Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 02:52 PM

405 posts, read 1,374,856 times

Advertisements

Movn2del, We RV a lot and I can't live without my tv I'm curious what kind of problems have you heard about the Dish? As of Wednesday we will be living in Middletown, Dove Run development they are 3 years and have the newer technology capabilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 06:15 PM

243 posts, read 914,647 times
Hey Laural What I heard about the dish is that you have to move it, like an antenna. Certain channels come on one satellite and other channels on another satellite. Like major networks would be on satellite 1 and premium channels like HBO, Showtime, MAX would be on satellite 24. With a DVR, you can record 2 programs, but both programs must be on the same satellite. I'm going back to the early '80's. For all I know, that has all changed. I record most of my programming because I can never watch anything when it is playing on tv. The kids or hubby usually watch and by the time the kids go to bed, I'm shot and want to go to bed myself. Educate me, if I'm wrong.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:24 PM

405 posts, read 1,374,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movn2del View Post
Hey Laural What I heard about the dish is that you have to move it, like an antenna. Certain channels come on one satellite and other channels on another satellite. Like major networks would be on satellite 1 and premium channels like HBO, Showtime, MAX would be on satellite 24. With a DVR, you can record 2 programs, but both programs must be on the same satellite. I'm going back to the early '80's. For all I know, that has all changed. I record most of my programming because I can never watch anything when it is playing on tv. The kids or hubby usually watch and by the time the kids go to bed, I'm shot and want to go to bed myself. Educate me, if I'm wrong.
Let's see if I can clear up some of this for ya . Nope once the dish is set you don't have to move it, ever (accept of course if your camping with it). Nope you get all the channels on one satellite, including HBO, Showtime, PPV everything whatever package you want to pay for just like cable. No problem recording programs with a DVR. Wow I didn't know there were such problems when satellites first came out. Trust me they've come along way, they would have to they compete with cable. I hope this helps.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:41 PM

65 posts, read 233,634 times
Hi Gals,
Does anyone have any experience with Mediacom? We currently have Comcast (here in WV) but I just made the appointment for May 31 to hook up Mediacom in our new home in DE. Unf. comcast doesn't service the area we are moving to. I was just wondering if anyone could comment on their service?
Thanks
Tabitha

Old 04-28-2008, 08:05 PM

243 posts, read 914,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachanyone View Post
Hi Gals,
Does anyone have any experience with Mediacom? We currently have Comcast (here in WV) but I just made the appointment for May 31 to hook up Mediacom in our new home in DE. Unf. comcast doesn't service the area we are moving to. I was just wondering if anyone could comment on their service?
Thanks
Tabitha
I can't answer for certain, but from all the research I've done, it seems the only options are verizon, comcast or satellite. Everybody and anybody, feel free to chime in if I'm wrong. Oops, you did say you were getting mediacom hooked up. Silly me. Sorry.

Last edited by movn2del; 04-28-2008 at 08:08 PM.. Reason: I made a boo boo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware