family forever, maybe less. Please pray for her peaceful passing. I have been sending her cards to cheer her up and this may be the last one and I have been tearful all day since we found out. Our daughter says she is starting to lose memory and sometimes doesn't recognize people. If there is one positive thing it is that they didn't have children who will also lose their mother. Between COVID and cancer there have just been too many losses in our group of friends and family this year and last.

Old 02-01-2021, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
I know exactly what you mean! like a bouncing ball.

Just a side note....if anyone can add one of my daughter's best friends from high school to your prayer list, please do so. Her name is Jessica, she is 38 and is dying from an inoperable brain tumor (glioblastoma). She was supposed to go into a special study the beginning of last year and well, we all know what happened, and the study was cancelled and now it's too late. She is now within months of leaving her husband and family forever, maybe less. Please pray for her peaceful passing. I have been sending her cards to cheer her up and this may be the last one and I have been tearful all day since we found out. Our daughter says she is starting to lose memory and sometimes doesn't recognize people. If there is one positive thing it is that they didn't have children who will also lose their mother. Between COVID and cancer there have just been too many losses in our group of friends and family this year and last.
Oh Rothbear, I am praying for her and her family and for your family, especially your DD. If there is one blessing to the whole thing it's that at least she didn't end up with covid and hospitalized with none of her family by her side. Prayers coming her way.

Old 02-01-2021, 10:36 AM

NCC 44,570 + 230
KENT 12,918 +97
SUSSEX 20,824 +96

Hospitalized 321+6
Critical 39 -4

The number of hospitalized went up and we lost 11 people yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware