Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2020, 03:10 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,912,094 times

Advertisements

Well, the storms have come and gone without any damage to my property. The wind was vicious though!

I cannot believe that it's been a month since school closed. Being part-time, I won't be going back until September even if they happen to open up after May 15 which I doubt. It will be a six month summer break for me! However, my husband still has work as usual which concerns me due to the virus. It's not where he's at yet...but close. I worry he could bring it home and all of my preventative measures would be for nothing. I do know of some Delaware police officers who have had Covid, and a 66-year-old man who lives a mile from my house died from it after family gave it to him while they were visiting over St. Patrick's weekend.

Easter was just me and my husband. I dressed up like a bunny and ran around Ocean View yesterday which brought out some smiles and compliments, and I cooked us a nice meal to keep things as normal as possible and keep my husband's spirits up.
I won't allow my son over since he is not quarantining and I don't know when I will ever see my parents. We were going to drive down to shoot on their property and talk to them from afar (not enter their house or get close to them), but that does not seem possible now with these travel restrictions. I have not left Ocean View since March 14. I think this is the longest time ever I have stayed in my town and not driven anywhere outside of my zip code. However, I have not been bored at all and I've kept myself occupied even being home alone with my pets for many days on end. I go running almost every morning and say hi to people from a distance. I hang out in my backyard. I cook and bake...a lot. No take out for us!!! I only shop every three weeks now and I am fully protected when I go out. Trying to make peace with this new normal......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2020, 03:11 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,912,094 times
Oh---Nuts, congrats on the new puppy! I would love to get a dog so I could have a running partner, but hubs isn't keen on the idea due to his shift work and not wanting to be woken up. Maybe in a few years when he retires....

Old 04-13-2020, 06:43 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
Oh---Nuts, congrats on the new puppy! I would love to get a dog so I could have a running partner, but hubs isn't keen on the idea due to his shift work and not wanting to be woken up. Maybe in a few years when he retires....
He is really a cutie pie. He is a cinnamon color mini golden doodle. He weighed 6.1 lbs on 4/3 and the breeder raises all of her puppies with her sister or her own kids. They are well on the road to housebroken when you get them and very social because they are so used to being around people. He was 2 months old on 4/9.

DH was never a dog owner until we took my dad’s dog when he passed away. He fell in love but took his needing to be put to sleep very hard and never wanted to get another.
That was 2 years ago this week and I finally prevailed. He is tiring me out training him and DH calls me a drill Sargent. The neighbors have stopped by the house (curbside) and visited with the new arrival but no closer that the curb to mid driveway where I put him through his paces. They are stunned at how quickly he has picked things up training wise. He really is a great diversion given this virus.

Old 04-14-2020, 01:37 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Yes, Nuts! So happy you are enjoying the new puppy! Sounds like the perfect cure for this virus situation! Nothing like a new puppy!

Old 04-14-2020, 08:05 AM

273 posts, read 684,693 times
one thing I have read and also heard that works to heal the virus is heat such as hot tea or coffee heat kills the virus so I heard and salt also is good for viruses

Old 04-14-2020, 11:30 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midagegirl View Post
one thing I have read and also heard that works to heal the virus is heat such as hot tea or coffee heat kills the virus so I heard and salt also is good for viruses

If it were only that easy.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midagegirl View Post
Read this immediately
https://www.webmd.com/lung/qa/can-ga...he-coronavirus

Old 04-14-2020, 12:49 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
She posted that over in NJ, too. This was someone's response: https://www.nj.com/opinion/2020/04/a...9-opinion.html

Old 04-14-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
She posted that over in NJ, too. This was someone's response: https://www.nj.com/opinion/2020/04/a...9-opinion.html
This is JMO, I will always err on the side of caution. If Web-MD among others is quoting it does not work, them I will give them the nodded agree. If hot liquid killed germs it would be the end of the common cold and flu.

Old 04-14-2020, 03:09 PM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Governor Carney just gave an updated address on COVID-19, today April 14th. Nothing new, cases are still going up and the graph is climbing. I don't see any plateau or leveling off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware