U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 01:37 PM

636 posts, read 271,944 times

Advertisements

Governor Carney made an announcement about interim steps for businesses - as well as testing:

Many Small Businesses in Del. Can Open Fri. for Curbside Pickup - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2020, 04:39 PM

10,167 posts, read 12,847,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
Governor Carney made an announcement about interim steps for businesses - as well as testing:

Many Small Businesses in Del. Can Open Fri. for Curbside Pickup - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -
You beat me to it. It is going to be interesting.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:06 PM

I just received an e-mail:

Governor Carney Announces June 1 as Target for Phase I and Stay-at-Home Order Extended Through May 31

Friday, May 8: Governor Carney announced June 1 as the target date for Phase I of Delaware’s economic reopening. Delaware’s stay-at-home order will be extended through May 31.

Details about Phase I of Delaware’s economic reopening will be released early next week.

https://news.delaware.gov/2020/05/08...et-for-phase-I

Last edited by lyndyb; 05-08-2020 at 09:32 PM..

Old 05-08-2020, 10:15 PM

I just came across this article in the print version of the Cape Gazette and found it on line. Apparently the owner/operator of the Café on the Circle in Georgetown has decided to take it upon himself to allow people who pick up food from his restaurant to use the outside seating area in defiance of the current Covid State of Emergency guidelines. I'm curious what your thoughts are about this.

https://www.capegazette.com/article/...ergency/201746

Old 05-09-2020, 07:07 AM

I listened to the Governors call on Friday and I must say that I think he finds himself in a no win situation. OC has opened for exercise and yesterday it was announced that Dewey is opening for exercise and dog walking and Lewes has never been closed for the same. Lewes reports few incidents.

As of the 4th of May, the Rehoboth City council reported no plans to open the boardwalk or the beach as of yet. They are planning on a crowd control barrier that would go on the boardwalk to prevent people from using the beach or the boardwalk but allow for the shops on the boardwalk to open. The sole purpose is to allow access to business.

The following is upcoming too.

https://www.capegazette.com/article/...1825?source=rs

I am not surprised about the Cafe on the Circle. My attitude is if people want to be stupid about this they are adults and can and will be. I personally am not about to go out to lunch or dinner and sit and eat outside while we are still on the up swing. I can be patient for the sake of my health and yours.

That said, I am SLIGHTLY concerned about the over used of hand sanitizer and hand washing and being in the house. We get our immunity from exposure and if we continue to "sterilize" ourselves from the outside world the common cold and other things will kick us in the butt.

Old 05-09-2020, 07:47 AM

405 posts, read 563,583 times
Quote:
That said, I am SLIGHTLY concerned about the over used of hand sanitizer and hand washing and being in the house. We get our immunity from exposure and if we continue to "sterilize" ourselves from the outside world the common cold and other things will kick us in the butt.

+1 to nuts' for the always good posts. I'd give you some rep for that one but they say I have lavished too much upon you already. I must spread it around they say, but what if there are only a few who deserve it?

Old 05-09-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
+1 to nuts' for the always good posts. I'd give you some rep for that one but they say I have lavished too much upon you already. I must spread it around they say, but what if there are only a few who deserve it?
Thanks. Interestingly enough one of my neighbors is very involved with this and its' tracking and while walking the dog a few minutes ago, we had this very discussion. I have honestly taken to using less hand sanitizer unless I am in the grocery store. I am aware and cautious but I refuse to be paranoid. I am not pinning any medals on myself, but the truth of the matter is if all people would abide by the rules and social distance, we could reopen everything almost anywhere in the country. The real problem is the people who think the rules don't apply to them. We saw it before they closed the beach, clusters of 30 -50 and this was back before the real impact hit. Ya just can't fix stupid as I have said numerous times.

I think it will be a challenge for those in a position to determine exactly what opening places like the outlets will look like, most especially when the "not me's" try to shop. Also jumping ahead, wondering what black Friday shopping will look like, now that will be more than interesting. They better eliminate all specials.

Old 05-09-2020, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post

One of my friends said the very same thing about the use of anti-bacterial hand soap and sanitizer, as well as exposure to other people. I guess you can't win, but I'd rather avoid this virus at the risk of catching something a little less dangerous.

I've been appalled and disappointed at some of the ugly behavior - we're seeing on the news over "rights" being taken with the stay-at-home mandates and being required to wear masks. I have to wonder what's wrong with people!

As for the Café at the Circle, I just don't have a lot of respect for people who don't or won't abide by the rules. If one person does it and gets away with it, then what is to stop everyone from doing the same? In the end, less than a week after he took it upon himself to open in violation of the directives, they were allowed to do this. But you're right - nuts - it's up to us as individuals to decide for ourselves whether we want to take that risk. I'm with you in that we're going to move forward VERY cautiously. When we do, I plan to patronize those businesses who abided by the guidelines for the greater good of the community. I have a lot of respect for those like Dogfish Head that closed BEFORE it was required because they didn't want to put their staff at risk - not to mention producing hand sanitizer. We ate there frequently in the past and they will be among those we do business with when we return to eating out.

I hope you are all safe and well -- and warm. Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!!

Old 05-09-2020, 09:47 PM

363 posts, read 408,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Hi Nuts, as always enjoy your posts and appreciate your daily "numbers" updates. Your comment above caught me off guard however; I've never heard about hand washing or sanitizing as reducing immunity. Did some quick research and the only thing that I can find is that if one washes or sanitizes so much it dries out and cracks the skin that could lead to bad things. The simple fix is to moisturize hands so this doesn't happen. Were you referring to this or is there something else? Thanks!

Old 05-09-2020, 10:25 PM

I came across an article that talks about the possible effects of using hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial soaps:

https://absolutehealth.com/hand-sani...ystem-effects/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware