Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2020, 05:19 PM

319 posts, read 504,462 times

Advertisements

So today, in the mail, I received a letter that from it's appearance looks physically
like a correspondence from the IRS or some other such government agency. The letter
has a red stamp "SECOND NOTICE" on it. The language inside stresses it is time sensitive.

When you open it up, it has a prepaid postage envelope addressed to..

Direct Mail Processing, LLC in Kennesaw, GA

..to a PO Box (exact address omitted here).

Anyway the letter looks like a tax document and is labeled with an ambiguous "T-2"
on the left side and a "2020" on the right hand side.

In the center at the top it is entitled...

2020 Benefit Information
For Delaware Citizens Only

.. In the letter, the text reads....

As a resident of Delaware, you are entitled to more benefits not provided by government funds.
You now have access to a 2020 sate-regulated life insurance program which will pay 100% of final
expenses up to $35,000. Return this postage paid card within 5 days to request this new benefit
information.

Then it says please respond by April 8, 2020.

The information requested is for the addressee name and age, spouse's name and age, street address,
and phone number.

Then in very fine print about 4 point font it says "Not affiliated with or endorsed by any government agency"

I might be shiny but I'm not brand new. This is definitely a scam.

If you get this letter, it is a scam. I did a google search and found articles about it.
This is a scam that has been working its way across the country. It is so annoying and disappointing that,
amidst the current national crisis, that someone would go through so much effort to harvest people's information
or even worse, commit fraud.

The link to the news story is here:
https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/ne...e/83-442187465

Hopefully this information is helpful.

Everyone please stay healthy, stake safe, and stay awake (about scammers).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2020, 05:25 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times
I got it too. What I did and do with all such nonsense, is tear off anything that can identify who I am. I then put everything I received and any other junk mail lying around and put it in the return envelope.

I mail it back with no return address and that way they are on the hook for the return postage for nothing.

Old 03-27-2020, 05:55 PM

319 posts, read 504,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I got it too. What I did and do with all such nonsense, is tear off anything that can identify who I am. I then put everything I received and any other junk mail lying around and put it in the return envelope.

I mail it back with no return address and that way they are on the hook for the return postage for nothing.
Very nice idea. Make them pay. I will do similarly.

Old 03-27-2020, 09:54 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,426,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post

great suggestion - I’ll do it, too

Old 03-28-2020, 06:05 AM

9,722 posts, read 14,262,736 times
Me, too! Thanks, Nuts! Now, I can't wait for my mail to come today, so it will give me something to do besides EAT ALL DAY! :0
Pounds: +2, +1, + 1/2, +1 ...........

Old 03-28-2020, 06:48 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Me, too! Thanks, Nuts! Now, I can't wait for my mail to come today, so it will give me something to do besides EAT ALL DAY! :0
Pounds: +2, +1, + 1/2, +1 ...........
My friend sent a text saying Coronavirus is good for Weight Watchers, IF I have one more quaranteenie they are going to be issuing me stock as a poster girl for their next campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware