Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2020, 06:37 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
We've gotten some great discounts on things at Overstock and a couple from Wayfair. I didn't think of any of them for this, so thanks for the suggestions! As much as I prefer to buy local and actually see what I'm buying, sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and order online when what you're finding locally just isn't what you had in mind.

To be on topic for the thread - I've read that Florida is beginning to crack down on bars and restaurants who aren't complying with the Covid #19 guidelines after a # of outbreaks stemming from "drinking establishments". They were reluctant to do so with an industry that had suffered from the shutdown, but the surging cases, primarily in the younger population, has caused them to do so. A pub near the University of Central Florida has had its liquor license suspended after 13 employees and 28 customers tested positive.

We aren't going out to eat, so we have only hearsay knowledge of how a few local restaurants in Sussex County have handled compliance with guidelines, but a few friends have all had very good experiences and felt safe by how the restaurants they went to were conducting business. Based on what we have read and heard on the news from experts, we are not comfortable going out to eat, but that's a personal choice and it's good to hear that some of the restaurants are taking the guidelines seriously and following them.

I just came across this article that references Governor's Carney's concerns about the uptick in hospitalizations and what's being seen in the area. I will really be bummed if the behaviors of the stupids causes them to shut the beaches again: https://www.wdel.com/news/slight-upt...6741226f7.html
Yesterday he said that they will be making unannounced visits to places to see if they are in compliance. Good for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 09:27 AM

Today's numbers over/under

NCC 4720 + 23
KENT 1628 + 4
SUSSEX 4522 +13

Hospitalizations 85 - 6

The hospitalizations are once again going in the right direction. However, they added 67 deaths to the total.

Old 06-24-2020, 10:09 AM

6 posts, read 7,035 times
Has anyone gone to Cape Henlopen State Park in the past few weeks? Is it crowded there?

Old 06-24-2020, 12:23 PM

829 posts, read 629,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Yesterday he said that they will be making unannounced visits to places to see if they are in compliance. Good for him.
I have to say that I think he's done a great job throughout this pandemic - a measured, thoughtful and watchful approach.

Old 06-25-2020, 11:40 AM

NCC 4791. + 71
KENT 1630. + 2
SUSSEX 4538 + 16

Hospitalizations 93. + 8 Not a good trend.

Old 06-25-2020, 06:03 PM

WILMINGTON, Del. – Governor John Carney on Thursday announced a delay in moving to Phase 3 of Delaware’s economic reopening, and issued the following statement:
“I know many Delawareans expected us to move into Phase 3 of economic reopening on Monday, June 29 – and that had been my hope, as well. But we are delaying that decision so we can get a better handle on what’s going on in Delaware and around the country. We intend to make a decision early next week regarding the start of Phase 3.
“Too many Delawareans and visitors are not following basic public health precautions. We’ve heard and seen concerns especially in our beach communities, in restaurants, in gyms, and at sporting events. Now’s not the time to let up. You’re required to wear a mask in public settings. Keep your distance from those outside your household. These are common sense steps that, frankly, are not that difficult to follow. And they’re a small price to pay for keeping our friends and relatives out of the hospital.
“Today, we held a COVID-19 testing event in Rehoboth Beach. Results of that event should help us determine infection rates in our coastal communities. We’ll be monitoring this data – as well as compliance with public health requirements like mask-wearing and social distancing – as we make a determination about when Phase 3 should begin.
“In Delaware, we are beating this disease. We have flattened the curve. But that’s because Delawareans stayed home and made significant sacrifices to keep others safe. Make no mistake: COVID-19 has not gone away. We’ve seen what has happened in other states when folks let their guard down. Let’s not be one of those states.”

My 24 year old niece from MD is staying at her (other) Aunt's condo in OC near the DE line. She went to the Rehoboth boardwalk last night wearing her mask (she's a 1st grade teacher and generally a compliant person) and was horrified at the number of people who were not - so she left. So there are some younger people who feel the same way we do.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:32 AM

The Starboard has announced that they will close early at 11 on the weekends. They have a professional cleaning crew come in every night to sanitize it. Woody's is not allowing dining in, only take out. Both are in response to the 3 teens who were diagnosed with the virus following staying in Dewey Beach and not following the rules. It is indeed nice to see employers who are taking this seriously.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
The Starboard has announced that they will close early at 11 on the weekends. They have a professional cleaning crew come in every night to sanitize it. Woody's is not allowing dining in, only take out. Both are in response to the 3 teens who were diagnosed with the virus following staying in Dewey Beach and not following the rules. It is indeed nice to see employers who are taking this seriously.
I totally agree, Nuts. I'm impressed when businesses responsive. I daresay Dewey may have an even more difficult clientele to rein in , so these two measures are very responsible. I'll even go so far as to saw that when whenever we feel it's safe to go out to eat, we'll be more likely to go to the restaurants and businesses who acted in the interest of public health. If enough do this, they may avoid a similar fate as TX, who just announced they're shutting down bars and limiting restaurants.

Old 06-26-2020, 10:09 AM

NCC 4840 + 49
KENT 1635 + 5
SUSSEX 4519

Hospitalizations 78 -15

I apologize however, I am not certain how to correct yesterday's numbers for Sussex. I went back to look at yesterday's number when I had more than today's number. The curious thing is that when you go to the master cumulative data of cases by county and scroll back on the graphs for Sussex county not one of the numbers match what they put out for the prior weeks. I did not look at the other counties.

For example, I randomly picked May 31. They indicate the number 4308. I figured it out or so I thought. They are using "actual" date data and I am posting data as it is posted which is for the prior day. So I went to my post of June 1 (data from 5/31) and my number was 4330. I went back to their data for 5/30 and the number was 4285. So I am confused.

Old 06-26-2020, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
I totally agree, Nuts. I'm impressed when businesses responsive. I daresay Dewey may have an even more difficult clientele to rein in , so these two measures are very responsible. I'll even go so far as to saw that when whenever we feel it's safe to go out to eat, we'll be more likely to go to the restaurants and businesses who acted in the interest of public health. If enough do this, they may avoid a similar fate as TX, who just announced they're shutting down bars and limiting restaurants.
This is a new announcement, they are closing this weekend to help slow any further transmission.

https://www.wdel.com/news/some-delaw...d0207ae22.html

I will say the only place I have been out to eat at is the Starboard and they did a fabulous job outside in terms of distancing, cleaning, and serving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware