Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2020, 11:01 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
I just came across an article on Agave, and it indicates that they are still coming to Rehoboth, but not the location on Rehoboth Avenue. Like Nicola Pizza, their Rehoboth location will be on Coastal Highway.

https://www.capegazette.com/article/...h-beach/207674

As nuts had indicated, the decision not to build on Rehoboth Avenue wasn't Covid-related. As much as I love and frequent Rehoboth Avenue, parking can be such an issue that I can see where restaurants would fare better from both a visibility and a parking standpoint on Coastal Highway.
Thanks, I don't know how I missed that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2020, 11:03 AM

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 8601 +85
KENT 2712 +13
SUSSEX 6396 + 22

Hospitalizations 52 +4
Critical 13 +1

Old 09-06-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
I just came across an article on Agave, and it indicates that they are still coming to Rehoboth, but not the location on Rehoboth Avenue. Like Nicola Pizza, their Rehoboth location will be on Coastal Highway.

https://www.capegazette.com/article/...h-beach/207674

As nuts had indicated, the decision not to build on Rehoboth Avenue wasn't Covid-related. As much as I love and frequent Rehoboth Avenue, parking can be such an issue that I can see where restaurants would fare better from both a visibility and a parking standpoint on Coastal Highway.
Just off the top of my head.

Vacant restaurant spots on the Highway:

Fridays

Burger King

Palate

All with parking

Old 09-06-2020, 12:07 PM

829 posts, read 629,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Just off the top of my head.

Vacant restaurant spots on the Highway:

Fridays

Burger King

Palate

All with parking
You are so right. My first thought was Burger King, whose marquee says "under contract" and I've seen something that indicated that whomever is buying it will tear down the existing structure, but they weren't at liberty to disclose anything more. I'd forgotten about TGIFriday's and Palate - and what about the Ruby Tuesday space - has anyone taken that over?

We've been vacationing or visiting this area on weekends for decades and it's been interesting to see the evolution. I wonder if two Rehoboth Avenue restaurants (one established and one planned) moving to Coastal Highway may be a sign that restauranteurs are seeing that a location on Coastal Highway may offer more than the more seasonal Rehoboth Avenue locations, what with visibility and the increasing number of year-round residents? Judging from what others have posted, many of us avoid the downtown area during the peak season period due to parking issues - and we've had to scrap plans to eat in downtown Rehoboth several times even during the fall and winter months because we couldn't find a place to park.

Old 09-06-2020, 12:39 PM

Ruby Tuesday is Atlantic something - primarily a seafood place. Yes, the Rehoboth Foodie said it is a knock down on Burger King. The plus with Fridays is that there is a kitchen in place already, so no need for supply lines etc to be built in. Palate has a kitchen too but much smaller.

Another thought I had was that the Community Bank across from County Bank is going to be vacant sometime in the not too distant future, when they relo next to County Bank. The access to that would be from CVS and make a right or from the service road from Dewey or Rehoboth.

I will bet that there will be others by the end of the year too.

I keep praying that Trader Joe's will plan a place here. Hope springs eternal.

Old 09-06-2020, 02:16 PM

829 posts, read 629,262 times
Quote:
Ruby Tuesday is Atlantic something - primarily a seafood place. Yes, the Rehoboth Foodie said it is a knock down on Burger King. The plus with Fridays is that there is a kitchen in place already, so no need for supply lines etc to be built in. Palate has a kitchen too but much smaller.

Another thought I had was that the Community Bank across from County Bank is going to be vacant sometime in the not too distant future, when they relo next to County Bank. The access to that would be from CVS and make a right or from the service road from Dewey or Rehoboth.

I will bet that there will be others by the end of the year too.

I keep praying that Trader Joe's will plan a place here. Hope springs eternal.
I couldn't remember what Atlantic Social used to be. I don't get out as much as I did. LOL

My wish is Wegman's but I think Trader Joe's would probably be a better fit for this area. It doesn't cost anything to hope.

Sadly, I'm sure there will be others by the end of the year too, but I'm guessing that Agave will land somewhere already available, as it sounds like they've got a deal in place but just can't talk about it yet. Oh well, it'll give us something to do to wait and watch!

Old 09-06-2020, 04:09 PM

My cousin in NJ always raved about Wegmans and their salads.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
I couldn't remember what Atlantic Social used to be. I don't get out as much as I did. LOL

My wish is Wegman's but I think Trader Joe's would probably be a better fit for this area. It doesn't cost anything to hope.

Sadly, I'm sure there will be others by the end of the year too, but I'm guessing that Agave will land somewhere already available, as it sounds like they've got a deal in place but just can't talk about it yet. Oh well, it'll give us something to do to wait and watch!
Another possibility dawned on me. The Forgotten Mile Ale House is vacant, has it's own parking too. Might be a little off the beaten path but look at the Starboard and Woodies.

Don't know if it is a fit or not but Pier One is empty too.

Last edited by nuts2uiam; 09-07-2020 at 10:07 AM..

Old 09-07-2020, 10:16 AM

NCC 8656 +55
KENT 2720 +8
SUSSEX 6420 + 24

Hospitalizations 53 - 9
Critical 14 +1

Ok, so once again I screwed up or there seemingly are gremlins in my computer. The day before hospitalizations = 62, which I swear I posted.

Old 09-07-2020, 10:24 AM

9,723 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Quote:

NCC 8656 +55
KENT 2720 +8
SUSSEX 6420 + 24

Hospitalizations 53 - 9
Critical 14 +1

Ok, so once again I screwed up or there seemingly are gremlins in my computer. The day before hospitalizations = 62, which I swear I posted.
You didn't screw up, Nuts! Today's paper states that there was a "reporting issue" which happens often. Don't sweat it! I glance at what they report, and just glaze over....Ho-Hum. This, too, shall pass.

By the Way, Pier One is going out of business everywhere, not just the beach. They closed in Dover 2-3 months ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware