Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2020, 01:14 AM

189 posts, read 204,944 times

Advertisements

Hello All I am new to this and would need some advice. I am a African American female (NJ native) currently engaged to a Caucasian male (Wisconsin native) Our age group is 35-40 We dont have any children and currently live in Wisconsin. We both have been eye balling Delaware area for quite a while and looking to relocate around that area next year lord willing. I always been a city girl who enjoys simple nightlife, weekend getaways, shopping, basic fun things etc. As far as my fiance, he's more of a homebody nerdy type guy. Just looking for a permanent place to purchase a home and live out our days. Is there anyone out there who can suggest some suburbia areas around that offers a peaceful low crime, diverse place to purchase a home. A decent healthcare system for mental illness and health issues is a plus. I do hear about the taxes situation but I am seeking a little more. So any feedback is accepted thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2020, 05:56 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
If you are interested in shopping then the only place is in more northern Delaware. Southern De. where I live, essentially has only the outlet and a some boutique type shops. If by night life you mean clubs, then during the summer there are clubs in Dewey Beach that feature concerts. Southern De has a ton of restaurants (what will survive remains to be seen). There is a small theater in Rehoboth, Clear Space, and they have many nice offerings. There are also several theater groups in the Milton area.

If you are not interested in the beach, then the prices of homes in more northern Delaware will buy more for your money generally speaking. Christiana Hospital is the largest hospital in that area. The only place in that region that I have a bit of familiarity with is Middletown and I know several people who live there and it is booming. There are others here on CD, that are far more in the know about those areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware