Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2021, 09:17 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
skeddy.....log in to de.gov.fema now. The appointment site opened 11 a.m. today..... Dover International Speedway location.Both moderna and Pfizer are offered. As quick as I logged in, 2 days of appointments were gone. I got DH in on Wed. 2/24.
thanks rdlr but the FEMA event is only for people that got their first shot at specific locations and times. Read the announcement. It is not based on how long ago you got your first vaccine. Here is who its for.

"These second-dose appointments will only be available for those who received a first-dose from the Division of Public Health at one of the following events:

Dover Division of Motor Vehicles on January 16th through January 18th
Salesianum School in Wilmington on January 18th
Delaware City Division of Motor Vehicles on January 22nd through 24th
Georgetown Division of Motor Vehicles on January 23rd and January 24th
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 03:24 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,108,582 times
Today's numbers over/under

NCC 47,465 + 116
KENT 13,832 + 46
SUSSEX 22,095 + 45

Hospitalized 195 +9
Critical 15 -2

We lost 25 people yesterday.

Old 02-17-2021, 03:42 PM

9,722 posts, read 14,260,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
thanks rdlr but the FEMA event is only for people that got their first shot at specific locations and times. Read the announcement. It is not based on how long ago you got your first vaccine. Here is who its for.

"These second-dose appointments will only be available for those who received a first-dose from the Division of Public Health at one of the following events:

Dover Division of Motor Vehicles on January 16th through January 18th
Salesianum School in Wilmington on January 18th
Delaware City Division of Motor Vehicles on January 22nd through 24th
Georgetown Division of Motor Vehicles on January 23rd and January 24th
I have relatives who got their second shots at Walgreens/Middletown. I know that's a long way for you, but.....

Old 02-17-2021, 04:35 PM

829 posts, read 629,065 times
Skeddy, from what I read, they say the second Moderna dose is ideally at 28 days but still effective up to 42 days after the first dose. I would start to check the sites of the pharmacies that are offering it, checking multiple times a day at all hours of the day. If I wind up in your situation for my husband's second dose, I would also consider calling the DPH and talking to someone about your situation and seeing if they can't help you. At the least, if they have enough people calling, they may consider having another vaccination event for "all others".

I feel bad for you having this situation and wish you the best. I won't be eligible until Phase 2, but certainly hope they have the glitches resolved so people don't fall through the gaps as you have. Good luck!

Old 02-17-2021, 05:19 PM

FWIW, some neighbors called me and told me they can't get the second shots from the pharmacy and asked if I had any magic website to refer them to. I called DPH this afternoon and I explained that I had a few much older neighbors that were looking for the second shot at a pharmacy where they had received the 1st shot and they were getting nervous because no one here is offering them. She was very nice and really tried to get me an answer, but after putting me on hold twice to try and get me an answer she simply admitted that no one had an answer. I will go the federal route calling tomorrow.

Old 02-18-2021, 07:28 AM

I am awaiting a call back from someone from Sen. Carper's office regarding the vaccine situation with the pharmacies. Will keep you posted.

Old 02-18-2021, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I am awaiting a call back from someone from Sen. Carper's office regarding the vaccine situation with the pharmacies. Will keep you posted.
Just got a call from the GOVERNOR’s office. Apparently, they misunderstood the point in the Senators office and they were calling me from the Governor’s office to explain that I could get the shot at the State sponsored events. Back to square one.

Old 02-18-2021, 02:56 PM

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 47,608 + 143
KENT 13,906 + 74
SUSSEX 22,148 + 53

Hospitalized 197 +2
Critical 18 +3

We lost 10 people yesterday.

The gentleman who called me from the Governor's office was going to call the Senator's office back and put the ball back in their court. This morning, I explained to the young lady in Senator Carper's office that the Federal Govt is the one dealing with the pharmacies now and not the state. The next call I will make tomorrow is directly to the White House. I am a believer in chain of command but there are some people here who are getting into the 33 day range and they are getting nervous that they will be unable to get the shot.

Old 02-18-2021, 07:15 PM

829 posts, read 629,065 times
God love you for all your efforts on behalf of your neighbors. I am perplexed how/why the state allocated doses to pharmacies and didn't include them in the distribution of second doses that they're rolling out for those who got the vaccine directly from them.

I have wondered what the process will be for those who can't get their second shot within the recommended timeframe. Will those who received only one vaccine need to wait a length of time and then start all over with a 1st and then a 2nd dose?

I'll look forward to hearing what response you get, nuts, as I fear we may be in the same situation in a few weeks. That said, our next door neighbors got their second dose today from a pharmacy - but not the same one my husband got his first dose from.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:38 PM

Lyndyb, nothing upsets me as much as sitting by an accepting the status quo, just because. I may not get the response I want but I will at least be able to say that I gave it my all. A few of the neighbors are in their late 70’s and family members are not local. If I have anything now, it is time on my hands. Plus it is better than rearrange the sock and under-ware drawers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware