U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2020, 12:11 PM

66 posts, read 179,713 times

Advertisements

I am due some stimulus money so I went on the site to check and see the status. Says I am entitled some stimulus money but they don’t have enough information. I have been reading on all the internet news sites that if you are a social security recipient, your money would be direct deposit to that account. This morning I visited the IRS site for stimulus money and they said my check would be mailed May 15th.
It is now obvious that the IRS does not have the same information as the social security administration. Fox news, CNN, Apple news, MSNBC, Motley, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, all of them stated the stimulus would be direct deposit if you are a social security recipient and had direct deposit.
It sure would be nice if these news sites got their information correct.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2020, 01:40 PM

26 posts, read 22,159 times
Yes, the news reported if you received social security your stimulus check would be direct deposited by the end of April. This did not happen for us, so today I provided direct deposit info. Deadline is now 5/13, if you don't want to wait to receive your check in the mail.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/08/irs-...us-checks.html

Old 05-09-2020, 02:34 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,830,272 times
If you filed a tax return in 2018 or 2019, but, they did not have your direct deposit information you had to go into the web site to provide it. If you happened to have applied any refund to next year - the system could not accept your direct deposit information.

If you have direct deposit set up for social security checks, the IRS does not have access to that information. The Social Security direct deposit was supposed to work for those individuals who had NOT filed a tax return in 2018 or 2019. So, if you did file a tax return and simply are unable to provide direct deposit information to the IRS via the web site, I don't think you will automatically get a direct deposit via the Social Security criteria.

In my case I went back on line to the IRS site about 10 days later and it had been updated to say it would be mailed and the scheduled date to be mailed. It arrived 5 days after the mail date.

Old 05-09-2020, 02:45 PM

899 posts, read 1,042,463 times
Angry Retiree2011

I never had direct deposit for tax refunds and the past years since I’ve been retired I have owed money when filing. For weeks, when I checked I got something like “status not found”. Then several times, the website was down. My brother, a federal retiree, who gets a federal pension and has not moved or changed his bank accounts in years, got the message more info needed. I’m still waiting, long after others have gotten their checks.

Old 05-09-2020, 03:15 PM

2,111 posts, read 4,180,396 times
retiree2011.....I'm one who had major problems when the IRS came up. Kept telling me same thing about status. Finally on 4/24 I was able to enter my DD info. We both have SS deposited, and have for 2 years, but apparently the IRS and SS computers don't talk to each other. We owed for 2018 and got a refund for 2019, which came within a week, although I didn't file until also on 4/24. I did get a message that we qualified for the stimulus, and they would post a date when it was available. That went on for 2 weeks (when others who had put theirs in the same day got dates and their money). Finally today I got a date for DD of next Wednesday.

If you haven't put in your DD info you should at least do that. Be careful that you enter your address and zip info exactly how it was on your tax return. A lot of people were having problems with that. And if your address info was slightly different on the 2018 from the 2019 try both of them. Then when putting in my tax verification info my 2019 didn't work, but my 2018 did. Your check may be processing but at least you will have info on whether you are getting DD or a check mailed. Hang in there.....I know exactly how you are feeling. The thing that annoyed me was that there were thousands, or more, dead people getting checks when I couldn't even get a date.

Old 05-09-2020, 11:17 PM

66 posts, read 179,713 times
I filed my taxes (paper) at the beginning of March. That includes federal, state of New Jersey and Delaware and have not received anything from anyone.

Old 05-10-2020, 07:20 AM

835 posts, read 462,323 times
I get my SSDI funds by direct deposit, and I also filled out the non-filer's info for me and my husband. IRS website says info not available, and still no deposit and no check. It's frustrating to say the least, especially when two people are living on a fixed income that's barely enough for one person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware